The Legend of the BIONICLE: Celebrating 20 years of Lego stories

going by rothanak’s numbers, cura just said 40%, so I’m starting the print over again at that, 39.37 is probably more correct, but printers are only so accurate anyway. now it says 8 hours to complete, so I’ll see you all tonight. Also, we may want to move this conversation to it’s own topic so we don’t spam this one

2 Likes

What printer do you use?

Right now I’ve got it printing on an ender 3, I also have an MP select mini, but it’s out of commission right now

sorry for the image dump, now, with those out of the way, I can talk about them.
they printed off looking great!
Until I had to remove the supports underneath, which broke all three pegs (exactly what I was afraid of) but for some reason, the akaku version held up the best (most likely thanks to the profile pic of our High Emperor(may he forever remain unaffiliated)), either way, all 3 got copious amounts of gorilla glue and are drying as we speak
since the akaku one faired relatively well, I went ahead (heh) and test fitted it on a metru head, and it fit ok, the post was a little loose, but I’ll chalk that up to printing inconsistencies. I’ll show them off on a moc when the glue dries, all I can hope is that I got all the axles on straight

Edited for Double Post- Prentice1215

17 Likes

Yesss… you created it.

agreed unless he decides to side with the RRR

Looks neat, my man.

4 Likes

This is great.

1 Like

After the glue dried, I tried them out, the eye holes are a little far apart for both metru and mata heads, and the actual part fit is kinda wonky, but they work well

1 Like

Yeah, I designed them with the eyeholes far apart on purpose because they didn’t look like a kakapo with them closer. Thanks for printing them, I wasn’t sure how they would fit.

Wait a minute…

KAKAPO

K A
AKPO

KO A
AKP

KOPA
AK

KOPAK
A

KOPAKA

BIONICLE confirmed??

17 Likes

Groundbreaking, Pakari./s

2 Likes

can I sue pakari for copyright infringement

2 Likes

Did you ever get to making that moc?

2 Likes

Haven’t, been busy since that post, I can slap them on some mocs I have built to help with size comparisons, but I don’t have time to slap a fresh moc together

Edit, The Stuf:
My toa of earth, built for a toa team on this forum

My self moc

Jeff, who I use to test 3d printed parts (normally has trans green g2 head)

And General Grievous, for funsies

10 Likes

the ultimate life form

9 Likes

kakapo grievous… he scares me

3 Likes

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/community/newsview.page?msgid=1279639

This is Bricklinks promised update.
Tldr: The sets that did make it can be ordered again on August 3rd (except Castle). Lego thus adds up to a total of 10000 sets each. Due to a glitch on the website 10000 castle sets were already ordered and will be produced and shiped.

Maximum order quantity in future rounds will be reduced to one and overall quantity raised up to 10000.

4 Likes

I’m a little last posting this, but recently, when the Seinfeld set was revealed, I commented on an Instagram post about how I still felt disappointed that Bionicle got rejected in favor of this. And…well…someone responded with these exact words:

“…reflection, there wasn’t a market. The fandom was * deeply * divided over that set. Some disliked that it was system, some disliked the lack of play features, some disliked that only one side could be displayed at once, some disliked the lack of minifigs, many disliked the price. We were hyped that maybe it could get through Ideas but a lot of the fandom gave it a second thought by the time the BLDP came around. Many realized they didn’t want it. On top of that, it’s a very niche set. Only people who were into the story of Bionicle (a 20 year old theme) would really want it, and many didn’t want it enough for the price.”

So yeah. Even though I really wanted the set to become a reality in some way…I truly hate to admit this, but I must: there’s absolutely no possibility. :cry:

5gayri

(seems to be some people’s mentality)

4 Likes

Glad to see that lego finally got around to producing Sokoda’s se…

Hey that’s not right!

Well I suppose the moral of the story is, lego’s marketing data suggests its fans really like microscale dioramas. And lightsabers.

5006290-1

10 Likes

one of those is clearly superior

5 Likes

Thanks, though it’s not really fair to compare the two. LEGO doesn’t make midak skyblasters anymore so the designer was obviously limited. The set designers are learning npu though, look at the telescope warp pipe in the top Mario diorama. The ground around it is still hollow :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes