The Mystical Emerald-Man (Comic Book)

Unfortunately I’m going to have to seize making this comic. Life has just gotten too hard as of late with the job, money, etc. to balance completely devoting to this comic book. I hope everyone understands, and I hope everyone enjoyed it while it lasted.

7 Likes

You gotta do you, Cronk. If you ever do find the time to carry on with it, we’ll be here waiting for ya

5 Likes

Check the date

6 Likes

I’m gonna start drinking now

9 Likes

wekua fr fr

7 Likes

I realized I should have posted an update.

Pages coming along slowly, just finished the storyboarding process and now trying to make the proper interiors.

7 Likes

So an update on development. It has been slow, mostly because I have been trying to negotiate with an old friend to see if he wants to assist in coloring this comic. I sent him some pages, and I am going to see if I prefer his coloring style.

This may potentially cut down production time for me. We shall see.

5 Likes

Up and Coming Protégé Joins Nexus Technologies’ Team

By Carl Waxer - September 2021

Nexus Technologies welcomes a new member onto their team: the 20-year-old Megan Matter, a doctorate student in physics from Olympia University. She is the daughter of the wealthy Matter family, who have previously funded scientific research within the state of Washington.

Born and raised in Walla Walla, Washington, Megan showed her intellectual potential at the very young age of 6 when she turned her parents’ kitchen into a chemistry laboratory while they were off on a business trip. She reportedly terrified her babysitter when she spilled sulfuric acid onto the ground.

She graduated from High School at the age of 12, and quickly moved onto Olympia University where she began to study theoretical physics. “I was interested in the principles of space-time,” Matter has stated. “Stephen Hawking was a great inspiration for me as a child. I have read all of his books on black holes, wormholes, and other interstellar theories about the relativity between time and space.”

She laughed about her experiences in college. “Being a 13-year-old in that environment was certainly different. To think, so many people much older than me struggled to grasp concepts that came easily to me. I thought, ‘truly I am surrounded by morons.’”

“It was unfortunately hard to cope with their authority. Truth be told, I didn’t think any of my peers or professors truly could understand me. So, I worked around that, and worked hard. I proved myself to all of them, that I was smarter than they could imagine, and now I am truly reaping the rewards.”

K-Intune asked Dr. Matter what she planned to do when starting her job at Nexus Laboratories. “It is probably too hard for you to grasp, but in theory, one can separate the relativity between space and time. To circumvent it. It is, after all, actually quite flexible. If it can be breached, it can lead to potentially allowing humanity to travel great distances in seconds, or even change our physicals limitations.”

Director Jacob Enoch has stated he is excited to have Dr. Matter join their team, and that new projects will be coming along soon.

7 Likes

proof that I am working on this

also streaming rn!

Edit: For those who missed the stream, a timelapse:

7 Likes

I am close to finishing issue 4. Just have two more pages to go! In the meantime, here are some previews.

6 Likes

Issue 4, “the Big Bang”, is out!

Let me know what you guys think! I am still answering fan mail if there is any!

6 Likes

Dwarn is the unsung hero because he defeated Ms. Matter with a scathing honesty

It’s likely this observation is consistent with the other issues of the comic but I noticed and was particularly impressed by the facial expressions. Particularly Carolina’s expressions in the restaurant and Megan’s after Seth Dwarn roasts her in the most professional way

Also I’m fascinated by the notion of transpositing space itself and I want to build this thing in my garage now

6 Likes

Please do not build it in your garage it will probably just cause an explosion

5 Likes

Frown

6 Likes

here’s my question: would folks be interested in a patreon, ko-fi, or something for this project? I dunno if I could share that on the boards (since I’m not a master) but would folks support such a thing?

4 Likes

Working on issue 5, do not worry. Did my usual few days off, but the storyboard was done, now I am doing the linework and digitals. This next issue should be a doozy; I anticipate a lot of questions will be raised for certain.

I also got that Kofi and Patreon up and running. You can find links to them on GlobalComix and Webtoons, as I don’t want to promote here. (They will be on my creator pages.)

6 Likes

Who wants some previews as I hit the half-way point?

8 Likes

Felt this would be a little fun behind the scenes look for how this comic was made.

4 Likes

Part 2. May have some religious discussion in it, so be warned.

3 Likes

That is amazing! I love reading the reasoning behind an author’s work, and this was particularly great. It’s good to see someone who can combine such concepts seamlessly in a story. I hope that your story will continue in its success!

4 Likes