The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

I’m seeing red in the chest now. Trans-orange eyestalks?

Nope, they look to be trans liftarms from LoSS actually

I have already made the connection piece. Spent about an hour measuring the pieces on my mask of creation using my digital caliper to make an exact copy.

I will be putting the model up on Shapeways where you can purchase a 3D print of the model. There is already this model up there, here but I think I can do better than that. After I have finished it I will be posting a link to it.

Thanks for that, though I have already both those images. The thing I need most at the moment is a look at it from the back and side so I can see how far back the pieces really go instead of just eyeballing it. Apparently the member Dorek on biosector01 has high quality images he was going to post today but hasn’t yet.

5 Likes

I PM’d Dorek about the JtO Makuta pics and got this response:

“Working on it! They sent us some high quality pictures of most of the models (which I’ll be able to post tomorrow) but the actual JTO model was not among them, so I will be requesting that from LEGO.”

Interesting to note that LEGO did not give him the photos yet… VERY interesting…

(Hopefully this makes my purchase of all those sets somehow worthwhile…)

9 Likes

How? I have been trying to find a way to contact him for 2 hours.

1 Like

He’s on Eurobricks, one of my main 3 Bionicle / LEGO sites (including TTV and BZP).

You should also stop by and post there. We’d love to have you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We could take this as a sign LEGO is planning to release instructions? It kind of makes sense the model isn’t available for photos if it’s being used for that purpose. That or they already disassembled him. Or there may even be licensing issues with the studio behind JtO.

Well in my attempt to analyze the build… I can make out that the arms are connected to 2 black connectors, which are attached via the jaw piece via black axle rods. I don’t have the jaw piece though, so I can’t give a visual example, but that’s a step?

3 Likes

Your model will it be available for a free download because i would very much enjoy having a source for the life sized moup im planning on making

1 Like

squints Is that skull grinder’s torso piece I see behind the torso disk? Could that be how the chest panels connect if it’s positioned upside-down?

No, the upper chest panels are too high if that’s the case, and the ball joint connecting Makuta’s head seems to be part of the torso so it can’t be silver. Ikir’s torso with short red bones to attach the upper panels?

1 Like

It’s a trap they took apart the JtO makuta to make instructions for him

I wish…

2 Likes

Looks fantastic. The only problem I see is that it doesn’t go as far back as the original.

Yep. It needs to wrap around the head more and the two prongs behind the center spike need to be back further as well. But still good work.

4 Likes

This pretty much. If it just wrapped around the head more the mask would be perfect!

Also:

Judging by this JTO screencap I believe there are protector-sized HF torsos inside the shoulder assemblies. There are two contained in the set pool from Ekimu and Ikir, so the parts are there for it. This could help to assemble the shoulder parts more elegantly, with fewer parts. I might try my hand at it once I get home from work.

5 Likes

Yeah Until a little while ago the best shots I had of the side were these two.

Luckily with the release of the official video I can get a higher quality image like this one

I will be using it tomorrow to finish the mask and get the last few details right.

8 Likes

Oh sweet! Dude, you’re the best. Like seriously, you’re MUP is gonna be perfect. Just the chin sticking out more, the spikes and it wrapping more around the head at it will basiclly be a 100% replica.

It’s interesting that the MUP is the only G2 legendary Mask without ruins or symbols on it. Sure makes the whole 3d printing thing a lot easier!

3 Likes

we need a trans-pink eyestalk.
also I love how everyone but me, Im just looking and reading is helping a little bit

3 Likes

Hey guys, I have done EVERYTHING except for the upper torso, can someone help me?

Also, @Doomarak, I can assure you that there is no mini body frame inside the shoulders, the way the armor shells attach does not match the position of the ball joints

2 Likes

I don’t have the parts necessary to actually build it but I can help you gather as much points as you can to figure it out.

I would gather all the parts from the sets and see what you have remaining to help yourself kinda have a basic idea of the elements they had left to use.

-He uses trans LoSS angled technic beams inside the torso behind the Ekimu sheild.

-The neck attaches to the previously mentioned beams threw a Glatorian neck.

-The Ekimu shield attaches via a light grey pin

That’s the best I can do man.

2 Likes

Hey Friend maybe this help you found this today i think its not 100% thue body but looks good: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sparkytron/28102519723/in/dateposted/

1 Like

Did anyone notice that this:

Is a different model from this:

It might be irrelevant, but it does mean that we now know of five separate Makuta models.

NOTE: The new throne Makuta has four of Ekimu’s shoulder plates in gunmetal, mold marks and everything.

I think we’ll be seeing the official release of those on the Star Wars constraction set of this guy:

14 Likes

My house is under renovation right now and as such, I don’t have access to my collection. Tomorrow it should be done, and I’m gonna build up what you’ve made and see if I can help fix anything

Thanks for the hard work dude, you really have been helping a ton

3 Likes