The Hydruka crisis (Pitch)(Story)

Hello there!
Here is one of my ides for year 2: So, year 2 will be a civil war. In this civil war, the tribes will fight each other. How about this: Let’s say that Onua or whoever rule the earth region (sorry, but I am a sucker with the Brickonicle terms) order to Nuparu or another big engineer to build some war machines to the army. And this war machines could be the Hydruka. The Hydrukas will be able to walk underwater, and will be some sort of AT-AT like machines.
The earth army will use this machines to attack the city of Naho. But how about the Ga-Matorans will fight with their own creature-like machines? Introducing the Water Wraiths. This things will be able to defend the city by the Onu-Matorans. And then other things will happen…

Anyway guys, what do you thng? Do you like my idea?

3 Likes

The Idea for AT-AT like machines in Brickonicle is pretty cool! I like how While Naho Matoran fight above, their Water Wraiths fight under the sea. But personally, I think that Nuparu shouldn’t design the Hydrukas, because I think that she should instead create Boxor-Like machines to fight on land.

I do have some questions though…
1.How would they by controlled? Would there be a Tiroan/Nahoan in the machine or would they be controlled remotely? Do they have A.I.?
2.[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:1, topic:39182”]
thng
[/quote]

lolwut?

1 Like

I like that Nuparu is starting to become fairly popular, but I have a few problems with this post:

1. Tiro is supposed to be a peaceful region. Due to this, they would never build war machines to attack another region, especially not Naho.
  2. Assuming Tiro decided to attack someone, they would not trust Nuparu since she goes against the traditional values of her region with her advanced machinery. She would sooner be exiled than utilized, which could mean she builds machines for the other regions in exchange for leaving Tiro alone.
  3. Hydruka are aquatic Rahi in G1. Perhaps Nahoans could tame the Hydruka and use them as naval power. Since you have the idea of an AT-AT type unit, maybe Nuparu builds the Vahki?
4 Likes

@Levva: Sorry, I wanted to say thing.
@Bokarda: Ok, we can change the tribe. Maybe the stone or fire Matorans. And the Hydrukas should be able to walk underwater too, because the Ga-Matorans were expecting the troops to come on land, and the enemies would surprise them underwater!

1 Like

I could see Mangai doing something like that. Assuming the Hydruka are mechs, I’m guessing the cockpit where the Matoran would fit would keep the water out and pump in oxygen?

2 Likes

Yes! Exactly! The AT-AT will be a massive machine, with a transparent head, four articulated legs and a canon on the tail. A 2007 Hydruka, but like a giant mech.

2 Likes

I’ve just had a thought about the Hydruka (you probably won’t agree with this, but I’ll say it anyway). What if the Hydruka are large aquatic Rahi (with the same size you’ve given them), but they have been tamed and weaponized? For now, I’ll ignore who uses them and focus on what they would look like.

They are the same size you have proposed. Being Rahi, however, they could be ridden by four Matoran: the drivers/pilots (on the top of the head and on the lower jaw), the ground control (on the belly), and the “air” control (on the back). The Hydruka could be fitted with a cannon on its tail, which it has been trained to fire at individuals deemed enemies.

The ground and “air” control’s cockpits could be docked into a large, saddle-like contraption that wraps around the Hydruka’s torso. In the event of an emergency, the cockpits could detach and become mini-submarines used for escape. The drivers/pilots could have the same feature.

2 Likes

This seems pretty good, but there is a huge defect: It would seems too similar with Chima, who was a failure.

I never followed Chime, but I don’t think Chima failed because of elements such as that. It was probably more to do with the lack of interest in the theme or poor storytelling (possibly both).

Aside from that, everything else about it seems good, or are there other problems?

1 Like

No, it seems perfect. What about the Water Wraiths? Any idea?

1 Like

Since they’re venomous fish, maybe Naho could use them to target the Hydruka and force the drivers/pilots and the two controls to evacuate, allowing the Nahoans to apprehend them? The venom wouldn’t kill the Hydruka, but it would definitely hurt and make them sick. Kinda like getting a bee sting.

Regarding the Water Wraiths themselves, they could resemble a barracuda, with a teal-blue color scheme for its scales. At night, they could have some kind of bioluminescence, which could make the Water Wraiths a fairly popular element of the underwater sets.

2 Likes

Yes, it seems perfect but… I forgot… What is a barracuda?

2 Likes

Elongated predatory fish. If you saw Finding Nemo, it’s the fish that kills the mother at the beginning.

2 Likes

Yes, I saw an image. It seems cool!

2 Likes