The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

@kanohippy

You mean that about Suurat? Sure, that’s why I posted it here :wink: You might want to look at post 120 for the proper look of the text, though. And make up a mask for Suurat. You can also add passages for his equipment and powers, if you want.
Just give reference to me for the story. :wink:

2 Likes

New list in post 370

3 Likes

You forgot Antroz! :laughing:

I’ll be making another male Makuta named “Durantaz.” He’ll likely be a little smaller than Hormahk.

@Lord_Tuma

Oopsie … I guess I was too focused on the missing Chirox and Vamprah there :sweat_smile: I’ll fix that, of course. Thanks for noticing!

@pizzacheetah

Ok. I’ll put you on the list.

2 Likes

I might need help with a story for my Makuta. Just cant think one up. I also updated him more, so would you like to see that? (still pretty simple, but adds some more bulk, and a better placement of the wings)

@Sushiyoda

Update him as much as you think makes him look better. I’m perhaps planning something special for when this project is finished … he should look as perfect as possible by then …

About a story … perhaps I can think up a few things in the next days, when you want my help. Of course others can help, too :wink:

2 Likes

Oh ok I thought that posted. I’ll get that up at some point

k, thanks. Having so little pieces to work with is really hard, that I might have to spray paint some. :confused:

I am so sorr, Vamprah is still ready, I just need to figure out a way to photograph it.

I will try something, but they will probably be a fair bit smaller…

1 Like

I have a male Makuta I would like to contribute

@ToaTeramur

If he fits into the guidelines, sure!

@Sushiyoda

Ok, I think I have an idea for Xirok’s backstory, if you want to hear it:

Xirok was the general of the south-eastern forces of the Brotherhood of Makuta. He had the supreme command over the campaigns against Carapar’s realm during the war with the league of six kingdoms and also was present at the final battle against the united forces of the Barraki as commander of the left flank.
After the war he took care of occasional threats to the south-east or aided other Makuta in their assigned regions by commiting troops or giving advise.
Even though he didn’t command the biggest army of the Brotherhood, nor that he was stationed in one of the more important regions, he was respected as a clear thinking tactician and able general by his brethren.
When Teridax summoned every member of the Brotherhood to Destral, to declare his plan, Xirok sided with him, because he didn’t see any better choice and the plan didn’t necessarily conflict with his job: He would still have the south-east to keep safe, Great Spirit or not.
For many centuries he was kept busy, until he noticed some strange activities around the island of Daxia. It had always seemed to him, that there were too many ships in the waters around that place so far away from the truly important regions of the universe. Now, though, the activity seemed to have even doubled.
He dispatched Visorak scouts, that didn’t return.
He dispatched Rahkshi scouts, that didn’t return.
Finally, he decided to take a look himself, as whatever could kill halve a dozen Rahkshi which were operating on orders, could be quite a danger. With a squad of Rahkshi and some Visorak he landed on Daxia. Shortly after that, every contact to him and his troop broke off. None of them was ever seen again.

And for everyone who missed it: post 322 shows an updated list

1 Like

I like it. I dont have the time right now, but when I do, I’ll edit my topic. Also, is his region now the south eastern islands?

Edit: Im going to make a new topic for him.

Here’s the new topic with some new photos, edits, and the bio you made for him:
https://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/the-brotherhood-of-makuta-makuta-xirok-2-0-not-much-of-a-2-0-but-just-needed-a-new-topic/18149

So, as my help in in making up backstories for Makuta seems to be appreciated by some of you, here are two more. Again, you are allowed to use them, as long as you give reference. However, if you wish to, let me know, to prevent using the same story more than once.

Be prepared for a massive text wall.

Name: Chasnon
Assigned region: none
Kanohi: ?

Like all Makuta, Chasnon was created by Mata Nui from a pool of Antidermis somewhere on the southern islands and joined the Brotherhood of Makuta. He created some minor Rahi at the beginning, but soon was tasked by Miserix to travel the Matoran Universe, report problems and recruit promising individuals. The later Dark Hunter code-named Seeker and Takadox were two of those, he managed to win for the ranks of the Brotherhood. It was also him, who first noticed the outbreak of the Matoran Civil War in Metru Nui.
When Miserix assigned regions to Makuta, after Teridax ended the civil war, Chasnon‘s job was shortened to solely recruiting, which didn‘t suit with him very well, as he didn‘t like the job overmuch. He was good at it, since he could be very persuasive and had a good intuition about the nature of others, but he had always wanted to be a general or at least a captain in the army of the Brotherhood.
When Teridax declared his Plan, Chasnon joined him, after he saw, that the majority of the Brotherhood stood behind Teridax, fearing what might become of him, if he chose to vote for Miserix. But he also saw a chance to finally get a new assignment.
Indeed Teridax eventually provided him with a new job, although Chasnon hated that one even more. After the Makuta‘s Antidermis became gaseous again and someone found out, how easy it now was for them to create Kraata and thus Rahkshi, Chasnon
was instructed to create an army for the Brotherhood. However, he wasn‘t going to be commanding that army.
Again though, Chasnon subordinated himself and went to work. He kept at it for several thousand years, until the Toa Hagah rebelled against their master and stole the Avohkii and the Makoki Stone from Destral.
Seeing it as a simple matter of time until everyone would notice that the Brotherhood had strayed from its original purpose, Teridax decided to speed things up a little. The virus with which the Great Spirit could be cast into slumber was ready since a few centurys, but the application of it would have to be taken special care of.
Teridax didn’t know where specificly to apply the virus, but that it had to be used somewhere inside the more hidden, vital parts of the Great Spirit Robot. As there was no way to say what might happen to whoever travelled there, Teridax decided to send some minor Makuta, that was expendable. He chose Chasnon. Thus Chasnon was given the virus andhis thoughts were telephatically linked to Teridax’, so that the leader of the Brotherhood could be constantly aware, how things stood and would be able to give orders at any time, for example, when, where and how exactly to apply the virus.
Chasnon again wasn‘t too thrilled about his assignment, but knew, that he didn‘t have a choice. But perhaps, if he successfully carried this mission out, he would
finally get a reward to his liking. And after all, the depths of the Great Spirit Robot weren‘t necessarily dangerous, although no one – not even Mutran – knew exactly, what awaited there. After decades of searching, Chasnon finally found an entryway to the usally unaccessible parts of the Great Spirit Robot and eventually reached a “nerve cluster”, where Teridax was sure, the virus could be applied properly. Chasnon was instructed to wait there for his signal. When Teridax took over the identity of Turaga Dume in Metru Nui and proceeded in eliminating the Toa of the city, he finally gave the signal and Chasnon inserted the virus into Mata Nui‘s system. Then again Chesnon was ordered to wait and keep track of potential problems.
He was still there, when the Great Cataclysm happened. The shock of the impact of the Great Spirit Robot on Aqua Magna sent him crashing into an energy field close by, that heavily damaged his armor. With no way of fixing it, his Antidermis leaked out and eventually dispersed, which killed him.

I know that this one is perhaps somewhat tough to see as “canon”, but here are a few points to depict my way of thinking:

• It is said, that Teridax used the virus on Mata Nui, but not how. I think it is “legal”, if he used someone to apply it.
  • It also isn’t clear where the virus was applied, but I think that it had to be in an inner system of the Great Spirit Robot. And not necessarily the “brain” under Metru Nui. Because I’m not sure that Teridax actually knew about it at that time - after all he didn’t plan to possess Mata Nui’s body at first.
  • I think it is said, that the virus was applied 300 years before the Great Cataclysm, but I feel like this is too long a time to take the virus. And in the second movie “Legends of Metru Nui” there is that scene where Dume/Teridax talks to … himself I guess? That scene with the shadow wall that moves like some kind of sun dial. I think that it depicted the time left for Mata Nui, until he would fall into deep slumber. This sun dial was just half the way around, if I remember correctly, in that scene. Given the time the movie covers, it had to move much faster than once around in 300 years.
    So the point is, that I think it more likely that Teridax started the “poisoning” of Mata Nui 300 years ago, but the actual application of the virus took place much later, when he already was impersonating Turaga Dume and sure he could take over Metru Nui easily.
  • Ok, this one has not really anything to do with the story above, but I want to mention it anyway. Perhaps someone somewhere already has said the same, but …
    I think the virus wasn’t originally meant to kill Mata Nui. It was rather the abandoning of Metru Nui by the Matoran and thus the ceasing of their work, that slowly killed him. Along with Metru Nui’s damaging through the Great Cataclysm. I mean, the last time, work ceased while the Matoran civil war was raging, Jovan’s team had to use the Ignika too, didn’t they?

Name: Ornek
Assigned region: none
Kanohi: ?

Created by Mata Nui from a pool of Antidermis somewhere on the souther islands, Ornek formed the Brotherhood of Makuta along with his fellow Makuta. He started with creating Rahi, but didn‘t find this task quite to his liking. Instead he practiced his combat abilities and studied tactics later on.
In the final battle against the league of six kingdoms he commanded a unit of 1000 Toa and led them to a crushing victory against Kalmah‘s forces.
Following this Miserix elevated him to third in command of the Brotherhood‘s forces (after himself and Teridax) and the supreme commander of the forces in the northern Matoran Universe after Teridax ended the civil war in Metru Nui and other Makuta were assigned to regions. Ornek‘s task was to deploy forces where needed and to take care, that the army was ready at every moment to defend the rule of the Great Spirit.
After Gorast had conquered the Visorak, the spiders were organized into a horde and integrated into the Brotherhood‘s army by Ornek.
When Teridax declared his Plan, Ornek immediately joined him, hungry for more conquests. He lent part of the army to Spiriah, who wanted some Visorak to watch the Skakdi and later to Kojol, so he could sack Artakha and steal the mask of Light.
However, in both cases nearly all the troops were killed or destroyed.
As Spiriah had gone rogue and was nowhere to be found, Ornek just had Kojol to blame for the “unnecessary losses and bad leadership“ He told him so when he met with him, but Kojol didn‘t seem too impressed. After all he had achieved his goal and stolen the Avohkii. What did some Visorak, Rahkshi and Exo-Toa matter? Enraged, Ornek left the room, his thoughts already circling around how to replace the lost troops, not noticing the trap, until it was too late.
Ornek liked to collect exotic weapons and to display them all around his fortress. And thus it came, that he found himself suddenly skewered by a Devastator, that was meant for Kojol in revenge for the raid on Artakha. And it triggered.
After Ornek‘s death, the northern army was divided up. The Visorak horde was placed under the command of Sidorak by Teridax himself.

Please tell me, what you think!

5 Likes

@Bionicdeadpool

I don’t even know if you’re still active on the boards, but this is important:

You will approximately just be able to change the issues with your MOC until somewhen in early March (because you just can edit a post for two months or so)

So if you don’t correct the issues until, say, the 15th March, I fear, I’ll have to reject your MOC.

The updated list can still be viewed in post 322

1 Like

Do the mocs have a deadline for entry?

I believe as long as you get it in before the quota of 100 is hit, you’re good.

@Kadrax

Like @Hawkflight said. There definately won’t be a deadline until we’re running out of Makuta.

Wanna join?

Sure! I’d love too but I have a lot of work right now with school and I’d have to finish my current moc but yeah sure.

@Kardax

Then I’ll put you on the list for a male Makuta?