The last of the Hagah (Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Greetings, and thank you for checking out my entries.

I’m rather new to online communities, and I’m fresh as bread on this message board. I don’t really know what to say here. but I feel like I should maybe introduce myself and my entries.

I’ve been thinking about making a complete Hagah team for a while now and I’ve been looking at the other contests from the sidelines. I felt like now would be the perfect time to step out of the shadows and join the rest of the community here.

The last three weeks I’ve done nothing more than build stuff, order parts because I didn’t have the right colors, and then fine tune what I’ve built, and order new parts again. (still couldn’t get everything in time :expressionless:)

I also wanted to photo-edit my entry pictures in cool action scenes, but I really just ran out of time.

Consent is listed per entry.

Let us commence forth.

The lengths

As pictured above I have used a ruler to measure the size limit of the builds. I’ve done this because I couldn’t make the others without stealing some parts from these two. Throughout every photo my camera did not change position nor did the box/ruler.

Some Mods

In every picture I’m showing I have made several small mods. There is a 4l(5l for Gaaki) Axle on the back with the small black gear on it and I added a large black gear where the small one would be to prevent the arm from swinging, the small gear can be pushed in to free up the arm. I also added a hand piece with a ball and 2l axle to give the shield more pose-ability and offer a way to back-carry.
These are optional.
Just like official sets they shouldn’t come with it. And can be made without them.

Kualus, the bird whisperer

(Entry photo)
Originally I had planned to only make Kualus and be done with it. I had given him some really broad shoulder armor and silver hand pieces.(glad I read the rules before making my photos)
I imagined this scene to be somewhere mid-air on top of a mountain. Probably jumped of the back of some rahi-bird just for the trill. Using his shield to glide on the snow.

Consent on altering the mask: Yes
Consent on altering the type of metal: No
Consent on altering the spear-tip: No
Consent on altering the eye color: Yes

A schematic view and chest breakdown:

Bomonga Kaiju Wrestler, Bomonga Ground-shaker, Toa of many titles

(Entry photo)
For Bomonga, I wanted him to be the tallest. Be it his mask always active or him being the tallest onu-toa in existence. Nobody will ever know but him. The mask is definitely placeholder and has to be changed on the final group art. I wasn’t quite sure about the color of hands, but decided to stick with grey in accordance to his upper arm and leg pieces. Since they don’t come in black(with this mold atleast.)

Consent on altering the mask: Yes (prefer it)
Consent on altering the eye color: No

Gaaki, Summoner of the waves

(Entry photo)
I had imagined this photo as having some massive waves behind her. The Idea of her spear is that it opens up and looks like a staff when she’s using it to summon massive tidal waves(as her spear would allow) and be closed when not used.
I decided to go with the Hau mask becasue it is the symbol of the great spirit, and the highest honor a toa can have.

Consent on altering the mask: No
Consent on altering the eye color: No

Pouks, the cowboy (Reworked!)

(Entry photo)

After one final rework I hope everything is up to order, I unfortunately still couldn’t get the paint in time for his mask. But I did figure out which one to buy. (his mask should of course be dark gold, like his armor.)
After my Lhikan and Kikanalo arrived earlier this week I had some more dark gold to work with and decided that a foot would look as a reasonable lightweight chest-plate. I then decided to give him gold Nuva shoulders instead of the Metru ones. And I’m pretty happy with the result.

Note: He is pictured with grey arms, Those should be brown(I ran out)

Link to his mask, and thanks to KhingK @MaskMaker or letting me use this.
Kanohi Phalanx

Consent on altering the mask: Yes (But would prefer not to)
Consent on altering the spear-tip: Yes
Consent on altering the eye color: Yes

(old entry for reference)
Pouks is the one I had to take back to the drawing board the most. Everything from changing his mask three times to giving him weird armor, going for printed armor, realizing printed isn’t allowed so I unfortunately had to opt for a different type of gold. In the final picture it is of course supposed to be all the same, and the same as the other toa. But I didn’t have time to go out and get a correct paint.

Footnote

I don’t actually expect to win. But I did really enjoy creating something and will partake in the rest of the contests for realsies.

19 Likes

They look good. My favorite’s Kualus. Welcome to the boards, and good luck in the contest!

The entry period will last until June 11th, so you still have some time

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and finally thank you.

The entry period will last until June 11th

I really got my deadlines mixed up that much? I thought the contest was only three weeks time to enter.

1 Like

These are probably my second favorite out of all of them.

1 Like

These are great! I do want to warn you though, there are a few things you will probably be asked to change. First off, Gaaki’s spear head needs to be the same gold as the rest of her armor. Same goes for Pouks’ feet and shield. I think that’s it. By the way, I think they are great, I’m just trying to warn you that that’s probably what’s going to happen. I think you can solve all of those by editing the colors, but I’m not sure. Good luck, fellow competitor!

1 Like

Hey, these rock! Great examples of simple but effective design :slight_smile: also, I see that we had similar ideas for our Kualus’s… Kuali… Kualusses… whatever :smiley:

1 Like

Decent builds. As some input, I would suggest painting Pouks’ armor the same gold as his mask, I think it strikes a nice balance in between the flat and pearl gold. Good job, and good luck.

1 Like

But are you as fresh as Nike Bionicle trainers
Welcome to the boards!

I really like the reasoning behind giving Gaaki the Hau, seems a very fitting tribute. Also I like her weapon with its fold out blades.

4 Likes

Thank you for entering.

As it stands, we’ll be able to accept all of them except Pouks, unless the dark gold is digitally modified to match the lighter gold or the other way around.

Please do this before the entry period ends. Thank you.

2 Likes

@Eljay Hello, thanks for accepting my entries.

Could I perhaps change the armor completely so that they’re all existing dark gold pieces? I’ve been messing around with that ever since entering.

2 Likes

That would be fine.

3 Likes

@Eljay I’ve uploaded the new pictures. I hope he’s ready to be accepted now.

2 Likes