The Final Hunt - Bionicle 2016 Painting

Well, that took a dark turn

5 Likes

This is grim.

and I LOVE IT.

5 Likes

This is pretty amazing Var. I love the expression on Tahu and just how evil and menacing Umarak looks. The colors and shading are also gorgeous and the little background details are pretty swell. This scene is kinda ironic because Umarak is killing the Toa while beams of bright light go through the lush jungle, showing a contrast of the darkness and evil of Umarak while the jungle remains pure and innocent until the blood of the Toa is shed on it.

EDIT: I didn’t even notice the drool coming out of Umarak’s mouth until now. There is just so much going on in the image. I gotta look for more small details.

8 Likes

Umm yeah, that took a dark turn.
Wouldn’t be interesting if Lego killed the to a this year and next year we’ll get knew toa.
Great piece of dark art IllustriousVar

i could not help but notice that Umarak is droling.

4 Likes

Lower debt I guess…

Yeah he be psychotic.

1 Like

good thing then that its not something more gory on his mouth, like say blood, cause then it would just make Umarak a bit more scary duo to what it hints at.

though it would probably be a bit more messed up if Umarak was wearing Gali’s brutaly torn off mask while he was threatning Tahu.

Its @IllustriousVar drawing, as linked in the source link. Yes, I am shocked as well.

1 Like

“Toa, you have travelled so far to save this place you don’t even know about. It’s adorable. Sadly, like your brethren and dear sister, I am about to send you back.”

3 Likes

What if Var is personifying himself as Umarak in that artwork.

5 Likes

It was too lodged into her skull by the arrow, so he decided to leave it for later. :wink:

5 Likes

I am indeed a murderous psychopath.

18 Likes

so that is what happened to Kini, Invi, on air, and biocraft!

2 Likes

there’s no purple 0/10 /s

but yeah
whoa…

…n stuff

i tried drawing a reaction but i couldnt get it to look right :U

it’s rlly good tho like the background is really nice a detailed and adds to the mysterious/eerie mood…n stuff

6 Likes

Your drawing really made Umarak all the more menacing. I like it!

It should have been Lewa with his Golden mask in that art instead of Tahu…you know who we are talking about butchering.

2 Likes

I would say “edgy,” but this is too good for internet shenanigans.

actually no scratch that Umarak is drooling, edgy

2 Likes

yes

YES

My god this is gorgeous

1 Like

I just love the texturing on things like the armor and masks. Tahu’s especially, because it certainly looks like the golden mask (and him) has taken quite a beating. I can only imagine that even if he knew he was going down, he wasn’t going down without a fight. On the other hand, the drool is utterly terrifying and disgusting.

1 Like

pretty good