The Brotherhood of Makuta - Makuta Chasnon

Name: Chasnon
Assigned Region: None
Kanohi: Hau, Mask of Shielding

Like all Makuta, Chasnon was created by Mata Nui from a pool of Antidermis somewhere on the southern islands and joined the Brotherhood of Makuta. He created some minor Rahi at the beginning, but soon was tasked by Miserix to travel to the Matoran Universe, report problems and recruit promising individuals. The later Dark Hunters code-named Seeker and Takadox were two of many, which he managed to win for the ranks of the Brotherhood. It was also him, who first noticed the outbreak of the Matoran Civil War in Metru Nui.
When Miserix assigned regions to Makuta, after Teridax ended the civil war, Chasnonā€˜s job was shortened to solely recruiting, which didnā€™t suit with him very well, as he didnā€™t like the job very much, because even though he was good at it, since he could be very persuasive and had a good intuition about the nature of others, he had always wanted to be a general or at least a captain in the army of the Brotherhood.
When Teridax declared his plan, Chasnon joined him, after he saw that the majority of the Brotherhood stood behind Teridax, fearing what might become of him, if he chose to vote for Miserix. But he also saw a chance to finally get a new assignment.
Indeed Teridax eventually provided him with a new job, although Chasnon hated that one even more. After the Makutaā€™s Antidermis became gaseous again, and someone found out how easy it now was for them to create Kraata and thus Rahkshi, Chasnon was instructed to create an army for the Brotherhood. However, he wasnā€™t going to be commanding that army.
Again though, Chasnon subordinated himself and went to work. He kept at it for several thousand years, until the Toa Hagah rebelled against their master and stole the Avohkii and the Makoki Stone from Destral.
Seeing it as a simple matter of time until everyone would notice that the Brotherhood had strayed from its original purpose, Teridax decided to speed things up a little. The virus with which the Great Spirit could be cast into slumber had been ready for a few centuries, but the application of it would have to be taken special care of.
Teridax didnā€™t know where specifically to apply the virus, but that it had to be used somewhere inside the more hidden, vital parts of the Great Spirit Robot. As there was no way to say what might happen to whoever travelled there, Teridax decided to send some minor Makuta, that was expendable. Thus Chasnon was given the virus and his thoughts were telepathically linked to Teridaxā€™s, so that the leader of the Brotherhood could be constantly aware, on how things stood, and would be able to give orders at any time, for example, when, where, and how exactly to apply the virus.
Chasnon again wasnā€™t too fond of his assignment, but knew that he didnā€™t have a choice. But perhaps, if he successfully carried out this mission, he would finally get a reward to his liking. And after all, the depths of the Great Spirit Robot werenā€™t necessarily dangerous, although no one ā€“ not even Mutran ā€“ knew exactly, what awaited there. After decades of searching, Chasnon finally found an entryway to the usually unaccessible parts of the Great Spirit Robot and eventually reached a ā€œnerve clusterā€, where Teridax was sure, the virus could be applied properly. Chasnon was instructed to wait there for his signal. When Teridax took over the identity of Turaga Dume in Metru Nui and proceeded in eliminating the Toa of the city, he finally gave the signal and Chasnon inserted the virus into Mata Nuiā€˜s system. Then again Chesnon was ordered to wait and keep track of potential problems.
He was still there, when the Great Cataclysm happened. The shock of the impact of the Great Spirit Robot on Aqua Magna sent him crashing into an energy field close by, that heavily damaged his armor. With no way of fixing it, his Antidermis leaked out and eventually dispersed, which killed him.

Bio provided by @Gilahu, edited by me.

16 Likes

get a real hau you skrub

Jokes aside, the limbs could use some work.

3 Likes

Yes they can. :stuck_out_tongue:

But will they? Probably not.

Heā€™s a little, uh, short
And kinda bland looking.

also no hoses 0/10

2 Likes

Letā€™s just say that heā€™s ā€œnot to scale.ā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If you arenā€™t gonna fix them though I suggest that you lengthen the torso at least to complement the long limbs, but thatā€™s the least of my issues with thisā€¦

WHAT ARE THOOOOOSE? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Looks like Ghosty has competitionā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

What Iā€™m saying is gilahu asked for mocs to be around Titan size generally speaking, granted most ended up a-head-over-inika-build tall, but, this guy barely goes past my chiroxā€™s waist, and looks like a shadow matoran next to my teridax.
As well, the smaller scale greatly impacts the appearance of the moc.

2 Likes

@Sushiyoda

All in all the MOC works. I canā€™t say that I like anything in particular, but then nothing really looks off either - except maybe for the head from the side, too much of the orange is open and it sticks out a little much - if you have any chance at acquiring a black Hau I would suggest you go for that.
Also maybe you could extend the upper leg armor upwards to cover the hips more.

My main issue however is the size: I have to agree with @Payinku here. He doesnā€™t even look Toa sized. He rather gives me the impression of a little black devil sitting on Teridaxā€™s shoulder and whispering evil thoughts into his earā€¦:stuck_out_tongue:

So all in all Iā€™d say a nice MOC in itself but not yet suitable to get accepted for the Brotherhood Project mainly because of the size.

(Also you could have removed the two weird word-wraps in the text that originated from copying the text into the original post ;))

3 Likes

I like the silver and black asthetic - though would probably add a small bit of silver to the arms and legs. The attachment of lego pieces to the upper legs is also an interesting choice, iā€™m not sure how i feel about it personally, though it kind of works because it blends in. The feet feel like they could be a bit more developed though - as another user pointed out.

As with most MOCā€™s, i would suggest replacing the red and blue pins with black pins to hide them, this would make the connections seem more natural and it wont distrupt the colour scheme or attract oneā€™s attention to the more colourful pins.

1 Like

I canā€™t really fix that right now. The best I can do is use a technic piece, and a hose to cover it as much as possible.

Heā€™s taller than the G2 toa, and Tahu Mistika (at least now, after I updated him a bit).

I tried, and couldnā€™t do anything.

EDIT: I fixed it.

Red and blue is all I have right now, if I had black I wouldā€™ve use them, but thanks for the critique. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem, they appear in a few sets, but you can probably bricklink them cheaply if you wanted - but i just think it helps with the overall look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. Not the biggest fan of the size of those ear wing flaps.

1 Like

Heā€™s not amazing, but at the same time heā€™s not bad. The feet look like they could use a bit of work

1 Like

Well, Iā€™ll have to see that. If I can count that as ā€œTitan sizedā€ is another thing altogether, though.
I really hate to say this since the torso really looks good, but probably youā€™ll have to build a whole new torso which is bigger, since as I see it the size of the torso significantly influences the ā€œsizeā€ of the whole thing in terms of size gained through complex builds.

And you should probably at least try to come up with a better head since in my opinion the head currently really is the weak point of the MOC.

1 Like

I honestly tried with all the available pieces I have, and I somehow came up with the exact same torso designā€¦ :sweat:

It didnā€™t look good, so I just scrapped it altogether.

Well, thereā€™s no deadline for when you have to be finished yet, so Iā€™d say keep trying. Iā€™m sure somewhen youā€™ll come up with something that is not only bigger but also looks good

1 Like

Okay cool, Iā€™ll be experimenting some more this week then.

EDIT:

Sorry for the crappy photos. If you want a size comparison to K-2SO, better photos, or photos of a specific part of the build, just ask.

And yes, he does look a bit awkward at the moment.

1 Like

Better. I personally feel like that tier armor on the forearms is a little strange looking, but the torso now has better proportions.
Also I just noticed it now, but that upper arm armor on his right arm (the one with the Stars foot) could need some work, too. Itā€™s sticking out in a strange way in my opinion.
I think what the torso could still need are shoulders that are just a little broader - only 1 length unit on each side might already be enough.

From the side howeverā€¦ the upper torso has a huge gap and those half-pin connections on the lower torso just look awful, honestly. Iā€™d suggest leaving the front as it is for now and focus on the back. Perhaps redesign it completely.

Okay, as an update on yesterdays post, Iā€™ve gotten rid of what I added to the lower legs, and the feet. With the shoulders, yes I do agree that they need to be further out, so Iā€™ll try and order some the shortest CCBS ball and cup pieces, and I will also try to find something to replace the armor.

Update:

I changed the build of the torso, covered the really noticeable gaps on the torso, changed the upper arm armor to a bohrok rubber band holder piece (donā€™t know what itā€™s called), added a friction joint to each arm so I donā€™t have to worry about him having problems holding his weapon, I removed 1 tire piece from each arm, and I moved the tires on the legs to cover the ball joints that connect the legs to the waist.

2 Likes