The Loop: Reawakening discussion and ooc ((signups closed))

no he never stopped working. thats when he started.

1 Like

Second amendment definitely exist in sikkerhed :us::eagle:

No but seriously another I forgot to add, but don’t expect your gun to be more advanced than something like a revolver. so you’re not gonna be cranking any 90’s nor dumping a mag on a man

6 Likes

Then I’m really curious who was pushing him around to begin with :thinking:

I am so happy that I’m too much of a boomer to know what this means

4 Likes

i mean, i could make it a revolver rifle to fit it in.

2 Likes

there are rifles that predate the revolver, I’m just saying that any rifle you have is gonna only hold like one bullet.

5 Likes

Then I am definitely making it a revolver rifle if that’s allowed.

2 Likes

So what you’re thinking of I think is the Colt New Model revolving rifle which was released in 1855, the most advanced gun I’m giving y’all access to is the revolver which was released in 1835 so you have access to literally any gun made before then.

also we don’t people being able to abuse a rifle that you can use to snipe literally everyone from a long distance

6 Likes

Understood

4 Likes

I suppose that effects my character’s Darringer…

Well, I guess it’s one of the precursors to the Darringer, then…

5 Likes

would the pirmet-baucherson revolving rifle be acceptable?

2 Likes

everybody goofy til the lefaucheux 20-round shows up

6 Likes

Actually the derringer is good as the first model of one was in 1825

6 Likes

Name: Adam Crayton (real) / Carson Brunsted (Current Alias)

Equipment: Adam never goes anywhere without his trusty six-shooter (or revolver as most people would call it) and often carries a satchel with a small makeup kit disguised as a book (possibly the holy book of the lucanites), a change of clothes, and anything he might need for a mission. His current mission entails carrying extra ammo, some basic medical supplies like bandages and ointment, and some bread and jerky. The bag itself is also invertible in case he is in need of a quick change of identity and has a hidden compartment with a wig and a fake ID for this other identity. Finally, he has a simple iron watch with a leather strap. He also has a simple wallet where he keeps a little bit of money and his fake ID.

Personality: when he’s himself, Adam is a kind man who takes pride in helping his community and his government. However, he understands that those two things are often at odds with each other, and he often sides with the government, as he thinks that ultimately they have the city’s best interests at heart. He is also a very good method actor, to the point where he sometimes gets lost in his role and forgets who he is, though never his true mission. He has been known to break protocols and disobey orders in order to gain trust with his targets, save missions from failure, or sometimes just to save the lives of others. Due to his line of work, he can never truly trust anybody, and has no true friends or allies. Even the people he works with don’t fully trust him, and none of them really want to be his friend.

As Carson however, he is a free-spirited anarchist who believes the government should be overthrown. He would do anything “for the cause” and is trying to create a subdivision of the watchmakers who are of the same opinion of government overthrow. Despite Carson’s desire to take back power from the government, he’s not a good fighter (although due to his military training, Adam is in fact a very good shot, he has to downplay it for the sake of his role) and has been put on a more humanitarian role as a medic and a resource disperser (hence the medical supplies and food in his bag).

Appearance: Adam is a very generic looking man, not tall enough to stand out of a crowd, but not short enough to be unusual. His hair is short and brown with no distinctive style. He is strong, but not muscly, as he keeps in good shape but tries to keep a “normal” physique. The clothes he wears depend on his mission, but generally he keeps it simple, with dull colored shirts and a pair of jeans. For this operation he wears his basic clothes.

Occupation/Job: Adam is an infiltration agent working for the military. He goes on month- to yearlong operations where he makes a new identity and uses it to integrate with his target demographic. He originally joined the military after his family was killed in an explosion thought to be a terrorist bombing and he had nowhere else to go. Once the military realized he had an incredible talent for acting, they new he had to be an infiltration agent. So far, he has helped in the takedown of at least one criminal organization and other operations such as money laundering from companies. His current mission is to weed out any extremists in the watchmakers and find out the true intentions of the group, along with any other information that the military might find useful. To avoid suspicion, not even the military are allowed to know his secret identity, with the exception of his handler and the highest members.

Trivia: due to his tendency to get lost in his character, he has a reminder phrase inscribed on his watch “do unto others as you would have them do unto you” which not only reminds him of who he is, but also reminds him to help others in need. Also, he is a lucanite.

@N01InParticular hope this works.

3 Likes

Got it. I edited the post to make it more generic.

5 Likes

So any reference to that gun I’m seeing here doesn’t predate 1835 so that gonna be a no, plus don’t know if one of those would be a good idea either as any revolving rifle take like an insane amount of time to reload.

Plus

Infinite meat glitch.

Approved, you played the split personality with jade fairly well so I have confidence you’ll do this well, just let me handle the backstory stuff and we’ll be all good. Pm if you want anything specific done for you handler and we’ll be all good.

7 Likes

Sounds good. Also, no idea why I keep coming up with these split characters for this setting, but hey, I’m glad you think I do a good job at it. Can’t wait for this to start all over again hey, kinda feels like… deja vu, lol

4 Likes

What is a lucanite??

3 Likes

Genuinely forgot about those for a second there so I’ll get to posting about later today

6 Likes

One question on this part, how steampunk are you willing go with this setting this time?
Are stuff like extremely rudimentary mechanical limbs with very limited functionality even remotely plausible with their technology level? (Not as something that’s very common, but a big rarity that very few people have access to)

I’m in the process of repurposing togav Ari- uhhh I mean creating a completely new and original character for this RP and I need this clarification before I go any further with the concept I have in mind

6 Likes

I say pretty middle of the road, however very rudimentary mechanical prosthesis exist, but are mainly gatekeeped by the rich so the general public having one is uncommon but not entirely unheard of

6 Likes