The Collapse of an Empire - Signup | OOC Discussion Topic

Yeah, I was thinking on making them each a post of their backstories and then post their character sheets in here.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

1 Like

Name: Irelle Levant (now goes by the name Fran)

Aliases: The White Lady

Alignment: Unaligned

Affiliation: The church of purity

Home: The republic

Race: “Human” (heavily and horribly augmented)

**Apparent Age:**20

Eyes: Heterochromatic (left eye green like fresh moss, right eye blue like a clear sky, both eyes are made of magically infused crystals and are therefore prosthetsis)

Skin: Replaced with plates of magically toughened porcelain, not much tougher than regular skin, that being said her “skin” is incredibly pale

Height: 5 foot 7 inches

Weight: 100lbs

Build: relatively tall,lean and mean

Hair: Ashen white, also it’s a wig affixed to her scalp plate

**Accessories:**A masquerade mask that covers her face, it has a small fancy looking feather in it

**Personality:**Highly reserved and very to the point, she’s as blunt as a brick and has the humour to match, that being said she reacts…clumsily to romantic moves.

**Equipment and Weapons:**Half plate armour including segmented thigh plates, a breastplate, vambraces, gauntlets and greaves topping it off with a chainmail hauberk and coif. She carries a well kept estoc that she uses to spike anyone she doesn’t like. Lastly she keeps two single shot matchlocks in her wrists as insurance (the force of these firing by the way will shatter her whatever arm is housing that cannon, so she can’t fire it off willy-nilly.)

**Powers and Abilities:**Numbed nerves due to magical blessings and years of voluntary (kinda) torture, this basically allows her to have her skin be replaced without being in constant agony, that being said it still itches and she has to apply ointment to her raw flesh every two weeks to stop the itching, on the topic of this a good deal of Irelle’s body has been replaced with magi-tech prosthesis, her entire lower body is false, everything below the elbow (and the elbow is false), her skin as mentioned previously is comprised of porcelain plates, her limbs are also hollow due to this. Lastly her artificial eyes, both have anti-magic capabilities, allowing her to see through illusions and invisibility, detect magics sources and worse yet by focusing on magical things she can prevent magical usage, this can shut off a wizards powers, temporarily stop magical enchantments and can even cause undead and constructs to freeze in place, also if she looks in a mirror all of her artificial parts stop working and she is thrust into excruciating pain. Also she is an accomplished fencer.

**Backstory:**Irrele Levant is a devout warrior of the church of purity tasked with scouting out Dragopia and seeing what’s what, also tasked with murdering anything if it seems detrimental to the church. Before she was this partially synthetic warrior however she was but a simple nun, who was inducted into the ranks of the church’s inquisitorial department. This led to her extensive augmentation and combat training, she believes in the churches goals zealously even though she has been turned into something inhuman by them. The church’s own doctrine states that Irelle’s own body is a sin, once she completes her sworn duty of purifying the world she will be put to death by the very church she serves.

https://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/4X/2/1/c/21c1e068dc2381a285d053609904e17a9aa85d37.jpg

3 Likes

@L.O.S.S-KAL Accepted. Welcome to the RP!

I’ve been looking forward to this

1 Like

Oh yeah, me too :wink:

Ayy… I see what you did there.

“It’s…elvish…” awkwardly coughs

Lol yeah, also I’ve forgot to add the appearance in the character sheet template facepalm. Easy rookie mistakes that are going to drive me insane…

I’ll do a pic of her later

Yeah, it has been edit it. So if anyone of you have a picture of your character, which would be very much appreciate it. Edit your posts and I’ll check them out, if you are using somebody else’s artwork give the proper credit, if you are able to find the Artist of course. I myself had problems with finding the Artist itself so I link the source from where I’ve got it.

I’ll… figure something out.

I’m a mediocre artist at best, but I’m sure someone in the fandom for the book series I based the night dragons on has something I can borrow.

1 Like

If you want I could give it a shot, I’m not great but I could do something for you

1 Like

Nah. I won’t impose.

Plus, I’ve got some friends on Deviantart, I might be able to ask them for a favor. If nothing else, I’ll build a MOC, or draw a crappy picture.

alright, I probably shouldn’t go about drawing stuff for everyone I meet anyway, I’ll probably burn myself out if I do that

Hence why most people do requests for random people on Deviantart. At most a trade, otherwise a commission, (which people really need to figure out that you can’t charge whatever you want).

Name: Envarus

Aliases: None

Alignment: Neutral Moral

Affiliation: The Republic, if anything.

Home: The Republic, formally the Holy Dynasty

Race: Starwalker

Apparent Age: 20

Eyes: Kind of inverted. Black where a human’s whites would be, white at the pupil, and a dusk-blue iris.

Skin: Human looking white

Height: 5’7"

Weight: 185 lbs.

Build: A bit slimmer than average

Hair: Black, coming just past the ear.

Appearance: Unfortunately I can’t draw to save my life. Like said above, wears white armor with gold paint along edges of some of the plates.

Accessories: Armor has the Eagle constellation engraved into it. (This world’s version of Aquilla)

Personality: Very serious, little to no humor. Very reserved and rather untrusting. Unwilling to see others be wronged, especially with how he feels he has.

Equipment and Weapons: Paladin armor, with a paladin blade. Both armor and blade
have the Eagle engraved into them.

Also has a sword that can change into a hammer.

Powers and Abilities: Like all the Starwalkers, Envarus has the ability to see deep into the heavens. He also learned some of the paladin magic from his time in the Holy Dynasty, as well as magic associated with the Eagle constellation. This pertains some wind magic and limited flight.

Backstory: Born in the Holy Dynasty long after his people were scattered, Envarus learned all he could about the stars from those of his race closest to him. This included a way to channel the magic that they hold. Envarus always had a special connection to the sky, so he specialized with the constellation that would bring him higher, the Eagle.

Envarus joined the Paladin guard wanting to do what he could for his country and his people, especially his family. However, his senior officer was very angry when he learned Envarus was mixing the Paladin magic with the “heathen” magic of the stars. This officer saw to it that Envarus was evicted from the army.

Feeling wronged by those above him, he left. As a sign that he was unwilling to accept what was done to him, he took his blade and armor with him, instead of leaving it like he was supposed to. He later had his armor and blade engraved with the symbol he held most dear, the symbol that connected him with his people. He made his way to the lands of the Republic, where he sought to do some good. However, he vowed to himself that he would never let himself be wronged again. Why did he choose the republic? Simple, because he wanted away from the appointee and sole ruler type system. He wanted as far away from that system as possible.

4 Likes

@TBT_Emerald, cool to see that not all Starwalkers are dead. Accepted. Welcome to the RP!

2 Likes

Name: Siansa Markwood
Alias: Star Dreamer, The Young (or White) Witch
Alignment: Social Moral
Home: The Great Nest of Dragopia
Race: Half-Dragon, Starwalker
Apparent Age: 19-21
Eyes: Emerald Green, however the whites of the eye are a dark grey instead
Skin: Scaled, and human-like.
Height: 5ft 11in or 180cm
Weight: 190 lbs or 86.18kg
Build: Siansa is by no means a physically fit person, however she’s no slacker either. Siansa is often keeping herself in shape by some odd job or chore that she’s given. She tends to do menial work when she can near the border villages of Dragopia, although she lives a bit away from those villages and is more inland in the country.
Hair: Silver to white hair
Appearance:

(credit to Krystopher Decker for the original. This image was edited to darken the whites of the eyes and remove the scar)

Siansa Markwood looks mostly human in appearance, She had rings on her right hand. The rings are a memento of her mother, who was a Starwalker. Her pendant is a symbol of the clan her mother came from and one she keeps much care over.

Siansa is usually seen wearing a white tunic and rough-spun trousers, along brown boots. She keeps a simple style of clothing, and is usually found working some odd job, such as delivering packages, or helping the local villagers with farm work.

Her appearance changes a bit when she conducts magic. Siansa grows a pair of white scaled, leathery wings, and a white scaled tail. Her body gains white scales that cover a good portion of her body, mainly on her arms, legs, and back. Lastly, Her eyes become a fiery orange.

Accessories:
Siansa has a pendant that she wears, which is from her dead mother. It has the markings of her mother’s Starwalker clan, and is one of the few items that connect her to her Starwalker ancestors.

Other than the pendant Siansa has three rings she wears on her right hand. Two of them are from her mother, marked with the same clan markings, and the third was the ring her father gave to her mother. Siansa also wears a pair of round sunglasses to protect her eyes from the harsh sun light.
(basically these)

Personality:
Siansa is more reluctant when it comes to more social interactions. She does certainly interact pleasantly with the local villages, however she is no party girl. Due to her more introverted nature she was sometimes called a “youthful witch” or the “white witch”. However with time she overcame the misconceptions of her being and befriended a few of the villages, where she works.

Equipment and Weapons:
Due to her more reclusive nature, Siansa isn’t normally seen with weapons. Despite that she keeps her mother’s armor and sword in her home, keeping them in the best shape she can, from what she learned from the village blacksmiths. Her mother’s armor fits Siansa nicely enough to the point that a village friend commented that it was meant for her. Siansa keeps the armor safe in her house and doesn’t usually wear them. Her father, a white dragon, occasionally drops by to help Siansa with practicing her magic and he has taught her the basics of sword fighting.
(image of what the armor looks like)

Powers and Abilities:
Siansa practices magic that she learned from her father, which is a form healing and enchanting magic. She learned from her father how to reconstruct simple abrasions and how to heal broken limbs. She can use her magic to stabilize the body from sickness or infections well enough to give her enough time to find a remedy. Her enchanting magic has allowed her to make repairs on tools, honing their edge and strengthening their metal. She’s well practiced in these magics.

Her father keeps her practicing magic and has been teaching her light magic, of which she was able to learn how to magically illuminate a room with a glowing orb and how to use light magic to refract the sun’s light coming into her eyes, allowing her to take her sunglasses off in daylight for a decent period of time. As the magic dims the light for her.

Her father has been keeping Siansa in practice for offensive magic, teaching a basic level of fire magic. She’s not too familiar with offensive magic but she can set her firewood aflame with a single touch, and in a pinch she’s been able to produce a small fireball.

Siansa can also speak the dragonic languages as her father taught her to speak them while she was young.

Backstory:
Siansa was born in Dragopia after her mother fled there due to the Isotixian raids. She was born a year after her mother met her father in Dragopia and grew up in these lands, near the borders.

After her mother died due to a sickness and since then Siansa began to practice the healing arts to make sure any loved of hers would not suffer the same fate.

She grew up slowly aging and the years went by quickly. She learned while growing the mortality of the humans and how quickly they age. Many of her childhood friends were already fully grown while she was still maturing.

Her father raised her for much of her life, teaching her magic and how to control it. He stopped caring for as much as soon as Siansa became more independent around the age of 45. However, her father would still visit his daughter to make sure she had a good grasp with her magic and that she had the basics mastered.

Siansa reintroduced herself to the local villages and eventually befriended them after some time, doing odd jobs by delivering packages or mail, and helping with the local blacksmiths and farms.

She lives in a more isolated house, further inland and away from the villages. Where she is now.

2 Likes

What does this mean as an alignment?

1 Like