The Chronicles of Fa (Revised)

Ouch, Collerak got rekt.

Yeah, considering he’s my secondary self-MOC, it was kind of hard to write. :frowning:

I know that feel! You want to make yourself some unstoppable, glorious hero, but that’s just not who we are as people.

Indeed. Oh well.

Now that we’ve seen the true side of Salis and his devious plot, what’s gonna happen next?

I don’t know, but he’s a bad dude. As a side note if you’ve read my little story thing, should I continue or no? I’ve been swamped with book work recently and now that I’m not, I don’t know if it’s worth continuing.

Well if you want to write for your spare time, I say go for it!

So, some feedback on the entire story: How’s it worked out? Is it good? Is it bad? What could use some work?

I’m no author, but I personally feel like it’s pretty good. It’s got a different perspective.

Well, I felt writing it from the eyes of a Matoran was a good idea. Often we surround ourselves in the BIONICLE story around the Toa. I felt using a weak character like a Matoran would help out. Plus he only sees his side of the story, so we don’t know what goes on for the other characters.

In Meso’s voice
Exaaaaaactly.

1 Like

Chapter 9

Darkness. That was all I saw until I had the strength to open up my eyes slowly. The light peaked through and soon enough I had a full view of everything above me. But it wasn’t where I last was. I was in a warm room on a bed, with a light-stone lamp on a shelf to my right. I tried to get up, making a few grunts, but someone gave me a shush.

“Lay back and relax. You’re in pain,” the voice said.

I sat up to get a better look at the speaker. It was Turaga Komatri!

“W-why am I here?”

“Your Makuta friend brought you here while you were unconscious. Being a Makuta, he attended your arm because he had no other choice. However, he told me you needed to rest here.”

I rubbed my left arm. It was fixed up and strong. I stuttered as I tried to tell Komatri what I needed to tell him. “T-Turaga, you must know Furtaa-”

“I know what needs to be done, Fa,” Komatri told me with a raised hand in assurance. “It is the reason I received my vision from Mata Nui months ago. It’s clear to me now. But as for yourself, lay back down and rest.”

“But I need to go now. Toa Salis is on his way-”

Once again the Turaga of Ice interrupts. “You need to relax, Fatorak. You’ve had quite the busy day. Lay down and rest. I can tell from your shaking that your aching and tired.”

I looked down at my body. I definitely was shaking. I brought my feet up once again on the bed and relaxed again. How am I tired when I just woke up from unconsciousness? I asked myself.

I closed my eyes again. It felt good to close them naturally, as my eyes were heavy. And once again I slept.

~~

“Wake up.”

Another awakening? I asked myself. How many times do I need to sleep on this journey? Furtaan shook me in order to get me up. I groaned.

“We must be quick, Fatorak. Now get up. The Toa of Ice in this region has offered to lead us through this blizzard so we have the advantage over Salis.”
I was lead out the door by Furtaan, where we met the Toa Karhi of Ice, Nuhi. He was quite a strong-looking fellow. With claws and a large sword, he looked like a force not to be reckoned with.

“Greetings, Toa of Ice,” Furtaan said.

“Keep your greetings to yourself,” the Toa of Ice replied. “I’m doing this because Komatri told me to do so. I should be guarding the villages here, but apparently I have to help you with this stupid mission.”

I need to mention that Nuhi isn’t like most Toa of Ice. While he’s an introvert like most, he also is a bit selfish and rude. It’s part of his personality. But regardless, he’s a fearless warrior who knows what he’s doing, which is what Ko-Karhi needs.

“Well, if that’s how you feel, then let’s get on with this.” Furtaan let Nuhi go ahead of us as we walked through the village of Gruku-Wahi. I don’t know much about who Gruku was, but I think if you asked a Ko-Matoran they could tell you all about it. And I mean literally all of it.

Leaving the village we went up the slopes of the mountains in Ko-Karhi. Within minutes, a dreadful snow storm blew through. Nuhi however could only focus so much on it as we all shielded our eyes and kept walking. The wind was powerful, and more than a few times Furtaan had to grab me before I was swept away by the wind. It was worse than that sandstorm we went through.

We traveled about a mile an hour, so we didn’t get too far before we had to settle down and take a break. During this time, Nuhi finally got the concentration to stop the blizzard so we could see better.

I shuddered with my arm crossed while I curled up a bit in the snow. It was too cold for me. I had only gone into these mountains once in my life, and that was when Komatri was showing me the Hall of Centuries for the first time. However, that was months ago, so the temperature had changed severely.

“Quit your whimpering,” Nuhi said out of annoyance. “We’ll be there soon enough.”

“Soon enough isn’t an absolute,” Furtaan pointed out. “We need to get there faster. I gave Salis a good beating back in Le-Karhi, but he’s known to recover fast. No doubt that he needs to follow our footsteps.”

“Up in these mountains, there are no footsteps,” Nuhi declared. “The travels of many are wiped away by the wind and the snow. In truth, history isn’t recorded here. It’s forgotten.”

I shuddered some more at that thought. I love history. But as Nuhi said, the mountains are a place where history is forgotten. A place where past events are forgotten is a terrifying thought.

As we ventured forward, soon we were stopped by Nuhi. Furtaan looked over Nuhi’s shoulder. “What is it? Why are we stopping?”

“Look ahead. It’s a group of Te-Tes, the island’s natives. It’s better we don’t disturb them. They’re not very important anyways.”

“All life is important, Nuhi,” I interjected.

“Te-Te’s are generally worthless, though,” he replied. “All they do is live life. They don’t work. Therefore they’re useless, since they have no meaning. Now let’s wait for them to pass by. We don’t need to disturb them.”

As the group of Te-Tes passed through the slope that was ahead of us, I got a good look at them. Tagah told me that he was the one who created them. In fact, he said he was the only Makuta who could replicate intelligent life. However, they’re not as intelligent as Makuta or Matoran. Therefore they are primitive, hunting in packs and making small huts with limited technology. It’s quite an interesting thing to see them hunt and eat. It’s foreign to us Matoran.

Just then, however, as the Te-Tes left, a group of Raptshi followed them. These carnivorous animals resemble Rahkshi but also had lizard-like characteristics. Furtaan observed them as well and recognized them as Tagah’s creation. “Tagah never was much of a designer. He had ideas, but designs never came through.”

The Te-Tes turned around to see the Raptshi coming after them. They started yelling in their language and charged toward the creatures with their spears. It became pretty brutal, to the point where Nuhi told us that we needed to take another way.

Still, such nature was beautiful to look at.

1 Like

Very calm chapter, gives lots of insight to more characters and creatures.

Felt like we needed some calm in the storm.

He he he. Yeah. That wasn’t as funny as I wanted it to be.

Chapter 10

We continued on through the mountains, facing storm after storm. My previous trip to the Hall of Centuries was much faster, because we didn’t have to deal with the storms. But again, that was months ago.

I noticed as we were taking a break Furtaan didn’t stop moving his body. He paced back in forth, jumped, did some push-ups. It was a grotesque habit he began to develop as he faced the coldness of the mountains.

I finally spoke up about it. “What are you doing?”

“Keeping warm,” he replied as he began pacing again.

“Why? You’re made of antidermis.”

“That’s the point,” Furtaan said. “I need to keep my antidermis active and moving, allowing it to be warm. If I don’t, it freezes in this cold temperature, and I don’t need that.”

“Exercise all you want, Makuta,” Nuhi said, “but you won’t get any breaks after this.”

“We’re close to the Hall of Chronicles anyways, Nuhi. He doesn’t need a break.”

Me and Nuhi sat still as we took our small break. Nuhi was used to the cold, but I shivered from the cold. We had a splendid view, however. Over the mountains, you could see the forest that made up Le-Karhi, but columns of smoke rose from the forest. You could also see Mount Viluu, which contained Ta-Karhi.

We waited for another minute, and then Nuhi told me to get up. “Alright, we took our break. Now lead the way, Fatorak.”

“With pleasure,” I replied.

Near the Hall of Centuries was a small path in the mountains, with a bridge that hung over a cliff. As we got to the bridge, I became a little nervous about it. It looked worn out and rickety. I looked back to Nuhi as I gulped, but all he was doing was adjusting his scope. I used my fingers to snap in order to get his attention.

“Nuhi, this bridge looks too dangerous. Is there any way you can fix it with ice or something.”

Nuhi looked at the bridge, and his scope moved in and turned clockwise. “No use to fixing it. It’s way too broken. I’ll make a new bridge.”

Nuhi lowered his sword down to the ground and focused. His body began to glow with a white essence, and ice began to grow from our side of the cliff to the next. Then it flattened out and grew railings. After he was finished, Nuhi rose up and looked behind us into the slopes, adjusting his scope once more.

“Go,” Nuhi said. “I have a feeling we’re being followed.”

“What?” Furtaan asked out of shock.

“How about we keep our exasperation for later. We need to go now.” Nuhi pushed me to go on the bridge, and I hurried across. It surprisingly wasn’t slippery. Once I got to the other side, I saw the wall of the mountain which Komatri had shown me long ago. It glistened as it reflected the sun, and the surface of the wall was as polished as glass, yet it was speckled with flakes of snow.

Furtaan and Nuhi made it across and looked at the wall. Nuhi began to examine it.

“This is the Hall of Centuries? Looks like a wall.”

“Look can be deceiving,” Furtaan replied, looking at Nuhi with a hint of disgust. I didn’t understand why he was looking at him like that, but I didn’t have time to wonder what was going on. We needed to get the mask. Now.

“Behind the wall is the Hall of Centuries,” I explained. “We’ll need Nuhi to open the wall with his powers.”

Nuhi pushed forward between me and Furtaan and placed his sword on the wall. He focused again, and soon the wall began to deteriorate. Soon, as the wall peeled away, I could see the Hall of Centuries in all of it’s glory.

Furtaan’s eyes opened wide, and pushed past me to look at some of the artifacts.

“Where… Where did he get all of these?” Furtaan asked. Furtaan laid his hands on the Staff of Fusion. “This is an artifact that Teridax has been looking for after it was stolen from him. Why is it here?”

“Beats me,” Nuhi said.

I thought about what Nuhi had said. It reminded me of something about Komatri. He was a Toa who had memorabilia, yes, but he seemed vague about something. He never told me much of his past besides joining the Toa Karhi. Was he hiding something? Then it began to make sense. He collected artifacts, including that staff. Was he the one who found the Kanohi Karhi and brought it here to the island? It would explain why he has patches of yellow armor…

“Where’s the Kanohi Karhi?” Furtaan asked, interrupting my train of thought.

“Oh, I’ll need to show you that,” I replied. I walked over to the wall at the end of the dark hallway, and pressed a button that was hidden in between some of the ice. Suddenly, a hole in the ground opened up and revealed a staircase. “It’s down here. Come here.”

Me, Furtaan, and Nuhi traveled down the staircase. It wrapped around a big, circular pillar which served as a wall. It was lit with some lightstones, until the very bottom, where lava lit the opening to the cave.

Furtaan’s eyes opened once more when he was the Mask of Power. It was a gold-colored mask, with some similarities to a Hau. It had the lowered eyebrow-like look and the gaping hole where the mouth would be. A golden ridge went around the eyebrows and in the middle jutted upward, circling around a ovular hole which was sat above the brows. But all of the small holes in the mask were filled with light, and it hovered over the lava in a bubble as it glistened from the light that shone beneath it.

Furtaan’s eyes stayed open, but he said nothing as his mouth gaped open. Sharply and suddenly, his arm reached out for the mask, and the astonishing Kanohi floated toward his grasping hand. The mask laid down in his hands and stopped shining. But that’s all it did.

Furtaan’s eyes lowered. “Wait, this is it? This is the Mask of Power?”

“It is,” I said in confirmation.

“But, it’s not hurting me or changing me. Why?”

The mask began to glow again, and my eyes were blinded with a white light. Through the bright light I saw all of it’s previous owners. Draxtians, Aranu, Nynrah Ghosts, Nakina, Husli… Komatri. Komatri. Why was Komatri in there? He had never told me that he came into contact with the mask. But this vision. It confirmed that he was that unknown Toa who had returned the mask. I was interrupted in thought again as the image of the mask was formed from the faces of the previous owners.

Power. Time. Gravity. Creation. Life. Matter. These things made up the universe. It all made sense now. I was being enlightened by the mask. But why?

Then the image of an avsa was created from the Mask of Power. The Avsa was blue and silver, with bright, fiery orange eyes. It made sense. It was Furtaan’s destiny to retrieve the mask, like the previous owners. But suddenly, Furtaan’s face shattered like glass, and then the vision ended.

I feel to my knees because I was still shocked from the vision. Furtaan still held the mask in his hands. “It’s my destiny, isn’t it?”
“Why do you presume that?” I asked.

“I’m not cursed from the mask, am I?”

“But Nakina was, but she was destined to come into contact,” I said.

“Then I wonder: Why me?”

I stood up and regained my footing, looking at the mask again. “Maybe it’s the will of Mata Nui?”

“That can’t be it,” Furtaan said, shaking his head. “Mata Nui didn’t want me to find the mask, I thought. It was someone else who found the mask. I was supposed to fail. But yet, now I feel accomplished. I don’t feel afraid. Actually, I feel empowered. I actually… Feel.”

Nuhi looked at both of us with his brows lowered. “Alright, we came for what we’ve been looking for, now let’s go.”

Furtaan held the mask tightly in his hands. “Wait. I came here for one reason. All of you should know this now, especially you Fatorak.”

I looked at Furtaan with an expression of interest. But Furtaan looked sorrowful.

“I can’t do this. I can’t now. I can’t destroy this mask.”

Wait, what? I wondered. “Destroy the mask? What are you talking about?”

“My original vision. It showed a pit of lava and this mask. In that vision, my hands picked up the mask and threw it into the magma we see here. The mask melted away. It was destroyed. I presumed it was my destiny, but… Now I am beginning to doubt that.”

My brows lowered, along with my head, but my eyes centered on the golden mask in Furtaan’s hands. “So you came here to destroy the mask? Furtaan, you told me you’d just take it away. You didn’t tell me you’d destroy a precious artifact. You definitely didn’t tell me that you’d come here to allow some Toa of Plasma to burn up my life’s work, burn up the forests in Le-Karhi and destroy countless homes, and allow some Toa of Plasma to not only abuse me, but also hurt my friends, the Toa.”

Furtaan sighed. “It is all my fault, isn’t it? And yet, now I know it was all in vain. I don’t want the mask anymore.”

2 Likes

Didn’t get notified when this came out. Intensity has risen!

Indeed it has. :smiley:

Finally took the time to read through all chapters, I really like where this is going.

1 Like

Just a heads up, guys. Deleted the part with Furtaan in Chapter 10 because I didn’t like how I wrote that part, so the story will take a different turn.

I wish notifications weren’t broken…
I kind of liked the part where Salis won, but this has a potentially good outcome too.

Trust me, where the writing was going, it would have been a mess. I have a much better way that goes along with the rest of the script as well.

2 Likes

I am excite!

What’s next?