The First: MOC Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1)

Just as an FYI, @TakumaNuva and @Ven were not involved in the direct vetting process. That doesn’t mean they’re not entitled to their opinions and views, but that rationale is not shared by everybody, let alone those who actually personally vetted the accounts.

Just my two cents.

20 Likes

I don’t understand why everybody is surprised by the amount of votes removed. Even if 6 had won I would have still expected it to have, by far the most fraudulent acounts connected to it.

5 Likes

By that logic there’s no reason to think the vote was rigged by anyone and nothing should ever be vetted, but of course that’s foolish.

1 Like

Congrats @TheUnderscoredDouble!! :smiley: I loved your entry. :slight_smile:

I’m excited to see Entry 2 win, and I was also a fan of Hoseryx. After all, just like a firehose, Hoseryx can shoot Water from the ends of the hoses. :wink:

3 Likes

#6–409–338 (lost 71)
#2–377–357 (lost 20)
#5–157–141 (lost 16)
#4–92–88 (lost 4)
#3–62–56 (lost 6)
#1–38–38 (lost 0)

11 Likes

Yea, my favorite was this one, so if I was gonna use my “bias” to skyrocket anything it would’ve been that.

F

21 Likes

Does this mean #1 is the true winner?

3 Likes

In the sense of being the most honest.

2 Likes

You know, deleting my post only makes me more suspicious right?

Number 3 is the true winner in my heart. A shame that the whole Hoseryx debacle had to overshadow every entry besides 2 and 6

2 Likes

It really isn’t? Unlike others, I did not complain about the contest the entire time, and I am perfectly okay with her losing. I simply ask for transparency from the vetted voters. How is that an issue?
@Mesonak For clarification, what does TakumaNuva mean by the Delta? If people PMd the vetted accounts, that doesn’t seem like it’d lead to an issue at all. And the voters were clearly visible earlier in the contest.

Aw, shucks :blush:

1 Like

I have no issue believing that, based purely on that one Twitter post.

That quote takes the context out of the statement. TTV has no incentive to rig this competition as the admins because they get nothing in return.

Fans of Hoseryx or TTV haters have/had something to gain by rigging the competition, the satisfaction of “getting one over” the other guy or “the man”. Or just to do it for a laugh. And that’s different than TTV’s position since they’re not the ones in charge, they’re a meme army or disgruntled BIONICLE fans.

9 Likes

I’d say we should offer entry 1 the winning vote, it was the only honest one.

2 Likes

So the satisfaction of your choice winning is good enough reason for people to rig a vote but NOT good enough reason for admins (who are also people) to rig a vote? It’s just not consistent logic. I’m not even saying the votes shouldn’t have been vetted, I’m just saying it’s silly to say on the one hand that a forum poll gives no one a reason to rig anything while accusing people of rigging it from the other hand.

3 Likes

So I’ve come here to find that the poll has been vetoed by 71 votes. While I believe some votes were vetted due to dupes, I would like to see a list of the dupes because of the fact that if they’re dupes, no one would harass the accounts anyway, and if they did, they would be dead, banned accounts. Another question I have to ask if someone made a dupe, did both of their accounts votes get deleted?

2 Likes

Ah, I see you are a man of culture.

4 Likes

Joking aside, I am rather satisfied with the victor being entry #2. The contest managed to still bring lots of people together for fun times, and in spite of negativity being a factor, there has also been lots of positivity which has been buried underneath all the messaging on these messageboards.

On another note though, I do not understand why it is delete worthy in the opinion of the mods when joking about “the council”, as it is a rather silly thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

I know a we have people defending 6, but tbh, I feel like if 6 had won and others asked about the fraudulent votes by fake accounts, they would probably just tell them to accept it’s victory.

6 Likes