The Chosen Few (BIONICLE Canon contest #3: Honor Guard)

My Entry to the Toa Hagah Canon contest. Seems only fitting my first post is related to one of these, seeing as I made my account to vote in the last one.

My designs for the Hagah were based on trying to make sets that could have feasibly been released in 2005, alongside Norik and Iruini, which meant not using any parts or Colors released since then, keeping the build simple, and using custom parts for only the masks. I personally feel they match well, but of course I would, I made them.

Instead of the required 1 breakdown image, I decided, for whatever ill-informed reason, to make full manuals, hence the post being so late.

This applies to all 4:
I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes, but only if it would Prevent overlap.

I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes, but only to even the team’s colors (I.E. if two winning Hagah wear gold, and my Pouks also wins, his armor may be made silver)

I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes, but only if it would Prevent overlap.

Bomonga

Bomonga was designed to reflect Earth Toa of old, specifically Onua Mata and Nuva, with their hunched backs. His specific method of achieving this outcome was lifted from a Metru-Build Matoro I made last month. His Mask and shoulders were chosen to give him a kind of “Dwarven Craftsman” vibe.

Main Image

"Breakdown", if you could call it that.

Orthographic veiws

Gaaki

Gaaki was intended to look graceful, but with the dearth of parts I left myself, and most creative building options off the table by my design philosophy, this was the best I could manage. Truth be told, I’m much more fond of my gold Hagah than my silver. Her spear was used because it looks like a Trident.

Main Image

Breakdown.

Orthographic veiws

Kualas

With Kualas, I was definitely settling. In the design I drafted before the contest, Kualas was quite different, mainly in that he towered over Iruini by a good 3 studs, due to using the long Thighs from the Visorak and mounting his torso at its vertical extreme. He was the height of Antroz, or just about. But, he had to be shortened to fall within the rules. But I feel he came out nicely nonetheless. His mask’s appearance was also altered, because I realized the Bionicle Heroes Ignika was still the Ignika.

Main Image

Breakdown

Orthographic veiws
Pouks

Finally, we come to Pouks. Decidedly my favorite of my designs, I tried to portray him as a bit of a “Daredevil Rahi-hunter” type, to reference his Rahaga self’s focus on larger beasts. Like Kualas, he has also changed quite a bit, though by choice, not rule infringement. My oldest design for Pouks featured a fully-mechanical arm and leg, which have both been omitted on account that they didn’t look very good. he uses the Hordika chest armor and Vahki-Shin arms to give him a top-heavy, muscular appearance.

Main Image

Breakdown.

Orthographic veiws

Height Chart:

Fun fact: Bomonga’s design had to be altered last minute, due to him being too short.

Mask sources:
Bomonga’s Mask of Growth: Heroes of The Lost [MASK PACK #5] by Galva - Thingiverse

Gaaki’s Mask of Clairvoyance: Mask of Direction -VootCaboot Commission- by Galva - Thingiverse

Kualas’ Mask of Rahi Control: Karzahni's Collection by Galva - Thingiverse

Pouks’ Mask of Emulation: The Champions [MASK PACK #4] by Galva - Thingiverse

21 Likes

You’ve got some pretty cool designs here.

Bomonga’s hunch goes well with his big shoulders, and I’m liking Pouks’s asymmetry way more than I thought I would.

1 Like

Those are epic! I really like their uniqueness, yet they are close enough to all fit together. Reminds me of the Toa Mata in a way.

man I really wanted to do instructions for the breakdowns for mine too but i didnt think it could be done! very impressive.

It’s a rave at the coliseum :rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

I’m now picturing a night club where everybody is firing neon Rhotuka spinners everywhere

6 Likes

while im not super keen on the shoulder armour (as i would prefer them having shoulder armour equivalent to iruni and norik) but these are some cool desgins you have love the custom masks for poulks and bomanga

Really love Bomonga’s chest and shoulder creativity!

could i ask for those instructions covers without your hagahs in them?