The Loop (RPG)

Prompt/ introduction: You awake in your bed The clock on your left says it’s 9:32 am. you can vaguely remember what happened last night, or did that happen? You risk a glance at your wrist on it are three lines, the Roman numeral for 3. Suddenly memories come flooding back to you. “I died.” You manage to stutter out your aching body seems to confirm this. There’s a letter stuck in the mail flap. You decide to open it, the letter reads “Meet me in the town square at 10:00 am if you want answers.”
You decide to heed the letter’s advice. You throw on your jumpsuit and affix a Mask to your face and prepare to leave, upon opening your door you breathe in your mask filtering the polluted air of this floating city. Furthermore, you hear the sound of machinery whirring away and your fellow humans at work. You can’t help but feel an overwhelming sense of Déjà vu as if you’re trapped in a time loop that only you seem to be aware of.

You walk into Town square in the middle of the street is a fountain where 6 others have gathered in each of their hands are letters eerily similar to yours. Furthermore, you feel that introducing yourself to them is the best course of action.
@TheCobaltCorsair @T4k4nuv4 @Atobe_Brick @Winger @GX_05 @Cordax
@Eilrach

10 Likes

“Uhm, he… hello?” Ryan says quietly. Then he clears his throat. “Hello, I’m Ryan Ura.” He says more confidently this time, though still with a bit of shake to his voice.

2 Likes

“I see that I’m not the only one to notice what’s going on,” James said. “My name is James Edwards.”

1 Like

A tall man with a cane and top hat arrives in Town Square. His face is mostly obscured by his gas mask.

“Ah, so I wasn’t the only one after all” he says softly but audibly to those nearest to him.

Moving his cane from his left hand to his right (on which he wears a brass/leather glove), he reaches out to shake everyone’s hand and introduce himself.

“Hello everyone, the name’s Dr. Agler. T’is nice to meet you all.”

2 Likes

Ryan looks warily at his hand. “Nice to meet you” he says to the two figures who introduced themselves, ignoring doctor Alger’s attempt at a hand shake

2 Likes

A leanly built woman steps forward to reciprocate.

“I’m Adele. Does anyone know what the hell is going on here?”

3 Likes

Unlike Ryan, James did shake the man’s hand. “Pleased to meet you, Doctor,” he said.

3 Likes

“Um… hello, I guess” The young man said. He wasn’t very fancily and even if he had a bag he had some flyers under his arm. He shook the doctor’s hand “I’m George, inventor and repair man”. He paused “so… nobody knows why we are here?” He asked the others.

2 Likes

“Obviously someone wants to meet us.” She holds up the letter. “Did any of you send these?”

4 Likes

“I didn’t,” James said. “I suspect the letters also have something to do with… whatever it is that’s been happening to us.”

1 Like

“Or, you know, the rest of the city. You could actually look at it as us being the only ones it isn’t happening to. Whatever it is.” She said, scanning the town square.

3 Likes

“Perhaps, but something is still affecting us nonetheless, albeit in a different manner than the rest of the city,” he said. “I, for one, am curious about why we are the only ones to notice what’s happening…”

2 Likes

David wandered through his way through the streets he looked down at his watch, ‘10:02’, “blast I’m late” David muttered to himself as he approached the town square. He walks in just as James finishes his sentence.

3 Likes

Austin walks to the group. “Hello” he says, showing no emotion.

1 Like

“Good you’re all here.” a stranger says relief filling his voice as they walk up to the group, he wore a faded blue jumpsuit and smelled of smoke, attached to his belt were various tools. The only features you could make out about the person who you assumed wrote the letters was his deep blue eyes studying you through scratched goggles. “You want answers? Follow me.” the writer as you decided to call him, motioned for you to follow him, on his right hand you could make out a faded III.
@Winger @Gx_05 @Thecobaltcorsair @T4k4nuv4 @Eilrach @Atobe_brick @Cordax

6 Likes

“I guess I’ll go with you” Austin replies. “I don’t really have anything else to do” he mutters under his breath.

1 Like

“Wait a minute, who are you? This could just be a trap.” Adele said, taking a step backwards.

2 Likes

“A Friend- well its more complicated than that. I promise I’ll explain everything, but not here too many-” he gestured to the various civilians “I believe the saying is Too many ears in the cornfield.

6 Likes

“Well, I’ll certainly be going with this kind fellow here. Besides, it looks like some of us here are armed, so if worse comes to worst, I think we’ll be just fine, ay?”

3 Likes

Adele swore, but followed the group without further complain.

2 Likes