The limits of mask powers

I wonder why Krika didn’t just phase through the shield, teleport himself inside, simply blast him out like Guurahk did, or faceplant him like Nuhvok-Kal did. He had at least some of these powers, didn’t he?

Well, I guess he supposed to let Tahu awaken Mata Nui after all, so that’s out of the question.

I think I’ll make pretty good Makuta myself. :grinning:

2 Likes

I mean you have all those powers (like 42 I think) and there are multiple of you, and yet you are constantly defeated. For shame makuta.

And I’m willing to give them the fact that maybe the shield would block Krika from phasing through it and MAYBE teleporting, but yeah those other ones are things he could have done.

Yeah, I see that point. But don’t forget that the plan was to let Toa awaken Mata Nui, so keeping Toa intact was part of the deal. Also Mistika Makuta were mutated by swamp water and lost some of their abilities. Krika might have lost both Disintegration and Gravity powers so he couldn’t do those things, but I think there’re still many options left if he really wanted to destroy Tahu.

About Kanohi power, Krika’s Crast, Mask of Repulsion, was describe as…

It allows its user to repel other objects for offense or defense; the target cannot touch the user, and is flung away with considerable force. The user can also achieve limited flight by repelling the ground. This power cannot be used on more than one target at a time.

What is supposed to be the tipping point between repelling target and repelling himself? Is it target’s mass compared to user’s?
How does it define “one target”? Can it selectively repel one molecule from the whole? Can it repel Kanohi while leaving the wearer stand still, effectively knock the mask off?
There’s so much possibilities to explore. :blush:

As Antroz himself said, “The challenge of being a Makuta is choosing which powers to use to destroy your enemies. It gets boring using the same ones all the time. Variety is the spice of destruction, after all.”

I guess I do think like a Makuta now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

EDIT: Speaking of Antroz, his Kanohi Jutlin, Mask of Corruption, is also quite interesting. According to BS01;

It allows its user to break down inorganic objects within their range of vision by causing them to decompose and rust.

First, while Antroz was blinded and used Radiak to see, could he still use Jutlin’s power as what he’s seeing was not technically his “range of vision”? If it works in this situation, does this means that he could extent its range by using it through telepathically-shared vision? For example, can he use his Kanohi power on target which fellow Makuta see and sent their vision to him through telepathy?

And the line between organic and inorganic is already quite blurry in my opinion, but the fact that most inhabitants of MU is biomechanic makes it even more complicated. Jutlin must at most be able to only effect the “mechanical” part. So can it make mechanical parts rot away while leaving the organic parts intact? That’ll be…interesting…

2 Likes

Fair point. My biggest problem with Antroz’s use of his mask is that he never even attempts to use it on the toa’s vehicles to stop them/slow them down. And he could destroy the Karda Nui village by breaking away the ground if he really wanted to. But you bring up a good point with the vison thing.

1 Like

Speaking of vision, it has been stated that the Kualsi works through telepathy, but it’s risky. Mayhaps the Jutlin is the same?

1 Like