The LEGO Movie

One frame man…

Appreciate the one frame of BONKLE we got…

One frame wasnt good enough for a franchise that saved LEGO from almost dying.

[Cough] LEGO Star Wars saved the company and it only got a minute or two of screen time. [Cough]

2 Likes

The licensing issues with LEGO Star Wars really cancelled out the major profits that line had. BIONICLE’s equal (?) success was a part of a brand IP, so TLG didn’t have to shell out most of the profits to Lucasfilm.

2 Likes

Yah, I know. Lucasfilm was literally just bought out when The LEGO Movie entered production, so it caused its appearance to be cut immensely.

I would have to disagree with that. I’m pretty sure Star Wars made a bit more money than BIONICLE, especially with its Episode I tie-in.

2 Likes

What I just said had nothing to do with the LEGO movie

My point was, even if it did, a lot of that money went to Lucasfilm, not to TLG itself.

I thought that first line did. I think that first sentence could still explain it, though.

But a lot of money still went to TLG. It’s not like their deal was was 10% to the LEGO Group, 90% to Lucasfilm.

2 Likes

Well the sequel is told to be pushed into 2019.

Five years…

FIVE YEARS.

Guys, you are not Pixar, get your stuff together.

I am worried that the hype for the LEGO movie will have died down before the sequel comes out…even if it comes out two years after the LEGO Batman movie.

Well, remember we’ll also get NinjaGo sometime between Batman and 2. So the hype will probably be pretty strong.

That said, I’m still disappointed that it was delayed.

Yeah, Ninjago comes out a few months later.

oh

3 Likes

Why

Just why

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if the characters from Lego movie 1 will even be in this

it was revealed that they were.
and what makes you think that.

I mean, I know they are now, but I don’t think it was confirmed 2 months ago.

The lego movie franchise has been on a downward spiral in quality and now it’s completely lost it.

Yes, because releasing three movies with two of which having high rating defiantly show Lego deteriorating in the cinematic universe and will use mainly non-brick CGI in future movies. :cinema:

3 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t understand the critics when reviewing NinjaGo kept saying “The LEGO Movie universe isn’t like it used to be”. Dumb critics, you make it sound like these LEGO films have been around as long as something like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, when in reality we’ve had three films in four years. Sure, NinjaGo wasn’t really that great, but you can’t say “they aren’t as good as they used to be” when there’s only been three movies!

1 Like

Dude it’s just an emp lemon meme

Plus seriously the last half plot of the Lego Batman Movie was just thrown in to finish the Movie.
And most of the Lego Ninjago Movie was mediocre.