The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

I’m gonna have to quit. Sorry. (Everybody reads my posts in an edgy tone apparently. No.)

2 Likes

…Hm, wanted to cram all information into the first post, but apparently you can’t put more than 32,000 characters into a single post (I wasn’t even finished and had over 41,000…)
Still managed to make it a little tidier with my newly obtained knowledge of the menu bar :wink: Didn’t change anything, though.

Ok, what I actually wanted to do here was try out a poll - if I can keep the speed up and can keep counting on the great help of @Willess12, I should manage to have half of the Book of the Brotherhood entries finished somewhen in February. Which means I’m gonna show you… two of them. Still not gonna spoil anything, though, so only my Makuta and canon ones :wink:

Still, you can vote which ones you want to see of these:

• Anjan
  • Gorast
  • Icarax
  • Jarnat
  • Jsasax (Makuta of Stelt)
  • Kindrix
  • Krika
  • Miserix
  • Kojol
  • Mutran

0 voters

Rules and list in post 1
There are again Makuta to be assigned

3 Likes

Having see many of them already, it seemed odd for me to vote here… but I figure I might as well, just based on which ones I thought had the most interesting stories.

~W12~

3 Likes

Arms!

I still have to figure out what to do with the waste and how to fill in the gaps in the torso. Besides that, however, he’s practically finished aside from some color changes (the purple throwbot hand is a placeholder). Any thoughts?

4 Likes

@darkbrick999

Especially the upper arms seem to work quite well. Lower arms are a little simple but ok. The upper legs still look a littel too colourful, though. Also not sure about those L-shaped liftarms behind the knees. The front of the feet also is a littel odd looking, but especially that connection of the legs to the feet seems really weird as it sticks out so much.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

There’s not much I can do about the lift arms and the foot connection, as both of those are necessary if you don’t want him to collapse. The upper legs will be recolored.

Have you tried using those piston things used in the titan sets to make them more stabilized?

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

Truth be told, I only ever had one set with those (Von Nebula), and I’m not sure where they are. If I find them, though, I’ll see what I can do.

I’d like to participate; may I have an unassigned spot, @Gilahu?

Ok, I’ll put you on the list for a non-canon male Makuta.

Glad to have you aboard!

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

if i can i would like to help if that is possible by building one of the last 4 male makuta :relaxed:

1 Like

Sure, I’ll put you on the list. Make sure to read the rules and stuff.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

thank you i will start right away

sorry to bother you but witch makuta shall i be revamping

2 Likes

None. You are supposed to come up with a new one. :wink:

Rules and list in post 1

3 Likes

right i will begin the work on it

I would really like to help, but I unfortunately have some limiting factors:

A) I’m not a big time mocist

B) I’m and even smaller time titan mocist

C) I don’t know a whole lot about canon of G1

D) Aside from Stars, I have four G1 sets, none of which are titans

E) The few sets I do have I’d rather keep in good quality.

F) Everything else is CCBS. Now, I think it’d be better if I could use the remade version of old pieces, but not the shells or the skeleton. So Glatorian hands, older hands, Hordika necks, etc. A mask is going to be hard to find, unless it can be like Skrall’s or Ehlek’s or Skull Basher’s

So aside from those things, I was wondering the process to enter these. If my case does not fit the requirements, I’m completely fine with that.

CCBS is not a problem, it’s just that G1 would be better in my opinion. But you can totally only use CCBS.

Looking at your “Venukia the Mad Doctor” MOC I’d say you would be up to the task. Aim for some cleaner textures and a better colour scheme but the same level of complexity and this should be fine.

It only has to look remotely masklike - so the likes of Skrall masks or an Ehlek head are totally acceptable. You can even use Hero Factory helmets as far as I’m concerned - sometimes they work quite well as @Gringat demonstrated on his Gorast MOC:

You can also always go for a custom head. In fact, using the head of your Venukia MOC might work quite nicely.

So shall I put you on the list?

Rules and list in post 1

4 Likes

Thanks so much! Yes! I’m not sure howong it will take though.

Somewhen soon would be nice, within the year good - but definitely take all the time you need to make your entry as perfect as possible.

Gonna put you on the list for a non-canon male Makuta then.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

Okay, so I quickly designed a mask for my Makuta rather than doing Pre-Calc, how does it look? Is it too big? Does it look like something someone else has? The back is a little bare, so I’m considering adding something to it.

3 Likes