The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

Finally, Candall speaks up. “So do the gods look upon us in condemnation?”

“We’ll figure that out,” Valerie replies to her husband, trying to comfort him. “Aldritch was correct, we are a bloodthirsty people. That must end. Change starts within. We must turn the souls of the celts against being so afraid to lose what is dear to us.”

“Our land, even our family?” Candall asked his wife.

“You lost me for a while. We both grew as people. Yet it was so humiliating, so agonizing… And very, very good for the soul.”

Candall nods. “You’re right, Valerie. We’ve lost sight of the soil where our tradition was planted. We lost our ancestors but their doom comforts them. The Isotixans need humility, to realize our pride is not what makes us!”

3 Likes

“I have slain horrid beasts that slink and slither and slide all around us that would make the wretched Bloodfang squeamish. Horrid abominations that would just as soon steal your livers, or tear your soul asunder! You speak of high morals and civil discourse being the true path to peace, yet you lead us left and right gathering weapons of war! Two faced feind! If more people thought as I, we would have no fear of petty tyrants! The time for talk is over! The time for strong action is nigh, and I don’t think you have the guts for it!” Ernesto retorted loudly.

“Yes!” Valerie replies. “After all, do not the warriors who die get rewarded with Tir Na Nog?”

Valerie gets upon her feet, and begins a song, celebrating the times of loss and hardship and their beautiful fate. The song becomes part of her elven tongue, sounding exotic yet alluring. A song about the son of Fionn mac Cumhaill, Oisin, and the departing of Tir na Nog.

3 Likes

Envarus shakes his head slowly, then looks up to the sky. “All this talk about violence and honor. Why now? After we have traveled the path of bloodshed already.” He listens to the stars for a moment before saying, “However, bloodshed should be avoided if possible. Especially here. The stars are angry and I doubt any more death would lead to anything good here.”

“Oh, you killed beasts…” She said with a soft, calm tone. “I have yet to see Bloodfang show fear to any one of us.” She mentions, before scoffing at Ernesto, indirectly assuming that she was a hypocrite.

She slightly frowned. “Oh, I don’t know why we collect these weapons…” She said, there was a strong tint of sarcasm in her sentence. “Maybe because Lord Bloodfang is after them?!” She said. "If we don’t do this, they will fall in Bloodfang’s hands, but let me guess, you haven’t thought of that yet, have you? She asked. “And if more people thought like you, the world would be boring and a chaotic one at that.” She venomously adds with a stern tone.

Will leaned against the tree trunk and crossed his arms. “Okay then, Ernesto, you can leave the Owls.” He said, with a blunt and flat tone.

“Will?!” Amelia looked at him. “This is not how you talk with someone!” She said.

He shook his head. “No, no, this is the exact way you can talk to someone like Ernesto.” He declares. “If you think you can shout and throw insults with false accusations and assumptions. Then by my guest Ernesto.” He said. “Leave and go kill Bloodfang. You know where he lives. In Dragopia, go and kill him, see if it’s that easy. And then come back to us and tell the tale.” He glanced at Ernesto.

“You do that or you shut the hell up, and let us do the job and getting you prepared in dealing with Bloodfang.” Will would set an ultimatum, Ernesto had two choices, it was up to him what he decided.

Envarus too would see the Lion and the Wolf talking with each other, by this time, he would be hearing the so-called Hidden Prophecy that is about to come.

Upon a time the Starwalker Tribe will suffer hardship, these are the Dark Times. They will immigrate from land to land, for three decades and a half.

Until a new King of not our Race, but with the Ancestors of Old behind him, that will reunite our Tribe once again…

“Why care what weapons he holds when you can just as easily have him lay them down with your rhetoric? You may doubt my vision, but if their is something that I can see, it’s through you. I will depart in the morning, and I shall gather all who would come with me.”

Oire watched the rag-tag group of adventurers from his seat upon an old log.

“Things seem dire, eh?” He said to Ashkey, who was standing in the shadows near him.
“Hm? Oh. Yeah…” Ashkey agreed, rather absentmindedly.
She spun one of her daggers in her hand.

Reyna finishes cutting up the meat, then brings it over near the fire to be cooked. She sighs, then looks around, looking for Valerie.

“Do you think that rhetoric is a weapon that you alone possess? Nay! I offer to all of you, supposed Sapphire owls, a new path. You can choose to be ordered about by these hypocrites right into their own ignorant oblivion, or you may travel the land with me, searching for a way to right the world, as an equal. They would have you believe that they are the paragons of peace and justice, yet they lack the drive to fulfill their ambitions! They preach to us about the consequences of our actions, and the shortcomings of our homes. They tell us that they serve the greater good! That we must trust in them, and them alone to achieve our goals! Nay, I say. It is not we who need them, but rather they who need us! We are the ones who hold the power to change destiny! We are the ones who shall restore order to this land! Together, we shall transcend all opposition! Together we will be victorious!”

So we can return. Envarus thinks. It is not a vain hope. I wonder if they speak of Will.

1 Like

“Amelia, Will. A word in private if you would be so kind.” Fran states, with a voice as blunt as stone. Her posture is rigid and closed off, arms crossed over her chest. Her fractal face obscured by her cracked mask.

Amelia and Will both glanced at her, confused as to why she would want a word in private with them. Before Will could say anything Amelia responds.

“Sure.” She said, taking Will by the arm as they walked towards Fran. “What is it that you wanted to talk with us about?” She asked.

“When I first joined this group I held you lot on quite the pedestal.” She begins with a tone cold as snow and as inviting as a grave. “I know see that doing so was a foolish and naive mistake.”

“No one said you should hold us in a high regard.” Will said, stern, his own cold tone matching hers. “We’re human, just like anybody, we may make mistakes. But you simply can’t say that Amelia is totally wrong, with the point she is trying to make.”

Siansa watches and listens… She sees some hope, although some of it confirmed her fears. Siansa jumps off the tree branch, landing on the ground crouched. She glances at the rest, her eyes still glowing a bright and fiery orange.

“I’m going for a bit of a stroll. I need some time to think about something.”

She heads to her horse and grabs her sword, placing it on her side, sheathed. She looks at the main group once more, “Do not follow me…”

Siansa walks away heading into the dark of the night.

“Mistakes? Mistakes?! All I’ve seen from you are fortune hunters who feign camaraderie and compassion to recruit others to use as cannon fodder! Will, you only care about being the biggest man in the room and keeping up a stupid persona! And Amelia, you put on a mask of care and love but you’re rotten on the inside, making sweeping statements about people based on the actions of an individual? You two remind me of Gwyn.” With that she spits and returns to the rest of the group

Candall raises his hand. “If I may have a moment, fellas. We’re falling for exactly what Lord Bloodfang wants us to do. He wants to tear us right apart to remain unopposed. And we’re doing just that lads.”

Reyna spots Marybird, and walks up to her. She sighs. “Hey.” She said. “I just wanted to talk for a bit.” @Chronicler

“But how can we be expected to blindly follow these fools!?” Ernesto retorted.

“We don’t,” Candall suggests. “Just as I do not blindly follow Versing. Trust needs to be built, but that cannot happen when we all squander.”

“What is on your mind?” Valerie asks. (Sorry, I’m not used to her being called Val lol.)

3 Likes