The Nexo Knights Topic

For my fellow Ninjago Fans

The King’s Mech is as tall as the Titan Mech’s shoulder guns

Additionally, it is just as, if not more bulky

However, it has greater articulation, such as the knees.

And they work out beautifully.

3 Likes

Really really loving Nexo Knights. Free intro pack for any legoshop.com purchase right now.

@Alex_Twenty_Two No smartphone?

Edited for Double Post.
~Chronicler

1 Like

So I just had an amusing thought

It took Ninjago till 2014 to have three recurring female characters.

Till 2015 to have all of them represented in minifig form.

There’s Nya, whose main “gimmick” as it were is being the female member of the main team of heroes

There’s Pixal, whose gimmick is being based around technology

And there’s Misako, whose whole deal(aside from her status as a history buff) is that she serves as an expositor/side mentor and is(was) in a relationship with another of the show’s older side characters.

Looking at Nexo Knights, we have

Macy, the female member of the main team of heroes

Ava, whose whole character revolves around technology

and there’s Queen Halbert, who while not filling quite the same role as Misako(so far) is basically close enough.

Nothing earthshattering, I just found it amusing.

3 Likes

Ive gotten hardcore into Nexo Knights, since I am already into Ninjago.
I am going to Sicily in a month, so il try to pick up as many sets as I can
Fortrex and Clays rumble blade are my top pick

whose whole character revolves around doing everything for the team

2 Likes

Yes.

I forgot to mention this before

While Clay and Macy do things/say they’ll do things

Ava’s the only one proactive

the knights only do things when provoked

Whereas Ava’s making an active effort to do productive and useful things all on her own.

1 Like

I really hope this changes soon
I assume by episode 3 the knights will get their vehicles n stuff
I do want lance to stop being the worst character though

1 Like

I’ve made this rant on Skype before

But I figure I’ll make it here to just sorta get my thoughts out there.

Okay, so

the name Lance

Obviously, it’s derived from his weapon.

However, it’d be foolish to deny its further basis in Arthurian lore.

Now, I ain’t no historian, but I have been a part of and also seen the play Camelot.

And the knight Lancelot did indeed have an ego.

But it wasn’t because he was the richest knight, or the best looking knight.

It was because he felt he was the purest, noblest, and simply the best knight, by far.(only to be humbled by his own “corruption,” having fallen in love with Arthur’s wife, y’know the drill, but that’s irrelevant)

Now obviously, Lance is his own character, and it’d be stupid to say he should slavishly follow the Arthurian lore would be dumb.

But I think making his character more akin to Lancelot over this shallow rich boy schtick would’ve made a far more likable character.

5 Likes

I think the idea Lego is going for is to have Clay and Lance play off each other comically since they’re very much opposites; Clay the hardworking Country boy vs Lance the lazy rich kid.

You can have comedic foils and not have one of them being unbearably bothersome.

1 Like

I also like to think the writers may have laid it on a little think given it was the pilot for the series.

Edit: And in the mini-sodes too. Well still don’t know how the series will go week to week since most of what we have right now is promo and establishing material.

Moved Topic ~Plural

I think Nexo Knights is an okay-ish theme, for what we have seen so far.
The story however is bad, really bad. Someone turned evil and a group of new heroes fighting him. (Remind you of something?)

The sets however are good nice playability, good detail on vehicles and figures.
The ultimate sets I do think are too expensive!

Overall I think it will be a good replacement for Chima.

1 Like

A classic story of good vs evil that’s been around for literal ages?

4 Likes

Well, let’s be serious here; his last name is Richmond. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May I comment on how Lance’s weapon is a glorified epee. And how he does nothing with it except whack people around in a useless manner. He never uses it properly.

1 Like

It is a lance, not a spear

Stop throwing it like it is one.

It is a lance, not a sword.

Stop swinging it like it is one

It is a lance

thrust, stab, and impale like it is one.

10 Likes

nope.

Maybe ultimate Axel.

This guy looks great. I do want that head. I guess he’ll come in the big volcano fortress set, if there definitely is one.

3 Likes

Most likely. With Axl’s upper torso build I wonder how many transparent parts his Ultimate form will have. I hope it I just hope his upper body doesn’t become a glowing mass.

In other news the Nexo Knight site has updated with new character pages.

Burnzie

Flama

Whiparella

General Magmar

yeah, from this guys name and appearance i have a fealing that he will make my past theory of the story line of Jestro being replaced as the main bad guy with this guy.

i mean we have seen Jestro not being as evil as the book of monsters have hoped, so there is the possibility that General Magmar will take Jestro’s place as leader of the monsters.

maybe even in the summer wave.

and… wait?.. im a bit confused now… in the app game, i remember that Moltor called Flama a he instead of a she, also on Flama’s character info page, they use the name Mouldron again… even though Moltor is not called that in the sets…

what is going on here? is there some miss communication going on here?

another thing, on Lavaria’s character page, there is something that i find to be really weird:

This silent warrior can steal everything except what she truly wishes for – a kiss from her wicked master.

…d…does Lavaria have a crush on Jestro?.. Infact that part actualy made me rethink what this image from the character page meant other than Jestro possibly saying “i like this plan