The LEGO Movie

I STILL have no idea why no one have not posted this kind of thing.

Anyways, post about my favorite movie of all time, The LEGO Movie.

Spaceship.

Man, what’s there even to say about it?

Oh! Right! There was something I wanted to ask. Y’know what’s awesome?

EVERYTHING

1 Like

It was good. There are some problems I have with it, but I’d rather not get into that, it’s spoiler territory.

1 Like

Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when you’re part of a team
Everything is awesome when we’re living our dream
Everything is better when we stick together
Side by side, you and I gonna win forever, let’s party forever
We’re the same, I’m like you, you’re like me, we’re all working in harmony
Everything is awesome
(Wooo)
3, 2, 1. Go
Have you heard the news, everyone’s talking
Life is good ‘cause everything’s awesome
Lost my job, it’s a new opportunity
More free time for my awesome community
I feel more awesome than an awesome possum
Dip my body in chocolate frostin’
Three years later, wash off the frostin’
Smellin’ like a blossom, everything is awesome
Stepped in mud, got new brown shoes
It’s awesome to win, and it’s awesome to lose (it’s awesome to lose)
Everything is better when we stick together
Side by side, you and I, gonna win forever, let’s party forever
We’re the same, I’m like you, you’re like me, we’re all working in harmony
Everything is awesome
Blue skies, bouncy springs
We just named two awesome things
A Nobel prize, a piece of string
You know what’s awesome? EVERYTHING!
Dogs with fleas, allergies,
A book of Greek antiquities
Brand new pants, a very old vest
Awesome items are the best
Trees, frogs, clogsThey’re awesome
Rocks, clocks, and socks
They’re awesome
Figs, and jigs, and twigs
That’s awesome
Everything you see, or think, or say
Is awesome
Everything is awesome

5 Likes

Funny how I was listening to Everything is Awesome while I was posting this topic. :confused:

And yeah, the movie does have its problems, but to me the movie is just a full love letter to my childhood. That’s why the LEGO Movie is my favorite movie of all time.

I HATE LEGOSSSSSSSSSS!!!]
jk and why say legos!!!?!?!? lego is a company name! you cant have legos! god I hate people who do that!

anyways enough rambling, I loved the movie, my friend spoiled the ending thing… jerk I also had to wait till the 28th to watch it, stupid people and spoilers

1 Like

What were the problems with it?

My biggest problem is the inconsistent quality of the soundtrack. Most of it is great and well composed, and then there’s Batman’s death metal parody and “Everything is Awesome” The latter of which is so annoying that I want to strangle every person in the world who has ever sung it. /rantover

2 Likes

The differences I believe were intended. The soundtrack is, well, an epic soundtrack, while the two vocal songs are created by characters within the movie – one of which is, as you said, a parody, and they didn’t need to put the best quality into a joke. Same goes for Everything is Awesome – it’s not intended to be good, it’s supposed to just be something catchy and a plot device for the bad guys.

(Notwithstanding I enjoy both songs.)

I didn’t like how they made Batman’s character. It wasn’t Batman. He felt like some crazy dark knight fanboy who happened to have a psychological disorder where he thought he actually was Batman. I know someone who responds to just about everything with “I’m Batman!” (and he uses the exact voice) Point is whenever I see “Lego Movie Batman,” I see that guy. It’s uncanny.

2 Likes

Well, the theory is that like, some of the characters are supposed to represent like, people the boy knows like, in real-life so it could be like…like Kahi said in the coverage, like the kid’s older brother or something, just using the Batman fig to represent him, and sorta mixing his perception of Batman with him, but I might just be full of it

and also it’s all in good parody, man.

2 Likes

I honestly think this is the best movie that’s come out this year (at least of the ones I’ve seen). It works as a zany comedy, a father/son story, a social satire, an Hero’s Journey-type adventure, and a commentary about life and how to live it. There aren’t a whole lot of movies that can cram all that in and still be any good.

4 Likes

I love this movie.
Saw it for the second time today.
Bruce Wayne? Who’s that? Sounds like a cool guy.

4 Likes

Here’s an interesting analysis of the film I ran across: http://channelawesome.com/renegade-cut-the-lego-movie/

1 Like

I wonder if Tahu or maybe Ekimu will appear as master builders in the sequel.

4 Likes

Oh, I won a prize in the Emmet Awards earlier this year :smiley: I’ll post an image soon. You can see it on the site, it’s the one made by LegoJaggy :wink:

So, I finally finished listening to TTV’s The LEGO Movie review (which has been in my Watch Later list for over a year). I recommend it, they make some interesting insights that make me want to rewatch the movie yet again.

1 Like

All I can think of is Meso obsessing over the Bionicle Cameo and how Clowns weren’t even a theme.

5 Likes

So apparently the second Lego Movie will be made close where I live next year.
So then my sister comes up to me and was just like “Should I apply when the job becomes open.”

And I just stared at her like:

Why are you even asking?

2 Likes

Everything was awesome…except it didnt have any Bionicles in it.