The Guardian Heroes (Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Here is my entry for the Toa Hagah Contest.

Kualus: The Toa Hagah of Ice

Notes:
Kualus Wears the Great Kanohi of Rahi Control, so I decided to give him armor that I heavily associate with characters that remind me of Rahi without being Rahi themselves (with the Toa Hordika being half Rahi while Rahkshi and Vorox are not Rahi at all.)

Bomonga: The Toa Hagah Deputy of Earth

Notes:
Bomonga’s armor and mask were chosen to make him look more immovable, which fits with his mask power.
he uses the Toa Metru forearms as those pieces are skinny enough to avoid bumping into the handles of the Earthshock Drills.

Pouks: The Toa Hagah of Stone

Notes:
Pouks uses almost twice as many parts as the others. The decision to have his torso turned upside-down is to blame here.
I decided to add armor to his forearms and shins to bulk him up since he looked extremely awkward without it.
I also gave him a tan secondary color to help make the brown and gold colors not clash with each other as much.
Pouks’ feet are custom :slight_smile: .

Gaaki: The Toa Hagah of Water

Notes: When designing Gaaki, sleekness and fierceness were prioritised.

Comparisons:

The Biopack:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xsz0rEkdOD4fH4M9weHiqsz96ZxHTham/view?usp=sharing

IO Files:
Models and comparison: HagahModels.io - Google Drive
Models posed for the renders: HagahRender.io - Google Drive

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes

16 Likes

Firstly Welcome

Secondly nice MOC. I like that Gaaki is more sleek, fitting for a Toa of water, being a swimmer. Kualus is quite cool one would say. Bomonga has that nice squat design, Pouks looks a lot like Pohatu, which is cool, but could be slightly more different. Overall cool Mocs, it makes for a good team.

1 Like

I really like Kualus and Bomonga. Would have preferred if their shoulder designs were more standard, but as a stand-alone MOC, Bomonga’s work especially well.

As for Pouks, the colour scheme is a bit messy with the tan (also I’m not sure if that will be allowed), and the armour additions to the lower legs and arms are a bit excessive for something that ought to fit in with Norik and Iruini.

I do like Gaaki as a stand-alone. For your team line-up though, I would have preferred her in gold even if it’d make her look like a Psionics Toa.

Since you’ve consented to all changes, I’m strongly persuaded to vote for your Kualus and Bomonga (Kualus more so). While I get the criticism that allowing changes means you’re not totally voting for the entry you liked, at least you can still vote for artists that don’t modify the design.

1 Like