The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

As Candall shares his bed with his wife, he notices she is struggling to sleep.

“Something wrong?” he asks quietly.

“Just not usedta sleeping with someone else,” Valerie replies quietly. “Also you’re hogging up the bed.”

Candall scoots over a bit. “I’ll haveta get used to this too.”

Will had his eyes closed as his head laid against the door, breathing slowly till he heard the squeak that from the bed’s strings, it was most likely Siansa went to bed.

When his eyes opened he noticed something on the ground, in between his feet. He rose an eyebrow, it looked like a ring. He crouches down and looks at it.

His right hand reached out for it and took it. He remembered it was the ring she gave it to him, but for what reason? He inspected it, trying to figure out what it was and what it meant for her and in general.

“Why would you give me this…” He muttered to himself as he stood back up and turned around. He grasped the ring into his palm and made his way to his room.

In his room, he glanced at the mirror, his upper swordsman outfit was laying on the bed. Watching himself topless in the mirror. His muscular frame was covered with scars from fights he has been before.

The ring Siansa gave him hanged around his neck with a silver chain inside of it, that wrapped around his neck.

Will held it for a moment before letting it hang on his neck. He walks to his bed and lays down, his forearm resting against his forehead, as he glanced at the night sky from his window view, eventually he would fall asleep.

@meepinater, @Runa, @ProfSrlojohn, @Traykar, @Chronicler, @Ruh @TBT_Emerald, @Flux, @Bramsley, @Toa_Radrix

Today was a new day for the Cloudians. Despite of their embarrassing loss against Bloodfang and his undead forces. They learned to get over it because there wasn’t much they could do about it. Bloodfang showed unexpected and they considered themselves lucky the Queen was still alive, so it was, after all, a small victory but a satisfying one for the Cloudians.

Queen Cloudia was slowly recovering, as she was laying into her royal bed. Her maidens continuously helped her out with her requests but Cloudia would tell them to relax because she didn’t want to be a burden for them.

Back in the inn where our Heroes have been resting, the barkeeper opened the inn and eventually, the Sapphire Owls would come out of their rooms. They met on a table and sat down.

Amelia noticed that Will was different today when he came out he had his upper swordsman suit, which was now like a jacket, hanging around on his finger behind his back.

He was wearing a tunic black t-■■■■■ as he was sitting down with the swordsman coat hanging from behind the chair. He was rubbing his eyes and yawned a little, he slept quite late that night, he was lucky to have gotten this early up.

“Slept well?” Amelia asked, glancing at him.

Will shrugged. “I don’t know.” He looked at her, having no clue.

She nods. “I suppose we all had a long night.” She said.

“Agreed.” Leandro nods in agreement.

“Well, I don’t know about y’all…but this dwarf is hungry,” Norag said, getting off his chair. “I’ll bring us some breakfast.”

Norag would get five plates and began with taking all sorts of food to fill their stomachs with energy.

Is that fifth plate for me?” piped Aldrich, who was still sat at the same table since last night. His eyes were bleary and circled with dark rings, although he still smiled warmly at them.

Drakoniarh doesn’t seem very attracted to eat anything.

“No,” Norag said shaking his head. “It’s for my buddies.” He declares as he went back to picking food for his friends.

Will glanced at Aldrich, he had a certain glare. He stood up and walked towards him, he took his Silentedge sword out and pointed with it at him.

You…,” He said, his tone taking a turn. “How long are you going to hide from us?” He asked. “Don’t think I haven’t heard it right…why did Bloodfang call you the Worm King?”

His eyes were dead-eyeing his. “You have something personal with Bloodfang, don’t you?” He asked. “Because that look on your face, told me everything I needed to know yesterday.”

@Bramsley

“Ya should probably eat something, you’ll need all the energy you can get…” Norag said before turning around and looked at Will, accusing Aldrich of something. “Oh boy…” He sighed under his breath.

“Yes, I supppose…Though nothing seems really attractive after a loss.” He mumbled trying some of it.

I count four of you, yourself included…” he replied curtly

Aldrich’s features hardened “I don’t feel especially forthcoming about that… less so when swords are pointed at me. We all have stakes in this fight, some of us more than others, as for my Alias that’s none of your business

“You clearly can’t count.” He declares, as there were five of them. Will, Amelia, Alina, Leandro, and Norag.

“It sure is my business,” Will argues. “It doesn’t mean if we came for your help you can boss us around or keep information.” He said. “As we speak you could learn so much from us while we learn nothing about you.”

He continues to point his sword at him. “I want to know the truth, we want to know the truth. Tell us or otherwise.” He said, his expression emotionless. “Why did Bloodfang call you Worm King…?” He asked again.

“Ya should still eat,” Norag said, bringing the plates to his comrades as they watched Will.

My Apologies I didn’t sleep much…As for bossing you around I’ve done nothing of the sort. And you aren’t entirely forthcoming yourself Black Raven… besides I thought the knights of Ippotismos were honorable… and where’s the honour in attacking a man who can barely stand?

1 Like

Will narrowed his eyes, Aldrich was right about one thing. That there was no honor in striking down a man that barely could stand.

He slowly sheathed his Silentedge back on its holster. “I was planning on attacking only if you wouldn’t talk.” He declares. “I’m just sick and tired of the lies.” He slams his hands on the table.

“So I’m sorry if I don’t seem too overly approaching.” He said, looking at Aldrich. “And now, how about you start answering some basic questions?” He suggested. “It shouldn’t be a problem for a man of your stature, you are a priest are you not?”

@Bramsley

Deacon… but yes” replied Aldrich, his tone softened.

“Yes, Deacon…” He nods, taking a chair and turned it back as he sat down, and rested his arms on the table.

“Now, let’s do this again.” He said. “Who are you truly?” He asked. “What is your relation with Bloodfang? Why did he call you Worm King and why do you have this strange aura even I can sense.”

@Bramsley

Firstly, my name is Aldrich as far as I can remember… As for who I am truly, i suppose I would be best described as a misanthrope… Regarding Bloodfang, A long time ago when my Homeland was being ravaged we called out to him… begged as we fell like flies, and he ignored us… As for my ‘aura’ I think you’re just paranoid… Which is understandable; tall thin man, pale skin, and covered in runes is not the epitome of a reputable looking person.

Will rose an eyebrow as he listened to Aldrich, he didn’t know if he was telling the truth or not but it was at least decent for a start.

“Your homeland, is the Forbidden Lands…?” He asked, looking at him. “If so, why did you beg Bloodfang for your help? What were you in need of?”

@Bramsley

OOC: I’ve never mentioned the forbidden lands anywhere near Will, nor have any of the other characters I have spoken to about this mentioned it… that’s a little too big a jump for Will to make.

The Great Nest was fabled for its power… Rather foolishly I believed their Ruler was Benevolent, and would be able to save with this power… as you can probably tell that wasn’t true. However, I have heard tell in my time spent travelling of a blade that can supposedly rival Bloodfang’s own…The Calibur Sword I believe it was called… Perhaps with that I can strike down Bloodfang!” His face and voice were deeply pained as he spoke, as if the mere act of discussing was physical agony to him.

1 Like

Reyna feels cold around her. She feels a crunch under her feet.
In front of her, an intense heat suddenly assaults her.

She sees a glimpse of something. Fire.

Suddenly, she feels the wind rushing around her, as the crunch speeds up. Suddenly, she stops. She hears a growling.

She feels herself draw her bow.

A hot, burning pain shoots through her side. She feels an explosion of energy release from her body.

She looks down. She sees blood in the snow. She sees rocks and stones and malformed earth all around her, and in front of her she sees a pair of paws, steam rising up from where they rest in the snow. She looks up, and staring back at her she sees-

Reyna awoke with a start, shooting up in her bed and barely holding back a scream. She takes a few ragged breaths. “A dream.” She mutters. “It…it was just a dream.”

She gets up and heads downstairs, ready to get some food.

As she passes by Fran’s room she notes an unpleasant and unusual odour

She stops. “Hey Fran?” She asks. “Are…are you okay in there?”

There was no response, only the lingering stench of iron and rotting meat.

Reyna, fearing the worst, turns the knob. “I’m coming in, okay?”

She gently opens the door…