The Book of Tears | ARMAGHIDDON

dang, when did I last post here. This stuffs getting harder to follow than trapped in the closet.

2 Likes

Cordax what have we done!? They’re multiplying now

Is this communism at its finest or an implication that Ghid is married?

What kind of OC is that
Heyzorks’s?

Okay. :dizzy_face:

7 Likes

you weren’t around for the cringe rp years of ttv, but it’s essentially a knockoff of the character gamemaster, a grating show host who focuses on violent dismemberment as penalty on said show

it was a bad time

3 Likes

All years of TTV are cringe

4 Likes

How can I do the dunkin’ if there’s no writin’?

7 Likes

ok it’s theorizin’ time

In BoR, N01 says this:

Tott was the one who sent monopoly and the others to the factory, I believe.

This is less concrete, but in BoD, Ghid says this:

Tott is pretty much the main character, so these quotes mean that N01=Tott. This also means that because Tott=Ghid, than according to the law of equivalency, N01=Ghid.

BOOM

BOOM

3 Likes

Well, not exactly, as far as I understand. Ghid was the one who did that, but that Ghid in particular was also the one who happened to have a Tott body among others (Volume, the Dreamers and, presumably, the original body).
So, technically this was Tott, but not quite.

I very much enjoy this idea. If we merge it with one of my theories

We get this: N01=Ghid=cat

Quite a horrifying revelation, if you ask me

Omg Ghid do be typin… I wonder what he is writhing hmmmmmmmmm :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

8 Likes

Ch 4

Chapter 5

He remained motionless.

He, El Cadáver Tonto, barely-renowned wrestler extraordinaire, and professional charred skeletal corpse, was able to hold such a static pose that it seemed he was a statue, illuminated by the blinding flashes above him. The skeleton of this incredible figure should’ve been extremely hot to the touch, but Winger’s impulsive reaction to grab the decayed individual and drag him away from those bright flashes of light resulted in no charred fingers or melted skin.

“I reiterate my question from before.” Cordax grumbled as both he and Winger hid by the dumpster, the flashes of light overhead growing brighter. “What is going on?

Two objects landed in the street, both glowing briefly before the glow faded. One of them stood up, its arm melted into a deformed curve, the elbow joint completely frozen. After a brief glance at the other, whose head had been melted into a point, the functional Dreamer ran and jumped up onto the roof of the building which the party hid under, his footsteps sounding through the building as he raced away.

“Would it hurt to second that?” Racie asked Cordax, still gripping her side. “I think the big glowing ball is fighting Dreamers now, which makes just about as much sense as anything else happening. Let me know when it ends and I get to wake up.” She turned and laid back down in the paper garbage.

Cordax frowned. “This would all be better if I just had my knife. I miss my knife. Where’s the comfort of stabbing something with just your fingers? Winger, this is called small talk, it’s to help me not think about how we’re all going to die horribly soon, please gimme something to work with here-”

“Hush.” Winger spoke, using the stone-like unmoving skin of the frozen skeleton’s shoulder to make scratches on a rather flat rock, which was then jammed into the side of the skeleton’s maw. “If my theory is correct, we’re going to have to be ready to move, and that little effort of dragging him over here threw my back even more.”

“So what, yo want me to carry her?” Cordax jabbed a thumb at Racie, who looked up from the edge of the dumpster with a glare. “I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’m not exactly of a height best suited for things like manual lab-”

“GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!” The skeleton roared, green flames pouring out of his eyes as he sprang to his feet and ducked behind the dumpster, plunging the group into absolute silence. Cordax coughed slightly, breaking the stillness of the moment and prompting Winger to inquire “You uh… You okay dude?”

“WHY AM I NAKED?!!” The skeleton screamed.

“Because you got your flesh melted off in a split second, and I don’t think your clothes were immune either?” Winger replied, forcing himself back up to his feet. “Look, can we deal with that later? There’s a lot going on right now.”

“Well okay, but… What was happening before that?” El Cadáver Tonto inquired, his skeletal head peeking out from behind the dumpster in terror. “I don’t remember anything.”

“Uh…” Cordax scratched his head, trying to ascertain how to process everything that just happened. “So you were crying and weeping on your knees and begging for mercy-”

After that.” The skeleton glared.

“Something about illegal upgrades, really it would help if you got over this, you’re a skeleton.” Winger said, motioning for Racie to get out of the dumpster which was met with another glare as she flopped back on the mound of paper.

“OH!” El Cadáver Tonto started, feeling his head over. “Oh. Right. Skeleton. So it doesn’t exist anymore. And I paid so much money for that metal, too… Well, for my own self-respect,” he pulled a trash bag out from under Racie’s head, dumping the paper contents and pressing his head into it until he made a hole, turning it into a trash poncho. “Better than nothing, right?”

Winger was giving the evil eye to Racie during the skittish skeleton’s misadventures, but even though his helmet still hid his features, Racie eventually relented with a groan and struggled out of the dumpster on her own. “Perfect. Dandy. You said you knew where to get us medical help?”

“Oh yes!” El Cadáver Tonto replied cheerily. “I’ve got somebody who can help you out, he’s down here.” Pushing the dumpster aside, the skeleton lifted a manhole cover and motioned for the party to descend. “We’re only down here because the lease on my apartment ran out. Really, I would greatly prefer to live above-ground, but the prices in this city are insane! And yet I’m spending every hard-earned paycheck on air fresheners to fight back the stale, boggy air down there. It’s a real challenge most of the time to eat in an environment like that, either nauseatingly moist or nauseatingly fresh. You get what I’m getting at?”

At this point, the entire party was underground, and the manhole cover was replaced in time for the brightest flash of all - so bright the manhole glowed briefly with the orange radiance of extreme heat. “Hey, this thing’s stuck!” The skeleton thumped the manhole angrily. “Man, this was the only exit that doesn’t run into the functional sewers! How are we gonna get out now?”

Winger looked briefly at Cordax, who was helping Racie down from the metal rungs of the ladder adhered to the side of the manhole entrance. He seemed to share the expression of worry the small indigo-garbed gremlin possessed.

“Somehow,” He replied, “I don’t think that’s our biggest problem.”

Ch 6

3 Likes

POST 500.

A=/=The

Ghid is, in fact, someone

Not as horrifying as you being almost on the money with your musings about Diero and the foolish/idiot/silly corpse:

So close, man…

I was gonna say no, but I’ve decided that yes this was a welsh cowboy

3 Likes

Actually not unrealistic, given the influx of immigrants in the 1800s.

1 Like

I had this perfect meme prepared to illustrate my concern about the lack of new chapters but

I ain’t happy, I’m feeling glad I got sunshine in a bag (OH MY GOD THE SUNSHINE HAS ESCAPED AND IS NOW MELTING PEOPLE TO THEIR BONES WAAAAHHHHHHHH)

But he didn’t exactly decay though, he just sort of, you know, melted

So they arrive and me confuse.
We’ve already established that these Dreamers are controlled by the Tott Ghid, they pretty much are the Tott Ghid, so why are they are fighting Sonus? We know that the Tott Ghid decided to capitulate. Are they fighting Sonus back to save their lives? Are they attacking him because the Tott Ghid changed his mind? Or is this just a show, an act put up by the Tott Ghid?

How much does Rac know about Dreamers? I thought that they weren’t exactly common knowledge in this world. While she traveled with Tott he didn’t explain what they are, but she must have overheard Renner and Diero mention them on the boat, so I guess she might have a very vague idea of what a Dreamer is, so wouldn’t it make more sense for her to call them “Ghid-looking things” or something, because a Dreamer is a term that she had briefly heard once or twice?
I’m probably being too picky with such unimportant details

Or maybe this is a setup for a plot twist that Racie had been the actual villain of the story all along, and I just cracked the biggest mystery of these books!?

Wasn’t his knife returned to him by Pakari and Bird along with Wunger’s gadgets before the faceoff against Volume?
Anyways, it’s really funny that Cordax is saying this, considering the one time when he threw a tantrum after a person got stabbed to death with it.
Very in-character for him.

I also find it incredibley funny that this was the first thing Winger asked the guy who had just gotten melted to death and then resurrected from Walhalla.
Seems like something he would 100% say. Again, very in-character

The skeleton gifs, my beloved, are now finally an official part of the book

This guy seems completely unfazed by the fact that his skin, blood and organs had completely melted off of his skeleton. He was more concerned about his clothes disappearing. Kinda weird, right?
I’m definitely reading too deep into this and being picky, come on, this was done for comedic purposes, you stupid genius of a book critic!
Please ignore this “criticism”

NEW USER LETS FREAKING GOOOOOO

They will surely have more than three lines and will not die a horrible death immediately

So, we’ve got a full character description now. No user resemblance has been spotted so far

Typical reddit mod habitat

This definitely isn’t foreshadowing

This is in top three Best Cordax Descriptions

My theorising skills almost got praised
Time for a celebratory dance

Classic NOTaHFfan:
-is onto something
-doesn’t follow through and stops right in the middle before reaching the desired conclusion

Like, I got the fact that Corpse’s “enhancements” were important and the creation process of Dreamers right, I just never connected the dots

We got welsh skeleton cowboy Diero, obama fried chicken Willess12… what other unholy abominations will our collective brains come up with?

Cool! I wanna be post 666

Just checked and it also looks like this is in your top three most liked topics right after BoD. Congrats man!

6 Likes
There's a star maaaaaaaan waiting in the sky

he ordered the swiss melt but asked to hold the swiss

?

I don’t see any Ghid-esqe details described. Can you cite any instance of Ghid-controlled Dreamers from before/BoD?

I cannot confirm or deny allegations that Rac knows anything about the dreamers

Now if we can only use this info of him being kinda weird to determine which user-

oh right.

I like how the chair morbs with him

look a discord user

2 Likes

Misread this as boards members getting married, now I wanna see Rukah’s polish wedding in this story.

6 Likes

who would rukah marry? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Rukah, of course.

3 Likes

the spanish skeleton is me mk2

1 Like

you realize that " El Cadáver Tonto" translates to “The Dumb Corpse”, right?

1 Like

i am dumb and most people here wish i was a corpse

1 Like

So, you need that metal and Sonus to create a Dreamer, correct?

1 Like

Aww man I wanted to use the Bowie one… For a filthy weeb I have a pretty good taste in music, don’t I?

This fffire is out of control We're going to burn this city Burn this city (well, the sun isn’t made of fire, but eh that’s close enough)

What. Those aren’t the Ghid Dreamers from the moon?

Must be a typo. Do you mean “from/before BoD”, “from before BoD” or “from before (look in BoD)”?

If it’s the first or third, then yes, there were Ghid-controlled Dreamers in the cider factory that Diero sent to the moon; if it’s the second, then maybe, the concept of Dreamer didn’t exist before BoD, but N01 in BoR might have been a Dreamer

Right… I forgor
This might be an important plot point, now that I think about it.

I have this theory that the knife is actually a really important object, because it is a Rukah, and Ghidsus in the flashback had a silver sliver also named Rukah (it’s crazy to think about the fact that we’ve reached a point where such sentences make full sense. Truly a moment of all time) and obviously one user cannot represent two separate things in these books, unless the user in question is the writer. So, they must be the same thing. Although a knife made of silver sounds really dumb, you can’t do the stabby-stabby without it bending or breaking

Maybe I’ve been the foolish corpse all along because the answer has been under my nose this entire time in the book signups topic, since March of 2022.
I feel so ashamed of myself
Facepalm

This 100% confirms my theory about AI being N01

El Cadáver Tonto Is Traykar, which confirms my theory that he isn’t @GoodGuy2006

Funny? Yes, El Cadáver Tonto is a bit of a clown if you ask me;
Undead? This one’s pretty self-explanatory :skull: :skull_and_crossbones:;
Man? Well, yes;
Dog? That’s where the problems begin, because that’s something that our friend El Cadáver Tonto definitely isn’t.

Maybe he will somehow get to steal Renner’s helmet or maybe his bone structure will get restructured at some point to make him fit the description better

that’s the best youtuber in the world for ya
It’s no good to morb alone, it’s way more fun when someone morbs with you

Where?

A TTV Message Boards story: Marriage Edition (BoM) when?

@Rukah please confirm or confirm. Denial is not acceptable

Sonus, nuclear explosion, powerful furnace, Wario… basically anything that’s hot enough

10 Likes