The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

No, I should prove I have content first before I do that.

1 Like

Time for the monthly reminders: As usual, everyone mentioned please give this post a like to signal me you’re still active. Otherwise you’ll be removed from the list in a month.

@Ahkmou, @Ace, @Wolk, @Styrofoam, @meepinater, @Condraxis

@Kalmah_Ren - you have two weeks left to get your MOC finished and uploaded.

Rules and list in post 1

There is 1 Makuta to be assigned again

7 Likes

You can go ahead and take me out. I’m kinda busy now that school has started.

1 Like

Alright, will do.

Rules and list in post 1

There are 2 Makuta to be assigned again

2 Likes

@Gilahu It’s done.
Brotherhood of Makuta: Makuta Izimyd

1 Like

It was some time, can I get the spot…?

Alright, I’ll put you on the list again.

Rules and list in post 1

Here’s a question, what would be a good job for my makuta?

I can’t really think of any special job at the moment, but how’s this instead:

Your Makuta was a Rahi creator, but also an art collector (we have a weapon and an artifact collector already - but not art as in basically useless, but aesthetically pleasing stuff). He’d be assigned to some region (pick one of the as to yet unassigned ones - Sayal would probably work best) and basically built himself an art collection there.
While the Great Cataclysm brought quite some destruction to your Makuta’s collection, he did use the abandoning of Metru Nui to his advantage and moved several statues and the like from Ga- and Po-Metru as well as various things from the Archives to his island.
Times being unrestful, however, your Makuta eventually saw his collection endangered, and to protect it temporarily from a Dark Hunter operation/ some revolt that seemed to come his way, decided to seal it in a Stasis field. He misjudged the extend of the field, however, and ended up with part of his body stuck in it, the field shearing through his armor. Over time the Statsis field - as planned - slowly grew smaller, thus bit by bit unleashing your Makuta’s Antidermis - killing him eventually.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

I like it, thanks

1 Like

My Makuta is finished, I want to take pictures later today and I need to come up with a name and backstory to him as long as this one gets approved.

1 Like

Okay, so due to lack of time and pieces, I have to give my spot up

Sorry, @Gilahu

1 Like

@Kalmah_Ren

Do you need help with that?

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

Totally! I’m thinking about using the name Quallix (Idk if that sounds good at all :joy:)

Personally not a fan of that, to be honest. I’d also prefer a name that doesn’t end with an x.

I’ll see if I can think of a backstory… might take a day or two, though.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

@Kalmah_Ren

Alright, I think I figured something out regarding a backstory for your Makuta:

Your Makuta was the master of Destral’s Rahi stables and thus directly overseeing the distribution of Rahi throughout the universe. It also was his job to make sure any personal Rahi projects of Makuta were taken care of.
All in all your Makuta did his job well, but he also was greedy and had a weakness for gambling which led to him often visiting Stelt. If someone in the Matoran Universe with enough money wanted a certain kind of Rahi (within limits) your Makuta was happy to provide them with one or more specimens. He tried to keep this secret from his brethren, but at least the higher ups had a rough idea of what he was doing - but didn’t care as long as he knew where to stop.

One fateful night in one of Stelt’s gambling dens your Makuta met a trader who showed him a valuable artifact and offered to trade it for some samples of the viruses the Makuta use. Your Makuta initially refused, since that was certainly illegal by Brotherhood guidelines, but when the merchant added a big sum on top of the artifact and suggested a bet - the artifact and his money against a small chest of Makuta viruses - your Makuta couldn’t resist.
Long story short - he lost the bet and had to give the viruses to the merchant. Your Makuta knew that Teridax would be far from happy about this incident, though, and thus decided to get the viruses back before Teridax learned about it.
While in the end he did manage to retrieve the viruses, his non too subtle methods resulted in a small massacre, though, news of which of course reached Teridax. The Brotherhood’s leader indeed was furious at your Makuta, first for being so dumb as to give viruses away, and second for causing such a large fuss when the Brotherhood was yet supposed to look benevolent.

As a punishment your Makuta was sent south, into the unexplored regions of the universe, to explore them. He never returned, however, and Teridax later discovered his remains, confirming his death.

I’ll give you until Sunday to upload your Makuta.

Rules and list in post 1

5 Likes

I might make one

@Kalmah_Ren

Since you failed to upload your entry I’ll remove you from the list. You can still upload your entry and it will be accepted if there are still free spots left at the time when you do so.

Anyone who wants can use the backstory idea I posted.

@MistikaFan

Yes or no? Have you read the rules already?

Rules and list in post 1

There are 3 Makuta to be assigned again

Ok ok ok, talk about last minute :joy: Sorry @Gilahu I am a full time procrastinator. In my defense tho it took some time to edit the pictures. Don’t know if they look good but here they are. I love the backstory, I think it fits my build.

Still trying to come up with a name. I’ll edit this later if I decide on one.

9 Likes

I have a little progress on my entry as of today; yesterday I finally finished enough of my new moccing desk to put parts on the surface.

tried to give him a unique colour scheme, looks better in person than in these pictures (badly posed), and Ispeaking of the pictures I don’t know why they’re so horribly distorted. Hit me with the critique (If you even can based off the horrible pics( I;ll upload some more tomorrow)); moccing has never been my strong suit so let me know. Most of it is, of course, still a work-in-progress, with only perhaps the thighs being complete enough to satisfy me entirely.

I also hope his size is okay; he’s about the size of an Inika.

6 Likes