The Rahagaless Toa Hagah (Bionicle Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

They are, though it might be a turn-off to some voters.

3 Likes

Gotta admit, I do like your Pouks!

2 Likes

Excuse me, what do you mean with risk? Is there any problem with the Knights Kingdom pieces files or something?

2 Likes

It was a joke :sweat_smile:
But I do have to say, it was my first time using making a lego piece or using a 3d modeling sofware, so the models aren’t very good, just good enough.
I didn’t have the real pieces either, so they are not 100% acurate in their dimentions. But I did my best with the proportions.

3 Likes

I get the feeling, I had the same problem with most of the custom pieces I used in my entries, especially because the axles didn’t fit properly most of the time at the beginning.

1 Like

I’ll be honest in that I don’t think anybody has done the upside-down Metru torso well at all until your Gaaki!

It’s very nicely merged into the overall design, and I think it lends her that same sort of ancient, wizened vibe I always got from Rahaga Gaaki’s voice in the movie.

Nicely done!

4 Likes

I’m going to blush :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

All of these are solid, but I especially really like your Kualus and Bomonga! I also considered giving Kualus a Kadin as a little nod to his thing with birds, but it didn’t quite gel with the overall look I had for him – I love how you gave him that spiky motif throughout his design, it looks really consistent and “official.” So much character!

Bomonga’s broadened shoulders even out the hunched look very nicely, which also accommodates the Inika armor sitting lower on his chest. And the gold really pops! Chef’s kiss :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Some bonus images with the Toa using their masks power, before the voting starts. Let me know if you get all the references.

4 Likes

Bomonga as Ant-Man and War Machine LOL good one

Is Kualus’ pose from Shrek 3 when Snow White summoned forest animals while the Immigrant Song played? :rofl:

Is Gaaki reviewing Avengers clips like Stark did in the first Avengers film?

IS POUKS OPENING A JAR OF PICKLES

4 Likes

3 of 4, not bad

3 Likes

Sat on these for a bit, and I rather like them! They strike a nice balance between uniqueness/complexity and set accuracy. And I especially appreciate the little dioramas you made for each of them. Did you make the Tahtorak and other rahi yourself, or were those prerendered elsewhere?

[quote=“Huemus, post:42, topic:60068”]

Can’t believe I haven’t seen someone use the Bionicle minifigures like this before. It’s really rather brilliant.

“No, the lid. The lid. The. Lid. THE LID!”

4 Likes

Thanks, the I found the Master Builder Rahi models in a Discord group. All the other, including the Tahtorak, I made them myself.

@Minirigby also use the minifugures in his entry. They are a funny addition.

“Exactly as you do.”

1 Like

Nice. They turned out great!

Good luck in the contest!

Really like Pouks with the shoulder armor, Black accents and leg pieces

Update: Bomonga is also very cool!

2 Likes

Would you be willing to share the .dat files that you used in this model for Kualus and Pouks’s shoulders?

I have currently downloaded your stud.io model, and I have been copy/pasting from it whenever I need the parts, but I am now noticing that stud.io will only let each part exist in a single model at a time; all other models with the part will just display the 2x2 Question Mark Brick in place of the piece until I copy/paste it in again, even in your original model.

I’m not sure how to get the .dat file, but I uploaded in the same link the .part files of both armors. I hope it work for you.

Actually, there’s a better file for the spiky shoulder armor now. That old version’s pin hole doesn’t work. You can get if you join the Bionicle 3d modeling discord server and look up for it in the Model-archives section. However, I haven’t seen Kualus’ shoulder armor yet, same for the Sub-Zero Spear.

Yeah, that worked. Thanks.

Where can I join?

I was able to modify the part provided by @Huemus to have a proper pin hole:

Should I post it somewhere?

1 Like

This is illegal you know… there are 2 ways to make that connection, one of them locks the axle forever.