The "Look What I Just Got!" Topic

Excuse my dirty Camera, I work with Hydraulic oil all day

6 Likes

Blood Angel: DIE XENO SCUM! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHA!!

Why is the Angle Bloody? Who did this?

Oh yeah, I’m irresponsible with my money

9 Likes

ooh very nice

I’m so jelly

My parents would not tolerate me buying two items in such a short span

Good buys though. Will Prime be given knees?

3 Likes

Yes, I saw a post on Reddit earlier this week with some added ratchet joints gonna try adding those.

5 Likes

They should have put the Crater baseplates in the Galaxy Explorer set…

1 Like

No, it would have been way to expensive to brick build them with modern parts or even to bring back the old ones which would have not fitted the new look. I think it’s fine.

Well, at least a grey baseplate then…

Fishies:

Also a weeks worth of parts washing:

4 Likes

Nice! Looks like some lovely parts and colours you got there, brought secondhand?

Then people would be complaining about a big hunk of grey. Like the city sets with the new road plates.

This set is aimed at fans who want to display it in their existing setup or even army build in a sense. I’m not trying to argue with you but to me it sits at a good price as is and the designers likely knew that.

5 Likes

Yeah, second-hand. I keep an eye out for good deals on used bulk on FB Marketplace, I’m too broke for all new sets lol.

2 Likes

It’d actually be cheaper to buy the new Galaxy Explorer than pay aftermarket prices for the original.

3 Likes

I believe it, with as popular a line as it was. I’m more familiar with G1 Bionicle than anything else, but I imagine the aftermarket value is comparable to that

4 Likes

The original’s currently valued at about £200 while the new set retails for £90.

1 Like

Got a new Sentai mech yesterday. Figured I’d show it off.

5 Likes

I just ordered that guy myself. Haven’t really caught up on the series but hey they’re finally listening to fans on making the toys toys and not statues.

1 Like

Personally I don’t mind DX mecha with limited articulation. Hell one of my favorite toys period, Sentai or otherwise, is Engine Oh G12. Which is as much of a brick as you can get.

That said, Onitaijin’s articulation as limited as it is, makes the whole thing so much fun to play with.

2 Likes

Bricklink order for my Bio-Cup round one build arrived yesterday, but worried what I have is quite monochrome but the shows not over quite yet.

Also the DeLorean arrived just now but I don’t have the time to open it today :pensive:

5 Likes