The PBS Kids Nostalgia topic

Did anyone else love PBS kids while growing up?

Anyways, if ya have fond memories of this little programing block, sound off in the comments.

5 Likes

Arthur was the best show ever.

4 Likes

Yea, it was.

Also, for those who grew up with this 'round 2009, Be ready to be hit with some nostalgia:

6 Likes

I didn’t have cable why I was little, so I watched these shows in the morning and saw the same episodes again in the afternoon. I wasted so much time!
My favorite show was Word Girl.

1 Like

Word Girl
Fetch With Ruff Ruffman
Martha Speaks
Electric Company
Cyber Chase

There are probably more

1 Like

I forgot about Cyber Chase! Another one of my favorites! (The names were really reflective of the “cyber” part with “Hacker”, “Buzz,” “Delete,” etc.)

1 Like

yeah boi
I think my memories were these, plus Sesame Street, Between the Lions, Zoboomafoo, Curious George, Clifford, and probably a few more.

(fun fact: Electric Company was something I was introduced to retroactively - it was one the first series I encountered online rather than on TV.)

5 Likes

My brother and I loved Fetch with Ruff Ruffman and we were kind of sad when it ended

who here remembers the og wishbone

1 Like

Oh yeah I forgot:
Teletubbies
Clifford
Puppy Clifford
Sesame Street

Dragon Tales, Cyber Chase, Bob the Builder, and Zoboomafoo were shows I always looked forward to watching when I was younger. Also does anyone remember George Shrinks?

2 Likes

I loved Word Girl and Cyberchase growing up.

1 Like
4 Likes

I remember Barney, 7 Little Monster, Marvin the Tap Dancing Horse, etc.

2 Likes

Darn right it was.

I didn’t watch PBS kids a lot when I was younger (I was more of a Nick Jr kind of kid :stuck_out_tongue:) But a few shows I do remember:

Word girl

Martha Speaks

Sesame Street

Cyberchase

That’s all I can remember for now.

Oh yeah and there was that show about the bald kid but I can’t remember the name.

2 Likes

I think you mean Caillou.

1 Like

Krillin

It was called Caillou. I remember liking this show too.

1 Like

I am getting all sorts of feels just listening to these names.

I rember back in Kindergarten when I was pickes up from school and watched some PBS. When my mom got home and asked what I learned I would always say something from the shows I watched and not school.

Oh, totally forgot about Word Girl XD

Yea, I didn’t have cable from 3rd grade onwards, nor did I have internet until 6th grade, So this block was what I watched after school for a solid 3-4 years