The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

I’m not sure; I managed to get a picture of the Rogue One Constraction sets and I can’t see any of the Chima/Ekimu armor on him. At the very least, we’re getting the 2015 Toa add on in black.

1 Like

You are a legend my friend. When you put it up on shapeways when it’s finished I’ll likely purchase it.

“Tomorrow… I will (hopefully) take my rightful place among the gods!”

looking good!

As you can see I just cobbled together something for the upper body.

18 Likes

The neck attachment is wrong, but I doubt that will effect anything much. Just for those who want theirs to be as close to 100% accurate as possible.

1 Like

Oh my dear friend looks awesome,almost exact copy of the original,very nice work!

2 Likes

Why is it wrong? Using the mini body frame is the only way to attach both the head and the short orange bones that go into the chest piece.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s very close actually. It just needs the shells to cover up the gaps, but the inner workings look really close. Great job!!

3 Likes

you did a really nice job, someone has to send this to lego with the message “we don’t need you anymore”

2 Likes

Never mind, I was mistaken. Looks pretty good!

2 Likes

From that pic of the video, it looks like the massive shoulder pieces attach with Hordika necks.

1 Like

@Karios I know, I actually spent half of the afternoon completely redesigning them so that they would connect via hordika necks, so now they’re more correct.

On a side note, I measured my Makuta, and it’s 35 cm tall (pretty much as tall as CCBS Grevous).

5 Likes

So is someone going to go into LDD to make instructions when its done?

Also on a side note since there isnt going to be any new sets anytime soon, im planing on buying extra sets to build all the combo models too. So im going to be owning doubles and triples of certain sets to make makuta too! :joy:

1 Like

Well now that you’ve made the comparison they have to fight.

3 Likes

Well… That probably won’t be needed. Coz by the time the set is disassembled to make the instructions, pictures of the disassembled set could be taken and used as instructions

2 Likes

I feel like instructions would be alot easier to follow though

2 Likes

Exactly. But why make it in ldd when you can just use the real thing to make instructions

1 Like

Because at least with ldd i can trick myself into thinking its an official combo model from lego haha xD

3 Likes

I doubt all those pieces are even on ldd yet. Are they?

1 Like

No clue :confused:

1 Like

So it says that there is supposed to be Umarak the Destroyer used in this build, but I don’t see which pieces would specifically come from him.

1 Like