The Nexo Knights Topic

I think Spiderella is a better name than this.

I guess someone at LEGO might be a fan of a movie with a same name.

Mah

Better name than Furno.

Yeah they combined Lava and Maria into one.

I think Beast Master and Lavaria all look a little too similar in design. Iā€™m guessing they are going to be related or something due to the idea of them both seeming to attack the same location. Possibly brother and sister generals?

Is there actually any information about who or what the book really is? Feel that might be important

Stop before it starts. Not a discussion Iā€™m interested in seeing here.

3 Likes

Yeah, it probably wasnā€™t the best point to bring up.

What kind of hairpiece is on Whiperalla? I swear Iā€™ve seen it before, but I canā€™t remember when.

I canā€™t get a good enough look at it to tell.

Yeah, removed it so it doesnā€™t start anything

Is it even a hair piece? It looks kind of like the pirate hats on the left;

1 Like

Now I donā€™t want to be a whiny little brat because honestly these dudes are awesome butā€¦ Why do I see the polygons that make up her arms? And why is the lighting, again, so weird here?

3 Likes

Mouldron is really the only name I find remotely clever.

Interestingly enough, it seems that over half of the new villains in this list are girls, which took long enough. Seriously, Ninjago had Nya as pretty much the only female character who actually mattered for pretty much all of G1, and Bionicle was little better.
On a side note, the book of fear is an interesting development.

Huh, so there is a desert in knighton, with one lonely cottage. Itā€™s gonna take away from that medieval feel when it comes up, thatā€™s for sure.

No one can say that, because we dont know anything about it yet. However, names doesnā€™t make something better than another. Sure Nexo Knights may have weird sounding names, but if Nexo Knights does have a story better than Chimaā€™s, then it will be better, cheesy names or not. In terms of Nexo Knights success, it likely will sell better than Chima. Chima failed with one very important aspect, collectibles. Having identical, do the same stuff collectibles was not the way to go. As Bionicle and Ninjago have proven, collectibles that affect each characters specifically and provide unique uses story wise (although jade blades, Aero blades and Techno blades didnā€™t do that) are the most effective at drawing kids in. Nexo Knights will have that but of what seems to be of far greater quality. So, while story wise it might not end up being great, or actleast how its executed, set wise it should exceed expectations. Itā€™s kinda like Bionicle was with those Nexo powers.

1 Like

The reaction i am expectin the children and the adults will have when they first hear that name said in the TV series:

which also makes me want to ask the question ofā€¦ WHY? why is the land this take place in called Knightopia? This just baffels me, because people say that this is better than Chima, but you know what? Chima is a much better name for a place than the basic ā€œcombine word with utopiaā€ word play.

What was the king that founded this land drunk/high when he named this place?

3 Likes

Nexo Knights is beginning to remind me of He-Man now.

and if none of you have seen He-Man before:

1 Like

I count 2 out of 5 lava villains being women, 2 out of six if you count jestro

No, no, the Nexo Knights site says that Flama, Whiparella, and Lavaria are definitely referred to as being female. Thatā€™s half if you count Jestro. Oddly, the site appears different now, and now I can only see beast master, Lavaria, and Jestro. Weird.

Maybe they stuck them on there a bit too early.

I guess the idea was to reveal the generals as the episodes progress - each time revealing a new character after the episode so you could go online and find out more.

This spread is brought to you by EB user dannallcorn!

Release date is December 26, just after Christmas.

4 Likes

from the names, i have realised that Nexo Knights will be even more Goffy than what people called Chima. I mean they have gone all for this it seems, its more like a cartoon from the old days, the names for the kingdom and the characters are pun based, i can understand Jestro, because its sounds more like a twisted name on jester.

2 Likes

Somebody is going to die tonight.

6 Likes