The Exo-Cordax

Essentially this is like an in-universe precursor to the C-Mech , so It’s very gappy and open.

here is the cookie that I permanently borrowed without permission from Pakari: :cookie:

don’t make fun of my rushed ccbs legs

34 Likes

well
um it’s bulky. kinda cool.

3 Likes

excuse me what

have you even seen the c-mech

This thing is tiny in comparison

4 Likes

no lol i only joined 2 months ago

1 Like

the cowordax mech

2 Likes

-oh yeah

moo

2 Likes

neat
now cordax can tower over people and still be short
looks pretty cool

1 Like

As always your torso construction and greebling remains consistently good, however you do seem to always rush to build the legs and that often leads to them looking weirdly inconsistent with the overall style you’re going for.

6 Likes

You did a good job of making it look like a prototype of the same vehicle

Did you have to take apart the original C mech to make it?

The c-mech died from fall damage my guy.

1 Like

yey

legs are hard

also I always build legs last for some reason and that’s when I run out of parts and ideas

lol I smashed that thing on the ground for clout like two weeks after I made it

@Atobe_Brick here footage

10 Likes

but how you’re a tiny yellow matoran

1 Like

That’s why you need to make a pair of techno trousers for cordax.

6 Likes

WE FORGOT THE CRACKERS GROMIT

8 Likes

Gromit noise

4 Likes

heh, I assumed you rebuilt it after that

Another Cordax iteration to add to the list :pensive:

3 Likes

It would work well as a mid-stage if this were actually a mid-stage build. But it was made after the fact, so no mercy. :gregf:

The limbs seem incredibly rushed, really making this look like a loose tablescrab instead of a finished product. I imagine there was no back photo for a very good reason. Overall it feels like a really weak build, both in design and structural integrity, serving only to make the larger one look better, and would have survived much better with a couple more hours on the drawing board.

Some major improvements this could definitely benefit by is to make the legs (yes, I know) a little more consolidated. 2006 pistons would be a great replaement, but I don’t know for certain that they will work since I can’t see the underside of the mech.

No, you silly goose muffin, not those pistons! What, you think you’re gonna get a 24th lifetime comedy award for so bad a joke? Because I am

The arms would, of course, benefit from having slightly more complex hands, and given that this is supposed to be an in-between model having both hands appear more anatomically correct that the three-fingered crane claw hand in the ‘later’ iteration makes the later one, at least in that regard, feel like a step down from this iteration.

Do I have anything positive to say about the moc? Well, yes, one thing: The green lightsaber poles embedded in the old system claw piece with the stud on top looks really nice meshed together like that. In the next iteration of the build I would try to carry over that sort of style.

Get building.

7 Likes

tables crab?

2 Likes

You thought that by not @-ing me I wouldn’t notice, but I did. :sunglasses:

Honestly, looks pretty cool! I dig the dome windshield.

1 Like

thanks for the criticism.

I’m definitely going to rework the legs sometime or other (as tomorrow is the end of thanksgiving break for me so I was trying to finish a moc before it’s over and my free time goes poof) and yeah, 06 pistons would work really well there. The hands will also be reworked, maybe I’ll try to make them look like downgraded versions of the final C-mechs hands. Also if you followed me on Flickr you would see that I did not post this moc, showing that it is not an official moc. I’m not saying that Flickr is better than the boards, but if I actually want to present a moc instead of get feedback for it, Flickr is where it’ll be.

Also here’s back pic for you to dig in even more.

3 Likes