The "Look What I Just Got!" Topic

yes

from series 24

5 Likes

How many colors do we have for the classic spacemen?

1 Like

I need that and the robot/riot trooper. They look great!

3 Likes

Let’s see

the original sets gave us

• white
  • red
  • yellow
  • blue
  • black

The ideas exo suit gave us green, but that figure is pretty outdated now due to using the inaccurate helmet piece

A grey spaceman can be constructed using the torso from the rocket costume boy alongside the grey airtanks from classic sets and the grey classic helmet from old knight figures

Benny’s space squad gave us pink

Orange spaceman came in a Lego book

Purple spaceman can be constructed using the torso from the snailien and the helmet and airtanks from the news years parade

Brown spaceman has just been introduced alongside spacebaby

10 Likes

Now we need the reasoning behind the uniform colors. Is it organized by job, such as scientists having the white outfits, commanders wearing black, etc.; or is it something else?

4 Likes

so we have like pretty much all the colors now

nice

2 Likes

According to the original lore, whites are explorers, reds are pilots, yellows are scientists, blues are soldiers/security and blacks are spies

I can only make assumptions for the other colours:

• pink is probably repairs/maintenance judging by the fact that the figure’s accessory is a spanner
  • brown is childcare judging by his accessories
  • greens seem to be mech drivers
  • I’ll say oranges record data or information based on the fact that they’re included in a book
  • purples can be some kind of ambassadors for working with aliens, based on the fact that the torso comes from an alien figure

grey is the only one where I can’t think of anything

Perhaps cadets? Maybe grey is the cadet uniform and a Lego astronaut only gains their own suit colour after completing their training?

8 Likes

I kinda like the gray one being the cadet, that makes sense

2 Likes

image that I found

it’s slightly outdated but it still looks nice

7 Likes

Very cool.

2 Likes

brown sus amogus man?

5 Likes

the pain of conflicting greys

why would the spies deliberately wear black and give themselves completely away

among us

6 Likes

I’ve built one myself and the shade differences aren’t as noticeable as you’d think they’d be

I’ll post pictures when I get home

3 Likes

The spies became Space Police. Look at their original uniforms and compare them with the Valor Squadron uniforms.

3 Likes

here he is

8 Likes

what parts are used on that one?

2 Likes

I bought this as an impulse purchase at target yesterday.

I actually quite enjoyed this set, it was very fun to build.

5 Likes

I might get that one too actually

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to take any photos recently, but I can state most of my recent acquisitions: APC Toys Demonic Wisper, Mei’s Dragon Jet, and several Bricklink Orders.
The one thing I cannot simply state is one of my most desired sets, In fact its one of my Holy Grails:

It’s only missing a pair of brown robot legs and the stickers for the front cockpit.
Strangely, I ended up with some extra pieces. Alas, this set uses 2 lime green hand pieces, and when I was building it, the Curse of Lime Green Plastic took one of them.

6 Likes

Today I went to the mall with two good friends of mine to celebrate my birthday. We saw Puss in Boots: The Last Wish while we were there. And it was absolutely amazing! Easily one of the best movies DreamWorks has put out to date.

And while we were there, I got a pretty solid haul.

First would be the model kits. Couldn’t find an Hg Aerial unfortunately. But I did snag these two for decent prices.

Also got a new charm for my purse. An Earth Kingdom insignia.

We checked out the Bricks and Minifigs, and despite having absolutely zero interest in the new Avatar movie or any of the Avatar Lego sets, something about this big space whale just called to me. And one of my friends agreed to get it for me.

And finally, after I came home, my little brother gave me a couple belated birthday presents.

8 Likes