The Pros of Bad Bionicle Sets

Takanuva is pretty much Solek. (buildwise)

I actually think no Bionicle set is a bad set, technically. Character wise, it’s iffy, but if you’re counting the Lego aspect, pretty much every set is good in a way because we get a variety of parts for future MOCs. Admittedly, those pieces did become less versatile over the years, so that’s a big negative. I stopped buying Bionicle in early 2006 due to being banned from Lego by my parents, so I never got to get the later sets. :confused:

Whoops. Just fixed that. :smile:

They are pretty bad, especially in the looks department. LoSS was pretty good, I don’t play with the sets so the lack of super posible limbs didn’t bother me. Skull Scorpio has a couple good parts with and overly bulky function and unmoving frame with limited arm movement due to it. And ketar, he’s just not right. Function is as loose as the mata functions if not more, colors don’t blend, tail is useless, and the gimmick mode doesn’t look too spectacular with pohatu.
The concepts were good, but not the end result. Although if you mod scorpios tale it can be thinner and better, and do the same to ketar, but redo the function to where just the tail moves and he has pincers with attachable swords for unity mode.

2 Likes

The pros is that they are all precious cinnamon rolls too pure for this world.

3 Likes

They make for good scapegoats.

4 Likes

i think ketar is 2nd beast creature and skull Scorpio are pretty good. Also rahaga are some of my favorite small sets but i think…

oh i’m gonna get killed for saying this but…

the 2004 toa

2 Likes

I guess Takanuva stars was alright as well as Tahu. Both looked like their first incarnations which was nice

1 Like

^this, always can use more parts.

1 Like

Toa Mata Nui has many useful parts while the set itself is pretty weak.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t understand the hatred for Solek. While the Av-Matoran/Agori build is deeply flawed, I feel like was one of the ones who pulled it off the best, especially among the Av-Matoran. He has a consistent look, and the gray actually fits his color scheme, and there are no awkward 90-degree bent limbs.

The building system is flawed but I don’t understand why he in particular is always singled out. There are far worse cases.

4 Likes

Well I have no idea what good a bad set is. Maybe for part packs? That is all I can think of.

1 Like

You can Chainsaw them…worth it I say, specially with the White Av-Matoran.

3 Likes

Not Tanma, though. I like Tanma.

4 Likes

there are a few sets that I never took apart (ever) and tanma is one of them. It’s either because I never needed his parts or because he looked cool. Now that I look back on it, I think he looks cool (for being an Av-matoran)

2 Likes

I disagree, his lime pieces are disgusting.

1 Like

I would point out something about subjectivity but then again this entire topic is being subjective

Carry on

3 Likes

Oh so you like the easily breakable lime pieces, you are such a strange fellow.

1 Like

He said Tanma LOOKS cool.

Breakfastable pieces do not affect looks.

3 Likes

I disagree highly on that. The piece moulds themselves get increasingly disgusting which each mould breakage. So much so I would never ever use those pieces for anything ever again, there are far nicer pieces than those that actually stay intact for more than one building.

1 Like