The Mystical Emerald-Man (Comic Book)

One more of these.

4 Likes

Almost there with the comic. I hope to release it by the end of the week. Just a few more pages to be done. Stay tuned!

5 Likes

7 Likes

Well looks like I finished it, again!

Lemme know what you guys think!

5 Likes

Working on issue 6 now. I do have a question for folks however.

Would you prefer:
-An episode following up on the ending of this last issue
-A halloween special

Also what did you guys think of the latest issue? I’m surprised nobody has mentioned anything about it here!

3 Likes

I highly enjoyed the last issue. It was nice seeing Emerald-Man fighting in a classic comic-book setting, as well as having the wraith villain show up at the end. I hope that you will continue writing these, because they are done quite well. These wouldn’t be out of place with other golden-age comics. Great work!

3 Likes

Who wants to join a community discord? I will PM folks who do. Just respond or PM me.

4 Likes

Just got a minute to sit down and give the latest issue a proper read

Cronk you’re breaking my heart I was rooting for those two :weary: but seeing the rogues gallery open up like this is a lot of fun, and Barnes is clearly becoming more confident as the Emerald Man, which is a nice development. I also enjoyed seeing him harness the wind; cool to see him exercise a variety in his abilities.

As concerns the artwork, I think what takes the cake for me this issue is the variety of Ms. Matter’s form. The scene in which Emerald Man punches her into shards, and she’s only just broken up in the frame you illustrated, with the shards still largely holding the outline of a human body is my favorite. Unmoving image and it effectively conveys sudden and rapid change; I can connect with both the human form and fragmented form at the same time. Really cool.

5 Likes

It was a very fun page to draw that is for sure.

3 Likes

talking about the behind-the-scenes for this comic

5 Likes

Ooh neat! I can’t wait for the next issue!

3 Likes

Working on issue 6. Rough draft was finished a while ago, undergoing the inking and colors now. Hope to release sometime mid-September. Since nobody responded to the question of a halloween special earlier, I am forgoing it and continuing with the plot at hand. That doesn’t mean there will not be spooky stuff in it anyways.

5 Likes

5th Annual Spring Gala to be hosted by Dr. John Keller

By Ben Stark - March 15th, 2022

The fifth annual Spring Gala is being hosted in the Oregon Convention Center, in the Lloyd district, being sponsored by Dr. John Keller. Dr. Keller has been a long time associate with the center and the Keller Medical Center and Advanced Medical Solutions, donating his profits to host this event for the last five years.

John Keller is known for opening more than a dozen hospitals in the states of Oregon and Washington. In 1982, he opened the Keller Medical Center, his first hospital. “As a doctor, I saw how many patients just could not afford good healthcare. I wanted good healthcare to be available to Oregonians,” he said. “So many options were so expensive for the elderly and needy, particularly with insurance. I wanted to provide a way to have people get the medicine they needed.”

Keller and his associates, Horace Palmer and Jacob Light, also opened Advanced Medical Solutions in 1999, a medicine laboratory that has extended their services across the pacific northwest. With the proceeds, they have sponsored local sports teams and the aforementioned Portland Annual Spring Gala.

The Spring Gala opens on March 30th.

5 Likes

oh boy the annual spring gala

I sure hope nothing nefarious or supervillain-esqe occurs there

6 Likes

Sorry for a lack of updates, I must admit I have been running behind on this comic as of late. (I failed to realize just how busy August is as a month despite no holidays.) However, enough is completed to give a small preview.

6 Likes

he just like me fr fr

4 Likes

ok fine one more preview. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Advanced Medical Solutions ousts quack chemist

By Katie Ellen - March 6th, 2022

Advanced Medical Solutions has announced that they are letting go of one of their more controversial team members. Kevin O’Reilly, who recently came under fire for his unethical practices, has been laid off by the top staff, and is currently undergoing criminal charges for his behavior.

Dr. Kevin O’Reilly was initially hired five years ago as a promising purveyor of medical chemistry. For example, he was the team’s leader in creating the vaccine for the FR-20 virus that swept the country back in 2018. However, his efforts came under criticism after it was discovered he was using unapproved human testing. Advanced Medical Solutions also claims he was utilizing non-FDA approved chemicals in his work.

Dr. O’Reilly had disputed all of these claims. “Many have called me a quack for my research. That is what they call anyone who works against conventional medical knowledge. Too many in the field have been stifled because of this. We could be changing the lives of people, finding cures for debilitating diseases, but instead AMS is concerned with profit.”

John Keller, the founder of Advanced Medical Solutions, disagrees with O’Reilly and has found him to be a fraud. “Everything he has been cited with for his successes was due to others on his team. May I mention Henry Odonata, our leading biologist, was the one who came up with the proper solution for the FR-20 vaccine? O’Reilly was merely the leader of the team.”

“Kevin concerns me,” Odonata said in a statement to K-Intune News. “When he began on the team, he was a great guy and, in my opinion, absolutely brilliant. However, when these controversies came out, he became more quiet. More reserved. He began to refuse to talk to people, working alone in the lab. I guess it was his way to work off stress.”

“But he could easily try something. I think Keller, and the other heads of AMS, need to be careful dragging a man like him through the mud. Kevin is intelligent; I have seen what happens to men like him when they have had enough.”

As of this report, O’Reilly is undergoing criminal charges for misconduct and malpractice at the Seattle Police Department, nearby where the Advanced Medical Solutions headquarters is.

O’Reilly escapes Police Custody, Manhunt begins down the I-5 Corridor

By Katie Ellen - March 10th, 2022

On March 9th, the Seattle Police Department arrested Dr. Kevin O’Reilly, prominent medicinal chemist for Advanced Medical Solutions, on charges of medical misconduct and malpractice. During transfer, however, the car O’Reilly was riding was suddenly filled with gas, and the two policemen who were driving became slowly unconscious as the car landed into a ditch.

Street cameras reportedly saw O’Reilly exit the vehicle with a brief case, a gas mask, and one of the policemen’s guns. He made his way down the street where he was picked up by a vehicle without a license plate, which drove south down I-5.

The vehicle apparently intercepted a CDC transport vehicle, where a robbery took place and the security men were shot dead by the drivers. O’Reilly and the other assailants stole the vehicle and began to drive further south, where further reports of them went cold. The original vehicle has been discovered, but the whereabouts of O’Reilly, and the transported items on the truck, are currently unknown.

The Seattle Police Department is asking for any witnesses to the crime to come forward. A manhunt has begun down the I-5 Corridor, with state police getting involved looking for O’Reilly. Police ask citizens to be careful, as O’Reilly is considered armed and dangerous.

If you have a tip for the SPD on the whereabouts of Kevin O’Reilly, you can contact them through the link below.

5 Likes

stream happening now!

6 Likes

No time to join, but to keep the discussion going, what kind of software do you use for your comic?

6 Likes