The First, Part 2 - Herlyx Art Contest Submission by ToothyDumb

Hello everybody!

This is my art submission for Canon Helryx Art Contest.
I tried to follow overall appearance and forms of the winner MOC, but also to incorporate “fish” elements in design, like “fins” on limbs and mask. Work is also inspired by canon Toa Nikila artwork.
Thank you for viewing!

43 Likes

While very well drawn, it looks nothing like the MOC to me. A good drawing, but not accurate to the model

15 Likes

yeah, I can see some of the same armor in there, but the proportions are completely different.

6 Likes

This doesn’t really resemble the MOC… I definitely like it.

12 Likes

it’s fine by me, I can see the pieces that you derived it from, and I think they wanted some level of artistic license anyway.

3 Likes

You did good job on this on nice mask too

This is by far a good reinterpretation of the original moc in question. And I fully welcome it, hope it pulls through

1 Like

I like how you took the winning MOC entry and managed to spin it into your own, stylized creation! Despite substituting pieces here and there, the inspiration is definitively derivative of the original MOC and I’m in love with how you managed to work someone else’s design into something you can entirely call your own. The mask (and general presence of fin-like elements) is also really cool. If there’s one thing that I could critique though, it would be the aesthetic of the mask. It seems a little reminiscent of the Felnas, and I’m not quite sure I could see it as the Mask of Psychometry or as Helryx’s Kanohi. Either way, great work!

1 Like

This looks almost nothing like the winning entry.

Thank god :+1:t2:

7 Likes