The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

Will narrowed his eyes, Aldrich was right about one thing. That there was no honor in striking down a man that barely could stand.

He slowly sheathed his Silentedge back on its holster. “I was planning on attacking only if you wouldn’t talk.” He declares. “I’m just sick and tired of the lies.” He slams his hands on the table.

“So I’m sorry if I don’t seem too overly approaching.” He said, looking at Aldrich. “And now, how about you start answering some basic questions?” He suggested. “It shouldn’t be a problem for a man of your stature, you are a priest are you not?”

@Bramsley

Deacon… but yes” replied Aldrich, his tone softened.

“Yes, Deacon…” He nods, taking a chair and turned it back as he sat down, and rested his arms on the table.

“Now, let’s do this again.” He said. “Who are you truly?” He asked. “What is your relation with Bloodfang? Why did he call you Worm King and why do you have this strange aura even I can sense.”

@Bramsley

Firstly, my name is Aldrich as far as I can remember… As for who I am truly, i suppose I would be best described as a misanthrope… Regarding Bloodfang, A long time ago when my Homeland was being ravaged we called out to him… begged as we fell like flies, and he ignored us… As for my ‘aura’ I think you’re just paranoid… Which is understandable; tall thin man, pale skin, and covered in runes is not the epitome of a reputable looking person.

Will rose an eyebrow as he listened to Aldrich, he didn’t know if he was telling the truth or not but it was at least decent for a start.

“Your homeland, is the Forbidden Lands…?” He asked, looking at him. “If so, why did you beg Bloodfang for your help? What were you in need of?”

@Bramsley

OOC: I’ve never mentioned the forbidden lands anywhere near Will, nor have any of the other characters I have spoken to about this mentioned it… that’s a little too big a jump for Will to make.

The Great Nest was fabled for its power… Rather foolishly I believed their Ruler was Benevolent, and would be able to save with this power… as you can probably tell that wasn’t true. However, I have heard tell in my time spent travelling of a blade that can supposedly rival Bloodfang’s own…The Calibur Sword I believe it was called… Perhaps with that I can strike down Bloodfang!” His face and voice were deeply pained as he spoke, as if the mere act of discussing was physical agony to him.

1 Like

Reyna feels cold around her. She feels a crunch under her feet.
In front of her, an intense heat suddenly assaults her.

She sees a glimpse of something. Fire.

Suddenly, she feels the wind rushing around her, as the crunch speeds up. Suddenly, she stops. She hears a growling.

She feels herself draw her bow.

A hot, burning pain shoots through her side. She feels an explosion of energy release from her body.

She looks down. She sees blood in the snow. She sees rocks and stones and malformed earth all around her, and in front of her she sees a pair of paws, steam rising up from where they rest in the snow. She looks up, and staring back at her she sees-

Reyna awoke with a start, shooting up in her bed and barely holding back a scream. She takes a few ragged breaths. “A dream.” She mutters. “It…it was just a dream.”

She gets up and heads downstairs, ready to get some food.

As she passes by Fran’s room she notes an unpleasant and unusual odour

She stops. “Hey Fran?” She asks. “Are…are you okay in there?”

There was no response, only the lingering stench of iron and rotting meat.

Reyna, fearing the worst, turns the knob. “I’m coming in, okay?”

She gently opens the door…

The door jiggles somewhat but otherwise refused to move, of course she must’ve locked it the night before when she stormed off.

She was really beginning to worry now. “Fran.” She calls. “Please…please at least tell me you’re in there.”

She looks over the door, seeing how sturdy it was and how sturdy the lock holding it in place was.

The door and lock were simple, just normal wood and iron. Breaking them would be a slight undertaking and would be noisy but otherwise possible.

She thinks for a moment, then tries to kick the door in her panicked reasoning.

The kick shakes the door creating a loud noise that could be heard throughout the inn, the stalwart door however, refuses to buckle under the attack

Hearing the sound of Reyna’s panicked kicks Aldrich attempts to stand, leaning heavily on his sheathed Estoc. He only makes a few steps before falling onto the floor, with great effort he pushes himself back and limps toward the staircase, grasping onto the railing for support once within range.

Reyna was out of options. She went downstairs, pushing past anyone that might be there and went out the door and around to the side of the building, trying to find Fran’s window.

It would be near impossible to tell which window was hers, most had their curtains drawn, most were closed.

Reyna!” Aldrich calls out “What’s happening!?” concern and panic rising in his voice.