The Guide

Zyglak? Bah, worry not little one. They’ll never find us if the passage we take was never there. Just stay close to my Lightstone.

A turaga entrusted with guiding travelers through The Cord to the crumbling city of Mahri-Nui. He uses what little elemental energy he has to open and seal ancient chambers, keeping out those who would prefer to see his charge dead.

More Photos:
Brickshelf Gallery
Flickr

Based on the idea of an alternate universe like The Kingdom, but with Voya-Nui still intact. Really happy with his silhouette and had lots of fun trying new things with this MOC.

57 Likes

The whole build is great, but I really love the look of the shoulder/head area.

5 Likes

That medallion thing looks really good, as does the rest of the moc.

3 Likes

Turaga builds are always nice, and this one looks particularly cool. I would assume he’s a Turaga of Stone?

3 Likes

Thanks! And yeah that’s probably my favorite part of him too.

Thank you! I only wish it was easier to get a good photo of that part specifically, chrome is a pain to get nice photos of.

Definitely my favorite stage of the Matoran life cycle to make. Turaga of Stone of was the initial intention, but he could be Earth too, honestly up for interpretation as both work with the lore blip.

5 Likes

Wow, I always love the use of soft parts on any figure, it ups the realism for me somehow haha. Great job on this!

3 Likes

Excellent build, and very evocative! It reminds me horrifyingly of the Guide from Masks of the Elders, but I’m glad to learn this guy is actually good. I second that the head, shoulders, and general silhouette are really eye-catching.

3 Likes

I really like how you made the ragged cloth with the black claw pieces and fur attachments. very creative.

and the gold chrome on the necklace is a nice touch.

4 Likes

Very nice, like you say the silhouette is great and the shine of the medallion really contrasts with the black and brown of the build!

2 Likes

I think it has to do with the textures, but regardless I totally agree. Love using cloth when I can, always adds a ton. Thanks!

Thank you! I’m not super familiar with that source, can’t seem to find anything on it with a quick search so now I’m genuinely curious about it haha.

Thanks, it was fun to try and position it in a way where it looked like it blended with the fur pieces.

Thank you so much! And yeah the gold chrome helps a ton with making the brown pop a lot more.

1 Like

Sorry, I guess I ought to have explained–Masks of the Elders is a sadly unfinished BIONICLE fan RPG made by the BZPower user Valrahk. It’s pretty good fun. At one point the main characters run into a Matoran who I think just goes by the title “the Guide.” He happens to be the scariest part of the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re curious, the original topic is here. I think it’s still downloadable.

4 Likes

No you’re good! I actually used to play lots of the fan made RPGs on BZPower back in the day (still have Flow of the River on my computer haha) but this one looks like it was a little after I went into my Lego dark age. Must have missed it. I’m definitely gonna take a look at it, unfinished or not it sounds pretty neat. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Sounds interesting

2 Likes

Incredible, both the MOC and the story!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, means a lot!

2 Likes

Fantastic MOC really unique aesthetic!

2 Likes

I love the lantern build.

3 Likes

Thanks, glad you like it!

Appreciate it, I fiddled a lot with different lantern ideas before settling on this one, glad it came out good!

2 Likes

I love the amount of character put into this moc, with the hooded cloak, the flowing fur on the shoulders, the leg’o’loss skirt. It’s a moc that has a personality to it.

3 Likes