The Loop (RPG)

"Burst the bubble, so to speak?

“If the ‘Thing’ as you call it causes the loop, would destroying it do the job? It will it just reset again?”

3 Likes

“Wait I don’t get it, we are in side the bubble of space and time thing which means we’re not on the ‘timeline’ is that right?” David called out from the back of the room

5 Likes

Alexander laughed “I don’t know, but it’s the first lead we’ve had in days.” he took a bite of a cracker "As for the thing’s name I’ve dubbed it the colossus.

“As far as we know.”

7 Likes

“So does that mean that if we were able to get out of the bubble, it would be like it never even happened?”

2 Likes

“Is there anything else you know about this ‘Colossus’?”

“I believe.”

“It can fire beams from its eyes and if you can’t tell from Its wings it can fly.”

7 Likes

“So when does this ‘loop’ reset?” David called out from the back of the room

3 Likes

“10:35 pm”

7 Likes

As soon as Alex mentioned the time loop, Ryan had started scribbling furiously. When he saw the colossus. He scribbled even more furiously. Then he pulled out his notes and started comparing, taking a sip of tea and a bite of a cracker

At the mention of 10:35, he wrote that down

1 Like

"So …

“Have we been through this before? Like, in previous loops? Did I die?”

3 Likes

“Three times.”

8 Likes

Ryan heard this and wrote some more down, then raised his hand

1 Like

“Yes?”

6 Likes

“Well, first off, I recognize several of these components on your chart about this colossus, and second, have you noticed these time loops getting shorter per chance, or is it always 10:35?”

1 Like

“I know.” he paused “You told me last reset.”

“always 10:35”

6 Likes

“So how come you seem to remember previous resets clearly, but everything is fuzzy for us? Or at least it is for me.”

2 Likes

“I…Don’t know.” Alexander answered, but you could tell that he too was doubtful of that answer.

8 Likes

“Correct me if I’m wrong. We’ve done all of this before, multiple times, and every single time, we all died trying to stop this Colossus? If this is the case, the only logical solution would be to do something different.” James said. “Of course, that would rely on remembering what we already tried…”

2 Likes

“Last time or last three times?”

2 Likes

“What do you have to do with all this? You just intercepted a signal by chance?”

4 Likes