The Official Super Smash Bros for Wii U Topic

So hello everybody…and welcome…to the Wii U Smash Bros topic.

This will be the TTV topic for Smash Bros for Wii U (somewhat obviously), and possibly for 3DS as well. That said, I’m only getting the Wii U version, so basically everything in here posted by me/all tournaments run for this site will be directed towards the Wii U.

So with all of that said…here’s what the topic will be doing mostly.

Leading up to the game’s release (and after, depending on DLC) I’ll post various new announcements about the game that can be discussed.

After the game’s release, we’ll start organizing various Smash Bros game nights and tournaments over the internet, which you’re welcome to come and join. Rules for game nights will be made up on the spot depending on what we feel like, rules for tournaments will be posted later.

If you want to join us at any point, feel free to do so. I would request that if this interests you, please let me know in the comments, just so I can get an idea of who here has a Wii U or is planning to get one, will get Smash Bros, and wants to play online.

-MT

2 Likes

No playable Ridley? 0/10

Oh wait, Mewtwo DLC?

1/10!

-Mesonak

8 Likes

BUT ONLY IF YOU BUY BOTH VERSIONS

(which I don’t really want to do)

-MT

I dunno. It might have been a translation error and they may have meant to say either or something

Wake me up when someone I know buys the Wii U version.

3DS version is enough for me… and I don’t own a Wii U.

Unfortunately, it was definitely both.

-MT

I believe the implication was that there will be an option to purchase him if you do not own both, whereas he’s free if you do own both.

-Mesonak

1 Like

That’d be grand.

-MT

I think I might give up on buying an Xbox One for a Wii U. MANY titles interest me, including Smash for Wii U.

I only wanted an Xbox One for the Master Chief Collection :confused:

3 Likes

3DS version will probs be the only one I will own
because, I dont own a wii U and have no plans on getting one until zelda wii U

1 Like

The Wii U version looks amazing. Really if you are considering buying a Wii U just to get it, go ahead. There are plenty of amazing Wii U games besides Smash Bros to make it well worth your money.

3 Likes

So Wii U version is here.

If anyone has it and wants to play, let me know.

-MT

Wait, I already made a smash bros topic a LONG time ago…

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/suuuuuper-smaaaaaash-brotherrrrs/2760/

Yep. This one’s dedicated to finding online matches as opposed to discussing the series in general

-MT

So Mewtwo will be purchaseable if you don’t get both versions.

Also don’t have a Wii U yet, but I’m hoping for one by Christmas (or maybe for Christmas).

We should totally start using this topic now

I suppose we could switch over to using this topic for tournament planning and stuff…there just didn’t seem to be enough interest in Smash Bros for two topics to be viable.

But hey, now that the game’s been out for a while, and maybe some more people have it, who knows.

Also Hawk you should totally get your internet working and join in sometime.

-MT

1 Like

yo, anyone still alive here? :slight_smile:

T̟̖͕͗̋̈́ͨ̄̋̌̌̊́͠h͙̭́̐̈̈́͂̄̋͢è̸̡͓̟̩̤͖̮ͩ͢ ͙͎̮̳̈F̢̛͌ͮͭ̋ͬ̃҉͕̯̦̰͉̞͓̝i̴͈̘͎̝̫̤̚͟n̶̶̘̺̜̙͛̑̅̀ͩͨa̠̬̪̗̠̗̍̐͊͛̔ͫͪ̑͟ͅļ̴̝̜̭̬̼̖͇̀͒͋ͩ ͇͉̮̠̪̯͔̌ͫͤͦ͐ͬ̇͆̚S̡͆̇ͥ̋ͅm̶̢̘̰͈̂̒̇a̷͖̥̠̭͛ͩͯ̐̍͋̓ͤ͡ͅͅs͔̞̑́h̢͈́̀̇̐̂͊͆̏ͭ ͧ̈̏̇̑̚҉̰̻͖̻͜Á̭̗̤̗̝̟̺̍̓̅̓̋ͩ̇́n̟̭̙̭͌̓ͨ͊̾̔͟n̠͇͒ơ̧̢̞̬̳̊̚u̦̳͔̘̣̗̥ͣ̈́͟͠n̩̲̼̭̻̙̆̕͠͞ç̴͉͔̻̪͚ͣ̐ͤ͘e̘̩̮̦͗ͯ̈̕͡m̹̱̲͒̀͜ͅe̶̡̤͔̾̈́n̽̾̅͏͚͡͞ţ̯̟̪̫́ͮ̈͜͢ͅ ̶̡̲͈̺̦̥̥̏̍͌ͣ͑ͯw̛͙͔̗͍͇̘̖͔̋͐̎ͧ̐̋ͥ́i̺̝ͭ͑̑̋l̛̀̔̆̃̽͌͐͢҉̭̙l̻̻͓̝̞̥͎̯̓ͦ̎ ͖̳̘̬͚͓̤̘͊͆̑͛̕b͖͉̳̳̘͐̄̉̕͠ȇ̴̢̳̼̤̭̺̤̈̿̔̂ͣ̀͌͝ ̸͕̮̒t̸̪͍̻̹̳͇ͬ̂̀͘o̒̚҉̭̰͘m̝̠̤̖̰̮̰̄̅̆́̃̔ͭ͜ö̸́̅͛ͤ͆̍̓ͪ҉̞̫̱r̜̺̳̜̲̭̪ͭ̃̚͞r̵̭̺̪͉̬̮͓̼̎͐͛̅o̶̪ͥͭͥͪ͐ͨ̽͋̽w̴̛͇̞ͥ̓ͯ͒.̊̑ͮͣ̏ͣ̓̍̄͘͡͏̼͓̙̣͕̹̙͔.̫̠͔̟̻͎̿ͤ͟ͅͅ.̛̻̪̭̟̠͖̖͒͛͗ͤ

1 Like

Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta… Super Smash Bros 4 has the best guest fighter lineup ever. I want Corrin’s armor in real life so badly.

LOL!