The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Can, uh…

Can MU beings even be thicc?

Is that even biologically possible?

1 Like

Well, shapeshifting is a thing. Otherwise probably not without being created that way/rebuilding themselves.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

3 Likes

Oh gosh, what a fat Makuta. He eats rahi at dinner or something?

Jokes aside, I really like how unique your MOC is. And he has a pretty impressive build, to be honest. Nice Job!

1 Like

Then the question is… Why?

Why would a Makuta purposefully make themselves more restricted in movement, when no other Makuta has done something of that nature before?

3 Likes

He’s compensating.

1 Like

He thicc

I mean what did you expect from the Daedric Prince?

2 Likes

Alright, here’s a backstory suggestion @Ahkmou

• Your Makuta outwardly always acted like a kind, understanding and nice fellow, but behind this mask actually manipulated and exploited everyone to benefit the Brotherhood and himself
  • Your Makuta sided with Teridax at the Convocation
  • Your Makuta was assigned to the island of Kurai. On Kurai, he for a long time exploited the local resources by manipulating the natives, then, after eventually they started seeing through his true intents, your Makuta called the Visorak horde to clean up after him and left the island.
  • This process of exploiting the region nearly to exhaustion, then leaving, he repeated several times in different regions
  • Some time after the Great Cataclysm, rumors of riches to be found there led your Makuta south, beyond the border of what was considered the known universe. It is uncertain what exactly happened to him there - maybe he made a mistake or maybe the inhabitants of these regions couldn’t be manipulated as easily. Fact is, he never returned, and Teridax later found out that your Makuta’s Protosteel armor had been converted into tools by the natives of the south.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

McDonald’s, Makuta of Fast food

All jokes aside, he’s too chunky and the colours look odd

1 Like

Mckuta

Looks kinda…Fat. It’s really weird

3 Likes

@StudentScissors

Alright, here’s an idea for Barrion’s backstory:

• Barrion always valued loyalty and honour
  • he fought in the battle against the League of Six Kingdoms
  • he was assigned to the island of Tevan
  • at the Convocation he was faced with the dilemma of staying loyal to Miserix and Mata Nui, or staying loyal to the Brotherhood of Makuta and honouring the opinion of most of his brethren. Since he could see that Miserix was losing the vote and could guess at what awaited those Teridax saw as his enemies, he eventually joined Teridax’s side.
  • On Tevan Barrion started influencing the culture of the inhabitants, promoting honor and loyalty and more and more becoming a kind of judge to the locals
  • After the Makuta had banished their inner light, Barrion’s understanding of honour and loyalty eventually became twisted, with him eventually openly making a grab for power and having any who protested brutally executed as traitors, often even performing the executions himself for the enjoyment. The executions of many clan leaders led to political instability, however, and soon wars broke out on Tevan, resulting in Barrion leaving the island to look for a people that was worthy of being ruled by him.
  • not finding anything to his satisfaction, Barrion eventually called for the Visorak Horde to pacify Tevan. Following that he established an unsteady rule which constantly had to deal with local rebellions which became even worse after the Great Cataclysm. While he successfully managed to hold the island against a Dark Hunter army later, it weakened his troops too much to be able to resist the next revolt. Still bound by honor and loyalty to the Brotherhood, Barrion refused to give up, however, even after his forces had been wiped out. He died on the battlefield.

I guess death in battle isn’t terribly original either, but I feel like it’s at least something that’s readily acceptable.

(By the way the stuff about what’s going on on Tevan has a basis in canon/RSG lore)

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

Are we really waiting on just one more MOC before we have a full set of 100 Makuta?

2 Likes

Indeed we do!

Finally, about three and half years after start of this project.

@Ahkmou, @StudentScissors are those backstory suggestions fine? We can discuss these further if there’s a need for it.

Rules and list in post 1

4 Likes

If that MOC doesn’t work out, I’ll be waiting

:gregf:

1 Like

@Gilahu, what are you planning on doing next after this project is completed?

As I said, more information when all entries are done :wink:

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

Yeah I’m cool with that backstory

1 Like

Great! Then make a text out of it and add it to Barrion’s entry.

Rules and list in post 1

4 Likes

Sounds great

2 Likes

So… Considering that those two backstories are done, when will the project be officially over?

Once all entries have been posted and accepted. Meaning once @Ahkmou’s entry is up and accepted.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like