The Loop (RPG)

“Well I might as well follow” he said with a cough and a wheeze

4 Likes

“All right. If you can shed light on this situation, I see no reason not to follow you,” James said.

1 Like

Ryan had been checking notes and not paying attention to the rest of the group. He looked up to ask their opinions on something and saw that they had started to walk away. He was quite far behind by this point, so he hastily shoved his notes into the pockets in his lab coat and ran after them, calling “wait, where are we going?!”

1 Like

“Somewhere we can talk.”

You followed him through the streets until you arrived at a Repair shop right on the edge of the civilian district, smog billowed out of the chimney “Looks like Sean is already at work.” the writer said absently as they unlocked the door and motioned for You to enter. Once inside you suddenly realized what exactly The writer did for a living, they were an inventor. Various shelves were lined with a wide assortment of gadgets. Behind you the door closed with a slam followed by a click. “Now that the doors are locked we can talk. It is safe to remove your masks.” The writer pulls his mask off his head, his neck length light brown hair streaked with gray falls in a mess over his face. The first thing you notice about him is how young he is, you gauge his age to be somewhere in the early twenties.

@Winger @Gx_05 @Thecobaltcorsair @T4k4nuv4 @Eilrach @Atobe_brick @Cordax

8 Likes

(Addressing the mysterious writer) “Have you got a name, lad?”

1 Like

“Alexander Nessuno.” he swept his hair out of his eyes. “You can call me Alex.”

6 Likes

“Ah, pleasure to meet you Alex. You may call me Doctor Agler”

If there are any nearby chairs, Dr. Agler sits down.

Dr. Agler removes his mask and hat. “Now then, what information do you have for us?”

1 Like

there are no chairs in the main room

“We can discuss over Tea.” Alex says as he leads you upstairs into the kitchen and motions for you to sit down at the small table in the middle of the room as he sets some water to boil before running back downstairs to grab something. Within 5 minutes the writer runs back into the kitchen and places a map onto the table and goes back to preparing the tea. Soon he brings some cups and snacks to the table and begins pouring the hot leaf juice into your cups before sitting down at the table. “Ask away.” He says as he tries to fix his neck length hair but alas it’s a losing battle, he seems to come to a compromise with his hair and just wraps it up in white bandana.

@Winger @Gx_05 @Thecobaltcorsair @T4k4nuv4 @Eilrach @Atobe_brick @Cordax

7 Likes

Dr. Agler accepts the tea, but doesn’t drink any.

1 Like

James was the first to ask a question, though he assumed everyone was wondering about the same thing. “So, what do you know about whatever it is that’s happening to everyone?” he asked.

1 Like

“You’ve been having severe Déjà vu correct?” he said Flicking his Jumpsuit’s zipper.

7 Likes

“Yes… I’m guessing by your asking that it has something to do with what’s happening?”

1 Like

“Unfortunately yes.” he looked around as if checking for some kind of invisible intruder. “But you have to promise not to call me crazy.”

6 Likes

“Go on…” James said, intrigued.

2 Likes

“We’re trapped in a time loop.” your host looked at the confused maybe even shocked faces of your companions. ” For the uninformed a time loop is when- well a visual interpretation might work better.” Alex grabbed a piece of paper and drew a line “this line represents time, linear uninterruptible, clear beginning and end. Now.” he erased the middle of the line and drew a circle in its place.
“This circle represents the time loop; notice how it’s not connected to the line or time itself; it’s a bubble well we’re trapped in this bubble.” Alexander finished as he took a sip of his tea he didn’t seem to care if you understood what the hell he just said in the slightest.

7 Likes

Dr. Agler takes a moment to think

"Well if that’s the case, I still have many questions. How did we get into this ‘bubble,’ and why were we (gesturing to the rest of the group) the only ones to have noticed it?

1 Like

Adele sits, but does not accept any of the food.

“So wait. If it’s a loop, does it - and so any actions we take within it - reset? And why are we the only ones that are cognizant of it? And what does any of this even have to do with us? And by the way, who even are you?”

2 Likes

Austin eats the food quickly, as he had not had much to eat the last couple of days.

Do you know what caused the loop? I don’t know about the rest of you, but I know that something like this never just happens.

1 Like

“To be completely honest I think we’re being allowed to be aware.”

On February 14th I intercepted a signal and sent out letters to gather a team to research and track down its source.

“Last reset We traveled to the docks in search of the signals origin and This Thing “Boarded” the sanctuary and started wrecking anything and everything in sight.

Nessuno placed a crude drawing onto the table, it was strange looking to say the least the sketch says It’s 21 meters tall with a wingspan that was easily twice that. You’re surprised it even functions, if you had so much as glanced at the technology used to keep the city afloat you might recognize how similar this looked to the Before’s technology.

“We Tried to stop it but…” your host shivered “It killed all of us."

“I’m certain this Thing is the cause.”

8 Likes

Again, Dr. Agler takes some time to think.

"This all seems very… unusual, almost unbelievable to me, and well, to be frank, I still have a million inquiries. But I’ll trust you. To address the elephant in the room, however…

How do we destroy the loop?"

1 Like