The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“Why? Why are you still here for me?” Her voice was no longer gasping for breath between dry sobs, her tone was blank, apathetic, and for once it was clear to see that the way the light reflected in her glass eyes wasn’t even close to that of normal eyes.

“Because, you’re here for me, you said it yourself. It’s only fair I return the favor.” Reyna said, a small chuckles escaping as she started to let go. “Besides, us amnesiacs had better stick together.”

“Because we’re your friends Fran” Clawripper said, his tone gentle, and putting a single talon on her shoulder, “and we care about you, and want you to be happy.”

She sighs and slides Clawripper’s talon off her
“I’m…I’m heading to bed, I’ve caused enough misery today.”
And with that, she stands and goes up to her lodgings.

“Caused misery my foot!” he called after her.

“You caused me no misery…I’d reckon you saved me from it tonight.” Reyna said as she watched her go. “…Sleep well. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Candall claps his hands. “Ya know, bed sounds rather nice as well.”

“Care to share a room?” Valerie asked her husband. “It has been quite some time since we lived together.”

“Certainly,” Candall replied.

Valerie thus picks up her things, and starts to head upstairs with her husband to move into his room.

“I shall stand guard in case anything would be foolish enough to attack.”

Siansa looks at the stars, this time a bit differently. Her eyes showing something else than just sadness, “Guilt tripping me now?..”

She deactivates her ability and stands up, taking a few steps from her bed with some difficulty.

She grabs the ring from the bedside table, and looks at it. She frowns and tosses back on the table, watching it bounce off and hit the glass before falling somewhere on the floor. Her eyes watch roll from underneath the bedside table and flop on its side once it emerges.

Siansa leaves the ring on the ground, just in front of the table. It isn’t hers anymore and it would never be hers again, nor could it be.

She walks down the stairs, after gathering her things, ready to leave the inn.

Reyna stood up and yawned. “Guess it’s time to turn in for me.” She says, heading upstairs. “Night.”

Ashkey slumped against the tree stump, wiping sweat from her forehead. She had been training for the majority of the night, not sleeping or resting.
She was finally at her limit.
Regardless, she dragged herself to her feet and forced herself to continue working.

Oire stood up.
“Ah’d say it’s aboot time for me ta turn in. See y’all t’morrow.”
He exited the inn and walked a short ways, finding a small clearing. He set out a small tent and a sleeping bag, crawling inside and quickly falling asleep.

When Fran reaches her room she locks the door and just sits on her bed. Not laying down. Not removing her armour. Not even performing maintenance.

Thus, the MacArdals go to sleep for the night.

“Yeah…” Will muttered to himself as he waited for a moment, looking around. He glanced at the moon that was already upon the sky.

Will walked into the inn and he was probably the first one and the only one to notice Siansa had her things packed and looked like she was about to leave.

He looked around quickly and walked towards her, he pushed her into a dark corner smoothly and pressed her back against the wall, they were hidden for now.

“What are you thinking?” He asked, looking at her. “You are injured and it’s night outside.” He said.

@Flux

Amelia noticed how our heroes went to their rooms to get some sleep, and they had all the right to. Because today it was a stressful day and if she was going, to be honest, they were really lucky they survived.

“We should probably crash too, Amelia,” Alina said, yawning a bit.

Norag nods in agreement.

Leandro looked around, his arms crossed, leaning against his chair. “Well, what did we expect?” He asked. “I mean, we are going up against the Bloodfang here. Not some Tyrannt that doesn’t go on the frontlines.” He said.

“I honestly never expected him to show up like that,” Amelia said.

“No one was,” Alina said, shrugging.

“More the reason to bring this team into a team,” Leandro argues.

Norag narrowed his eyes as he caressed his beard. “Y’know what I’ve noticed?” He asked, looking at his companions.

“What?” Amelia looked puzzled into his direction, Alina and Leandro glanced at the fellow Dwarf as well, intrigued to hear him out.

“We’ve gone to such great lengths to get these ‘individuals’ that we didn’t even bother to truly know them, on a personal level,” Norag said. “The only one of us that knows someone here personally, is Will with Siansa.”

Amelia arched an eyebrow. “I suppose, you are right…” She said.

“What do you suggest we should do?” Alina asked.

“Perhaps to try and learn these people…” Norag said. “They don’t trust us, heck I don’t trust them either, to lay down my life for them, or to simply have my life on their hands.”

Leandro nods. “Yeah, who’s to say they are going to do the same to us, as we did to them?” He asked.

Amelia sighed. “Look, I’ll think about it, okay?” She said. “I’ll think of something, yeah you bring a valid point, that we barely know these people. I guess we really do need to start working together, as a team. I’ll express that to the best of my abilities. And if they don’t hed my words, well…” She leans back. “We are doomed to fail.” She shrugged, laughing a little at the silly comment she just made.

Norag smirked.

“Alright,” Leandro said. “We’ll meet tomorrow here in the morning. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight, sleep well,” Amelia said.

“Goodnight.” Alina nods.

“G’night, may Odin watch thee,” Norag adds.

The Sapphire Owls would eventually also go to bed into their rooms, each preparing for tomorrow, because it was going to be the aftermath of this battle and how Amelia could improve as a leader to guide our heroes better and making them work as a team.

1 Like

“You know already…I haven’t changed my mind.” Siansa says looking at him, her tone is different from how he usually heard it, it was defensive and combative. “Now if you could move, so I can leave… it would make my life easier. After all… I’m a Witch, apparently we’re heartless.”

She would push him a bit, to get out him out of her way. She remarks, raising her voice, “Guess I should be sorry that I care too much for my family…I’m also a healer so I can tend to my wounds just fine.”

She would walk away making her way out of the inn.

Suddenly there was a hand that would stop her from walking, it was Will’s, his gentle yet strong hand gripped her arm.

His black hair provided a sort of a shade around his eyes, hiding them well, as well as his painful emotions he was experiencing.

“You know very well, I didn’t mean it…” Will said, and probably Siansa could tell the truth, he was hurt after all, people do tend to say things they regret or don’t mean.

“Don’t do this Siansa…” His tone took a beging one, than a authoritative one. “Even if you can heal your wounds, Bloodfang will kill you on sight and I can’t…” He whimpered. “I can’t see that happening! Okay?!” His tone rose, trying to get to her.

“I don’t care about your father, I care about you.” He said. “You don’t have to do this alone, Siansa. You have me by your side, just think this through…please…” He looked down.

@Flux

1 Like

“Will… out of everyone here, I thought you would understand. I need to take action now, before anything happens to him… After all wouldn’t you do the same, for those you love?”

Siansa sighs pulling her hand out of his grasp, “Fine… I won’t leave tonight… but at some point I will leave if I feel it is urgent.”

She walks back upstairs heading to her room, and would turn in for the night.

1 Like

He didn’t know what to say about that to her, if he would have said yes he would have been a hypocrite, maybe he was, but it didn’t matter. Because he couldn’t just let her go and save her father and she doesn’t even know if he will be on her side or not.

Will lowered his hand down, when she said she won’t leave tonight, he felt relieved. “Thank you…” He said as he eventually walked inside the inn as well.

When Siansa quickly got upstairs and into her room, Will was besides her door. He placed a hand on it and laid his forehead on it, sighing. It hurt so much now, that he didn’t even know if he should say it, so he stood there for a couple of seconds…

@Flux

1 Like

Siansa places her hands on her shoulders, crossing her arms in the process. Her head falls slowly down and sees the glitter of the ring she tossed earlier that day. She grabs it and looks at the door, watching the light coming the crack at the bottom of the door and between the floor. She sees two shadows breaking the line of light.

Will… She guesses in her head as she takes a few steps closer to the door. She takes the ring again and slides it underneath the door, likely ending up in between the person’s feet.

Siansa knew that Will would really be the only person to wait on her. She hopes he would at least take the darn ring. She heads back to her bed and plops on to it. The springs likely would squeak a bit and it is likely Will would hear them.

2 Likes

Ashkey continued to train, the soft, dulled thwack of her knives against the wood permeating the air.

Oire continued to sleep happily.