The Brotherhood of Makuta - Mazla

Name: Mazla
Kanohi: Isima, Great Mask of Possibilities
Assigned region: None

Backstory:

[details=Outdated]The tale of another arrogant Makuta begins with more creation of Rahi. Except, with her mask of possibilites, Mazla easily changed any possibility of complications in her creations, and adjusted them. Still, she took the opportunity to mock the others by lowering the chance that their Rahi would turn out successful, earning some hatred.

Anyways, Teridax called for a convocation of the Makuta. Mazla attended, but was unable to influence the outcome of the meeting, since the other Makuta would notice her using her mask, and that could be perceived as quite rude. So, in the rare time that she made a decision without actually making it unfair, Mazla sided with Teridax when conflict arose, since she knew that he was quite influential.

Even so, Mazla did think that Teridax’s plan was maybe a bit on the crazy side. In a small debate, she tried to use her mask power to up the possibility that the others might actually agree with her. Of course, it didn’t work, and news would eventually leak out that a certain possibility-changing Makuta was trash-talking Teridax. And that earned Mazla a nice spot on the hit list.

Long story short a small hunting party was sent by Teridax to kill Mazla. They succeeded, though someone was trying to make their possibility of dying as low as possible. I guess it doesn’t always work, huh.[/details]

Equipment:

Mazla wore the Kanohi Isima, Great Mask of Possibilites, allowing her to alter the probability of a situation, usually to either increase the chance of an event or lessen the likelihood of another. After Teridax’s takeover, she carried around a sword from the armory, more to feel safer than to fight, as she didn’t know how to use it. Her armor was made of Protodermis since she died prior to the Makuta evolution.

The second of my entries for the Brotherhood of Makuta Project.

27 Likes

I personally really like this MOC. Not too complex, but also not basic at all. And just the right amount of purple to make the colour scheme work.
The custom head also looks nice - although I wonder were the eyes are. If I had to guess I would say the eyeholes are those holes in the Skrall armor.

The story however, doesn’t quite work unfortunately:

See, the number of Makuta who took Miserix’s side is known: 5 And all of those are already part of the project. So you’ll have to think up something else.

As to the mask power, I think @Rac’s Makuta Uloki wears a Kanohi whichs power comes close (looking a few seconds into the future)

It also seems a little overpowered.
So I think either you make it the same mask Uloki is wearing (using your name, because I like it better :wink: ) or change the mask into “Ictia, Great Mask of Possibilities” which I feel would work quite well with Mazla’s backstory.

(from BS01):

The Mask of Possibilities is a Kanohi that allows its user to alter the probability of a situation. The mask can be used to increase the chance of a certain event happening, or lessen the likelihood of something occurring.

Anyways, I really like the MOC, but the story needs to be redone.

Maybe not quite so Makuta ish, but I like.

An interesting moc overall. I’d redesign the arms. The left arm has a gap in it. The right arm is fine on its own, but since that kind of desing causes the arms to stick back slightly, it doesn’t match well if the other arm.

As if that’s not overpowered.

3 Likes

Pretty interesting. I can’t say I like it so much as a Makuta, but I think it does work. Nice colors. Do you have more purple pieces that can be used?

1 Like

I don’t have any more purple parts, honestly.

As for the story stuff, I’ll fix that, thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

@ToaSonus

Somewhat.
I think it’s not as overpowered as a mask with which you can look into the future. After all it just increases/decreases the chances of something happening (however it does that) - that’s not a 100% will happen.
But as far as canon masks go it definitely is one of the more overpowered ones. :wink:

@Povak

Ok, now it works - and I like it. Just change these minorities:

Mask of Possibilities

influence the outcome

After that: Thanks again for participating! MOC is accepted.

1 Like

Seems quite hawk-like in structure. Nice colorscheme.

1 Like

The eyes are under the skrall armor piece, if you look closely, there’s blue pieces there. The first picture is the easiest to see them. I guess the black behind them makes it hard to notice. Perhaps I’ll change it to red.

Nice color scheme, the inclusion of the blue eye helps soften the blue pin eye glare. The upper portion of the left arm is a little gappy though.

Pretty neat!

Th only thing is that the clashing textures are kind of bothering.

The MOC is really well made, but the front could use some more purple.

Unique and well done, which in my opinion are the two most important qualities a moc can have. GG

I suggest making the eyes red or orange. I find them a bit hard to spot.