The Earth Tribe (As revealed by Greg Farshtey)

I don’t think they knew that they were harming the planet before it was too late…they just wanted the other tribes to destroy themselves as they fought for it

1 Like

Another post also confirmed that the EL of Sand is female as well, and BS01 has the links to both confirmations in their individual articles.

5 Likes

Greg then follows up this nice little bit of lore expanding… by canonizing Perditus as another Velika spy.

Sigh.

On the one hand, I’m glad Perditus actually has story meaning now. On the other, it just seems inherently wrong that a single user can explain why they think he should be a spy, and Greg’s like “sure wynaut lol” and now it’s canon.

2 Likes

The problem is that the characters that have been revealed to be spies are characters we didn’t really care about in the first place, so why should we care that they’re spies? You may as well introduce a completely new character at that point

I believe Greg’s rationale was that telling us that Velika had spies without making some of them characters we knew about would lessen the impact of telling us he had spies at all. In other words, he didn’t want the “spies” concept in its entirety to be dismissed as meaningless due to lack of actual impact on the story.

But the spies that have been revealed were just filler characters to round out the toyline. Not all that different from a new character.

I can finally havea purple gladiator.

1 Like