The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“A man I think, old by the sounds of things.”
She states now picking at her faceplates

Reyna was at a loss for words. She struggled to think of what she might be able to say.

“Was it familiar, if so, how did it make you feel?”

Candall perks up as he sees Ernesto. “Ah yes, my new laddie! This is Ernesto, dearie.”

Valerie looks to the dragon with bloodshot eyes. “He looks kinda sick.”

“I don’t know if it was familiar, but I was…angry. Angry and scared.”

“Pleasure to meet you,” Ernesto replied, as he took a bow.

“Hmm,” Valerie inspected Ernesto. “Maybe he needs some rest. Should I play him a lullaby? Some sleep might do him some good.”

“Hrm… What a mess this is. I’m trying to figure out what this dream might possibly mean, but every time I think I have it, it changes. I have some ideas, but first, what do YOU think it means?”

“I’m afraid that I must abstain from such luxuries, terrible beings are afoot and I must be ever watchful.”

Envarus smirks. “Darn, I was hoping you would try again. I would have liked to see you yelling at the stars for what they said.” Envarus then enters the inn.

“Oh, I’m sure a little rest couldn’t harm you.” Valerie tries to assure him. “And tell you what: I’ll look out for you as you rest. I promise.”

“I think it means I’m a lunatic who makes Ernesto look like a pillar of health.”
She dejectedly confesses, gesturing at the sleep deprived dragon

“I highly doubt that. While what it truly means, no one can say, but I think it shows you have a good heart. That you were disturbed and horrified by what you did, shows that you care about others, and despite what you may or may not have done, you truly regret it.”

“I’m afraid that things have moved quite beyond the scope of your abilities. While your offer is much appreciated, I must stay true to my vow I made to both myself and to the cursed Bloodfang.”

“Very well,” Valerie said, a bit disappointed. “I guess I’ll have to find another excuse to play me songs. Oh, I am Valerie MacArdal, by the way. Candall’s wife.”

“Ah, I can see the resemblance now. You are very lucky to have him as your consort. He is a brave and honorable man.”

Reyna had run out of options. She hugged Fran. “I’m so, so sorry you had to go through that, and I can’t imagine for a second what it must have been like. That fear, and anger. But please, please know that we’re still here for you. No matter what you think you did, that isn’t who you are, now or ever.”

Valerie looks to Candall with a smirk. “That’s what he tells me too. S’pose I’ll have to see myself.”

“That goes for me too. For what is worth, I’ll be happy to talk with you anytime, and if you ever need help, I’ll be there.”

“I have seen it for myself. I am confident that you shall soon see it too.”