The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“Well this definitely won’t sit well with my superiors”

1 Like

“If your identity is so tied to your land, it must be shaky indeed. Nothing will ever take the dragon’s identity away, no matter who rules the land. Our presence and ownership of a given land is privilege, not a right.”

Ashkey sunk back into the shadows, ignoring the others’ questions, or perhaps just not social enough to answer them.

“Not so!” Candall replied. “The land is where my ancestor, Ardal, and his kin were birthed. The blood of my birth was done upon the land. It calls to us once again when we turn to dust. It is part of us, whether we like it or not. The only time our identity shakes is when the earth rumbles.”

1 Like

Amelia listened in as he was asking the question but before she could speak Will took the wheel on this one. “That’s what Lord Bloodfang wants you to believe.” He said unto him. “Isn’t it obvious?” He asked. “Why would he want his own people to be against him? Thus he made it appear that he was treating you nicely because first of all you are his people and from what we’ve known he doesn’t want to commit genocide against his people.” He said.

Suddenly a Wizard showed up from the shadows of the tree, as he was listening on them the whole time, it was Ufeus. “I was Lord Bloodfang’s, right-handed man.” He said as he walked up the stage and looked at the dragon. “He, unfortunately, let power get the better of him. He isn’t the benevolent and wise king we all thought he was. He is corrupted and due to him having a stronger Kingdom than anyone could ever imagine it. That being said it will make him more confident…thus we cannot let him succeed. He is planning on ruling one way or another, but because most Kingdoms will not accept that. War will happen, sooner than you think…”

“Candall is correct,” Uefus said, pointing the staff at him.

“Of course, they wouldn’t be happy,” Will said unto her.

“Yes, Lord Bloodfang does value Dragopia’s prosperity so much so that is willing to go to war for it,” Ufeus said to the dragon. “There was once a Dragon Lord before Michael…he was the reason why Dragopia was hidden in the first place. But when Michael stepped to power he questioned the previous Dragon Lord’s plans and ideas, saying that it was ‘undragon’ like to hide and cower behind shadows and so…he killed him…”

1 Like

“You’re just a ray of sunshine aren’t you?”

1 Like

“Micheal has desecrated our lineage! He robs our graves, and sends the shambling corpses of our ancestors into battle! I have seen things that shatter the will and curdle the mind! He must be opposed for the collective good of all!”

1 Like

OOC: Just going to say it this, rather than quote the whole speech.

“What proof have we that you are who you say you are, the king is acting the way he is, or that you analyzation of said supposed actions are correct? What reason have we to believe any of you? I have no great love for the king, but I also have no reasons to conspire against him either. You better have some excellent reasoning for this.”

“And what reason do we have to trust you?” Reyna asks him, fingering the tip of one of her arrows. “I mean, you’re a dragon as well. Who’s to say you aren’t working for him? Sent to make sure we can’t stop him?”

“Admittedly, none. Just as i have no reason to trust any of you, but I am also not inclined to distrust you.”

“You dare to have the nerve to tell us that we are lying to you?!” Will asked, looking baffled by what seemed to him to be poor judgment.

Ufeus rose his staff to calm Will down as he looked at Clawripper. “Clawripper.” He stepped forward and walked closer to him. “Even with two eyes, a blind person can still see more than you.” He said. “But…”

Amelia saw that things were starting to escalate if she wouldn’t do anything. “Alright listen up!” She called to them. “How about we all just calm down and let Ufeus explain himself,” She said, her tone held no argument, the last thing she needed was to fight against the people she recruited.

Ufeus narrowed his eyes as he played with his beard. “Clawripper, how much do you know about Dragopia?” He asked. “Did you heard about a Wizard, called Ufeus that betrayed Lord Bloodfang?”

Siansa left her room, dressed in the armor that she kept in her rough sack. She follows the rest keeping quiet as they walked.[quote=“MichaelBT-7474, post:109, topic:50836”]
Amelia then looked back at the heroes. “Is everything clear to you? If there are any questions. Important questions. Do not hesitate to ask.” She said.
[/quote]
Siansa stays silent, any question she had was more appropriate in a trusted area then an open one.

She listens in her fist clenches a bit when she hears about the distrusts of dragons. She sighs briefly before speaking to the group,
“I should say this now before more time passes. I’m the daughter of a dragon.”

1 Like

“There are a lot of dragons here,” Candall remarks. “Sooner or later I’ll learn father Ardal will have dragon blood too! Ha!”

2 Likes

“He holds our brethern’s mind in shackles! His very presence distorts and corrupts the natural order! His evil is leeching into the collective consciousness of our societies! The world is a worse place with him in it!”

1 Like

“H-have you…slept…like…at all?”

2 Likes

“I cannot sleep, or else the folding men shall claim me.”

2 Likes

“I’m seeing more than most here. I have no reason to trust a soul here, just as you have no reason to trust me. I don’t want to mistrust you, but I also refused to be sent on fools errand, or to participate in a pointless assassination.”

“I’ve heard of such, but i dismissed the stories as little but a tall tale, meant to entertain, and little more.”

Candall crosses his arms. Despite being a man well of age, his build with his armor and great helm still gives an image of a intimidating knight. “Folding men? Cowards! They should fight you like a man, while you are awake.”

“Th-the…what. You are speaking in tongues dragon! I have nary a clue as to what you’re saying!”

Candall notices the struggle the strangely porcelain-looking lass is having. “Oh, I shall translate. I know how to speak with fauna. He is saying the ‘folding men’ will come after him if he slumbers.”

1 Like