The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“Does it matter? Does who you were matter, as much as who you are now?”

Reyna lowered her head and cast aside her gaze, wishing she could comfort Fran, but knowing she was far from qualified to talk on the matter of memory.

“It’s rare for someone without celestial vision to even hear whispers, which is why the stars were impressed.” Envarus says.

“Even before my people were destroyed, we didn’t fully understand how they work or why. Much knowledge has been lost since then. Even to us with celestial vision, it takes practice to understand what the stars are saying.” Envarus looks thoughtful. “Although, I have always wondered how a telescope would affect communing with the stars. I haven’t heard of it being done before, but it may be what you need to hear them more loudly.”

Fran smashes her hand onto the table
“Of course it matters! I could’ve been a normal person living a normal long happy life! Not some puppet that murders people on the whims of a lying church!”
She paused and quickly realises what she’s said
“I-I-I’m so sorry I-I didn’t mean to raise my voice, please forgive me.”

“Nothing to forgive, but listen to me. So what if they lied? So what if you could have had a normal life? Will that change anything now? Does getting mad solve anything? Please, tell me, does it?”

“…You’re fine.” Reyna said as she looks up and looks her straight in the eyes, filled with sympathy and a million other emotions. “And I’m sorry…but we can’t change the past. We can only make the future better. We can make your future better, if you let us help you. We’re here for you whenever you need.” She smiles, not breaking eye contact. “Just like you’re here for me, I’m-…we’re, here for you.”

“I…” she begins before setting her head down on the table and begins to sob tearlessly.
“I don’t know anymore…I don’t know anything anymore, they could have done anything with me…I can’t tell if the nightmares are real or not…”

“What kind of nightmares?”

Amelia nods, sitting down on her chair beside her other companions.

“I don’t know…” Will said. “There is certainly nothing special about that.” He shrugged. “Come we almost made it.”

1 Like

“And if they are, we’ll fight them. Together.” Reyna says to her. “We’ll stay at your side, through whatever it is. Though, it’d help to know, what might we be fighting?”

“It’s bits and pieces, I enter somewhere and there’s a girl, a child…” She pauses and takes a deep shuddering breath “her mouth…it was stitched up. She was so scared and I…” She pauses again.

“I murdered her.”

“As you are, or as you were?” Clawripper asked.

“I don’t know! I just saw her trying to break free and then…dead…my blade through her.”

Reyna is silent. “I refuse to believe you’d do something like that.” She says. “Even if it was your body, I refuse to believe it was your soul. Whether it is a memory or a dream.”

“Agreed.”

“Hrm… did she seem familiar?” He asked.

“…Yes…I don’t know how I know but I could swear that I knew her…that sweet brown hair, those eyes…it’ll stay with me until the end…and their was a voice! I heard it whispering before I came in.”

“Do you recognize the voice? What did it say?”

Frustrated at the fruitless nature of his battle, and disheartened that his foe had slipped through his grasp, Ernesto solemnly returned to the inn.

She tensed up and squeezed her shutter-like eyelids shut.
“Speak no evil my sweet little Fran, your knight in shining armour will arrive so very soon.”

“Male or female?”