The Builder of the Toa Canisters

When the future Toa Inika were trapped in the dark, twisted realm of Karzahni, they encountered an ancient, insane Av-Matoran, who revealed himself to be one of the builders of the legendary Toa Canisters.

Unfortunately, this craftsman was driven insane by the monstrous Tren Krom (don’t you love the layered lore), and as a result, this quirky Matoran doesn’t remember his own name. He does, however, have a twisted leg, and I always pictured him as almost entirely grey. As an Av-Matoran, I also gave him neon-green eyes, and a slightly larger build. I also used a Bohrok rubber band holder on his arm, just for fun.

This build is part of a collaborative project hosted by the excellent @Fritzkrieg on Instagram using the hashtag #voyanuirebuilt

Enjoy, and check out the other awesome builds done for this collab!

If you are interested, here is a link to the Karzahni MOC shown below: Karzahni Ebon Titan of Madness

16 Likes

ah neat, another matoran is always great to see, and this looks really good!
nice job!

5 Likes

@Rhyla416 Thank you! It was nice to do a simple little build.

4 Likes

Love the twisted asymmetrical build

4 Likes

@D-E_GOISIS Thank you! I thought it for his damaged character well, without it appearing too randomly assorted in terms of design.

3 Likes

This is great! It’s impressive that you managed the subtle torso details (the tube looks like the Matoran abs from the Miramax movies) while keeping it very consistent with official Matoran builds. The Karzahni is fantastic too!

3 Likes

@ToaZaz Thank you very much! The little tube I added was one of my favorite details, and I’m glad you like it. That Karzahni is among my bets work, I think, and I like getting the chance to show him off now and again.

3 Likes