The most frustrating toy you've ever bought

“Moon Sand, the Sand that you can Mold”.
Turns out it actually doesn’t mold well, collapses after a bit, and got little bits of moon san stuck in my kitchen table’s cracks for years.

What?
I don’t get how that makes them a frustrating toy…
If anything, the reason they would be frustrating is as a child, I bought like $200 worth of them impulsively after being inspired by the displays in the comic book shop, only to find I didn’t have the materials to put them together.
GW is actually setting up a more kid-friendly release of models that come with all the rules, no need for glue, and with clippers called “battle for Vedros”, and it seems like a good idea.

2 Likes

And that is the difference five months under the new CEO makes.

All hail Kevin, savior of GW.

1 Like

Lego wise, the Exo Force Shadow Crawler…it looked so cool. But it comitted the ultimate evil of being made of 2008 Lime and the technic elements all broke, several times. :frowning:

Non lego, I have been super frustrated with the new Jurassic World lines…blatant lack of play functions, so many bad design choices…so much inaccuracy. Incredibly sad to see Hasbro compromising their products for quick bucks.

1 Like

Nanoblocks are really frustrating for me. The pieces are so tiny and that is not a good thing for a person with large hands

2 Likes

Transformers Generations Rattrap. That guy is a pain in the neck to transform, hence why in my house he always stays in robot mode.

1 Like

For the longest time, this was Makuta for me…cause parents thing every Bionicle robot is the same when buying them.

2 Likes

When Bakugan was really big a couple of years back (2013, maybe?)
I got this thing for christmas
And me and my friends almost killed each other trying to make this thing lol

6 Likes

That was like, 20010/11.

I have that thing too.
Was it really difficult?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was big in 2009. Unless my friend and I were just into it before it became mainstream.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think your right.

I think 2011 might have been it’s final year, where it saw a rapid decline…

1 Like

Bakugan went from 2009 to 2013, the reboot Bakutech went from 2012 to 2013, and Bakutech Gachi started and ended in 2013.

1 Like

I didn’t even know that was a thing.

I just remember me and my friends loosing interest by 2012, and then I guess I just stopped seeing them…

I lost interest after about 5 months. I just Wikipedia-ed this stuff.

1 Like

Oh yeah, probably 2011. Yes, it was very frustrating to put together lol

I own it and never found it that hard.

Maybe it was just yours?

1 Like

Mine was probably defective or one of the parts broke. I also think I had the versions with the cheaper plastic, but I couldn’t find an image of it.

1 Like

Same with me…

1 Like

It happened years ago, when I was 5 or so. My dad got me an awesome rc car that was really really small (about 1.5x2) When I opened it out of it’s box, I added batterys and started to drive it. After that day, I never saw it again

The most frustrating toys I’ve ever bought were probably the Lego Exo Force. They kept breaking every time I moved them around and actually tried to play with them :angry:.

2 Likes