The Official Lego Club Topic

Man, I finally got my Lego Club magazine back! (Gee, what good timing, too! Now I can read comics for BIONICLE 2015!) So I decided to make a topic on the Lego Club!

How many of us get Lego Club magazine, and how much do you love it (or hate it)? This is the place to discuss it!

5 Likes

I have a collection of magazines from over 10 years. I got my first one when I fully got into LEGO in Christmas 2003, subsequently lost most of the next few magazines, and presently have an entire bin full of them.

1 Like

I’ve got many LEGO Magazines dating back to 2003. I don’t have any from the past couple years though. I may not be able to renew my subscription if the rumors about the proposed age limit are true.

1 Like

I just can’t wait until I can read upcoming issues!

1 Like

I used to get it 2009-2012, only just started up again now hoping for Bionicle 2015 news. I don’t think I missed much.

1 Like

Dunno where mine went, but I still have all my Ignition Onward comics from them.

1 Like

I love that it has great content, but I HATE that it has s**tty content for european readers: just pictures of sets and random text over them. You guys in the us are pretty lucky folks, and also that the club mata(haha!)zine came to my country just last year.

2 Likes

I got my first one in 04 or 05 (can’t remember) but the’ve stopped coming for me, and I’ve been to lazy to get Lego to send them to me again. (Well, my brother does recieve them still, so I read them then). I love it though, well now that I can go on the TTV forums there’s no real use of it for me, but I like it for the comics. ~Pyrox

1 Like

I know how you feel. The Australia/New Zealand version is pretty lacklustre in terms of content and it costs $20. I’m not sure if there is an age restriction, but it seems like it since I mysteriously stopped receiving it a few years ago after I turned 14. Also, Finland only got it last year? I would have assumed there was a Finnish version considering Lego is a Danish company.

3 Likes

Well as of next year, everyone over 13’s subscription will be cancelled…

To be honest I don’t read it anymore. It’s gotten very childish and ad-filled.

As for earlier issues, they’re pretty good, but it quickly degraded.

3 Likes

Thats what I was thinking forever since 05, but its ironic that the surrounding countries (sweden, norway, russia) have had it for ages.

1 Like

I’m 15 and they allowed me to get more magazines. :smiley:

Nothing is impossible.

1 Like

What were the secrets?

Or is it like the sets themselves, where there’s a recommended age but no actual restrictions?

1 Like

I’m talking about next year. Did you contact them and ask or something? I’d like to know.

No. I just signed up again. Although, that was a year ago, when I was 14, so I dunno what else to make of it.

Ah. I (as much as I dislike the people there…) still follow BZP for their news page, and they recently put an article up that the LEGO magazine would only be available to children under 12, and that the gearing would be changed.

EDIT: For information’s purpose: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/14281-do-you-read-the-lego-magazine/

1 Like

I guess. BZP is one of the other BIONICLE community sites, so I don’t know what harm it would be. As long as it leads to no viruses or spam.

Done.

Aw… You gotta be kidding me… I just got my Lego Club Magazine back… And they are going to take it away. Now what will I do for the rest of 2015? Go watch Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Star Wars 7, and play with the return of BIONICLE?

I’m sure you can download them online :slight_smile:

1 Like