The Next Original Theme

Okay so a simple question for the masses, assume lego were to begin making new original story/premise based themes (ala 90’s-2000’s Lego), what would you like to see brought back, re-imagined, or made brand new, not based on anything prior. (negative points for saying Bio G3)

For me, I’d like to see Space Police 4, or perhaps a new round of Castle brought back. Simply because it would satisfy both older and newer fans, without having to fill story points.

I’d love to see Exo-force re-imagined. Give us the same general premise and characters, but a redone story, and more solid mechs with modern building techniques. (And for the love of god give them knees lego) Not to mention, with the growing prevalence of anime and Japanese culture, I can see exo-force and all it’s anime-like over-the-top style doing much better now than it did 12-14 years ago. (Gosh has it really been that long?)

As for brand new, i’d love to see more “Planetary Romance” (A sci-fi genre for those unfamiliar) style themes.

Lego has courted this sub-genere before with Ice-Planet 2002, Rock-Raiders (sorta), as well as the Mars themes. (One could argue Chima and Bionicle as well). I’d love for lego go whole hog and make a fully environmentally-based (by which I mean the world has a significant role in the story) space theme, with various environmental set pieces, not to out-of-place from early Pirates and Adventurers in terms of set type and scale. Lots of location/small vehicle combos, with some bigger locations and vehicles thrown in.

However, tell me what you’d like!

3 Likes

Lego Dune 2022.

I’m sure they can just buy it and make it original or something :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I mean… Dune (at least, the first one) is considered Planetary Romance, so I’m down for that.

2 Likes

LEGO seems to like making themes that focus on a specific ancient culture mixed with modern technological elements. Ninjago, Nexo Knights, Chima, and Monkie Kid all did/do this.

I could see them mixing sci-fi with the ancient Incan, Aztecan, and Mayan civilizations. I think that it would be cool to see their mythology, architecture, and art incorporated into futuristic vehicles, structures, and characters. Maybe it would be called, “Aztecha.” (Azteca, but with tech)

2 Likes

Jaguar-Warrior mech? The Unstoppable march of the Inca armies? I’m down for that.

Or maybe something from eastern Europe? Robotic Winged hussars?

3 Likes

Earlier this week, Lego released a teaser for a new fantasy theme in 2021. I would like to think that it’s another Castle theme, but we won’t know for sure until next year.

1 Like

They did? Le link?

4 Likes

I’d agree with wanting a reimagining of exo-force, but I’d also love a retelling of knight’s kingdom ||

2 Likes

WHAT?! ME NEED LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG2uWrjJ3p3/

It’s a pretty vague description, but it still left me curious.

2 Likes

hmmm… What if this is hinting at the first world-builder theme? One of the most popular worlds on that site was fantasy themed.

1 Like

It’s interesting but I have one question, who is this guy that’s posted this, and what is his track record?

3 Likes

20 bucks says it’s about dragons. The emphasis on “flight” and “epic battles” makes me think that’s what this is about.

No way it’s happening that quickly.

2 Likes

Please lego, just let them have knees and not be sci-fi.

I want to make some Anne Mccaffery MOCs.

1 Like

kinda reminds me of elves? I’m very interested to see where this will go.

it’s nice to know that we’ll be getting a new original theme to replace hidden side now that it’s been axed.
(monkie kid doesn’t really fill that role since you can’t get the sets outside of china without buying directly from LEGO)

2 Likes

Hus username is 1414falconfan. And he’s proved himself to be a reliable source.

1 Like

I mean what has he released before that was proven true? I’d like examples.

2 Likes

He posts reports about upcoming Lego set releases. And everything he’s said has turned out to be true.

1 Like